Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Split a room at Transworld Ren Hotel???.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark, you must have missed my statement
    I have several gay friends who work at and own haunts I know of about 7 gay haunt owners.
    I dont know of any Hispanic women owners nor any african american owners. I dont think its important what the demographic is though.

Damon- I steer clear of chat when it isint about haunting, Im a fairly serious guy when it comes to what I do, so when Chat slides toward hitting on the two girls that show up or penis talk...I have better things to do with my time. I judge no one it just dosent make me happy. I get to be a 14year old in my workshop so I dont have to be one on the internet. When were talking haunt, Im in.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Gahauntet,

I see your point. But you said some of these posts were homophobic, so what? They have a right to if that's what they believe just as the homosexuals have a right to what they do. Not everyone will agree and accept anything or everything and that's something everyone has to accept!

Allen, my mistake I did miss the part you said about you knowing gay haunt owners.

DA

Comment

DA,

No offense intended, but you are the one who keeps asking repeatedly if any haunt owners are gay. What the heck does it matter? For the record, I am straight, but if I were gay, I would say so. It shouldn't matter what anyone's sexual preference is, just like it shouldn't matter what their gender is (I know you are actually 2 people, which is why your posts are often so different), what their race is, what their nationality is, etc. We are all just people, working toward the same cause.

Please drop it. Your question has been answered by several. Yes, there are gay haunt owners. I would guess there are gay people in almost every profession. Thanks!
        Last edited by dungmaster; 02-04-2011, 07:42 AM.
        According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

Dungmaster, don't you have some turd videos to post?

You're late on the thread it has already been established that there are gay haunt owners you're regurgitating past facts. I addressed Gahaunter's post about calling some posts homophobic not about gay haunt haunters if you want to join the discussion please get your head out of the toilet and keep up.

I have no problem with gay people or gay haunt owners it's not indicative to what type of person or haunter you are. I was merely inquiring about what I perceive as a lack of gay haunt owners to which I was proven wrong...

DA

Comment

Allen that must be some other chat room? We talk religion usually when your not in the room.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Damon, because of you Im cleaning coffee off my monitor.
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Every time I'm in chat with Allen, all we talk about is politics.

And DA, no I haven't posted a turd video on The Inflatable Turd thread recently (I think I remember reading that the last of those, which you posted, was of your family vacation). I've done much better than that. The newest video is an awesome warning for everyone planning to drive through Georgia anytime soon...
                Last edited by dungmaster; 02-04-2011, 11:59 AM.
                According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

I hope that was from laughter Allen! LOL! We talk how Shane religiously needs a woman! LOL!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                    Wow, this thread is awesome!!!! Lol
                    Twin Locusts, I love that poster!!

I was holding out until spookhole posted about lube and rubber fists. I'll share a room!! But no gay stuff. But I could use a cuddler!!

And for my cofession....

I like to dress up like a stormtrooper and have sexy time with princess leia posters and dolls.
                    Is there anything wrong with that.

Oh and another confession, as most may know, when I drink I always wanna flash things at people!! And get epic beer goggles too!

There, enough embarrassment on me. Someone else post something now!
                    I was reading this thread and ALMOST laughing until I got to this. hahahahahahah

Comment

This post has seemingly taken on a decidedly lighter tone than before. I was going to let the topic go and fade into obscurity but I feel since DA mentioned me by name, I owed him an reply. There is where it get's serious again so everyone else feel free to tune out.

DA you wrote:

Gahauntet,

I see your point. But you said some of these posts were homophobic, so what?

So what? Really? That response is the reason we have this as a problem: people's apathy and ignorance. Turning a blind eye to it pretty much makes you an enabler of the problem. Most people all have the same response: "I'm not gay. Why should I care"? They don't realize how it affects people or even worse participate in it thinking, "it was only a joke".

You said:

They have a right to if that's what they believe just as the homosexuals have a right to what they do.

I'm not even sure what that statement means. What exactly are the homosexuals in your above reference doing, being gay? Living? What you've essentially just said is: someone has a right to insult, harass, make threats, and possibly physically attack another class of people simply because they don't like their sexual orientation and that it's ok for them to do it because, gay people are, surprise: Gay! How can you believe that anyone has a right to do that? There's a huge difference in just having a differing point of view/rejecting their beliefs, and being a homophobe.

This is the definition of homophobia:

irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Irrational Fears. We exploit these in our haunts all the time. Funny thing is most fears are not irrational at all, but based on a real cause. Ask most of your customers that are afraid of clowns and you usually get a response ranging from: "I hate the clown from Stephen King's IT", or they had some sort of bad experience as a child at the circus. Why are people scared of chainsaws? Because people associate them with 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' and they make a loud noise when they crank. Pretty reasonable, right?

It's highly doubtful that most homophobes were abducted as children by a rabid pack of gays; taken to Cathy-Lee Gifford style sweatshops; and forced to make rainbow flags while listening to Judy Garland and Barbara Streisand's greatest hits albums. However, if it did happen, I would certainly consider it a rational and understandable fear. =)

The second part of the definition I disagree with. I'll probably take a lot of heat for this, but I believe we have the right to like and dislike who we please. Let's face it, try as we might, we are prejudiced. I can understand people who don't like gays because they think they are too flamboyant, or flaunt their sexuality, don't like they way they talk, or are even religious zealots who have Leviticus 18:22 tattooed on the insides of their eyelids. They have that right to disagree or dislike them. Which is, what I think, you were trying to say here:

Not everyone will agree and accept anything or everything and that's something everyone has to accept!

I agree. We can all agree to disagree. The problem is what we do with that aversion or dislike. Which brings me to the final part of the definition: Discrimination!

It doubt you would say "so what" to someone: sexually harassing a women, bashing an older person, making racial slurs, nazi skin heads threatening Jews, insulting someone with a disability, or insulting your religion, at least publicly.

Oppressing, suppressing, creating an environment of hostility or discomfort is what discrimination is all about. I'm sure no one here thinks these are rights afforded to us to make us feel superior over another group of humans.

I'm sure we're probably on the same page DA. It's just the way you worded that made it sound like you think homophobia isn't a problem or that it's ok for someone to be homophobic because they think that's what they believe.

I now return everyone to their regularly scheduled thread, typed live in front of a studio audience.

=)
                      Lee D. Sanders

Comment

Live and let live!

DA

Comment

Well everytime I open this thread up again I wonder what is waiting for me. Gahaunter was going to let it fade and I think I will after this. This strikes me funny. I had a PM from a married guy who's wife is not going saying he was considering my idea VERY VERY early in the thread posting. I am sure there were no more than 2 replies to my original posting..if even that many when they pm'd me. But after over 1100 viewings nobody else will touch my original idea with a ten foot pole after seeing where it went to right away...right down into gutter. Now farmers going to a new machinery show/convention in Louisville Ky will charter a bus and fill it from one or two counties from Michigan. This happpens from all over the U.S. And the NORM is farmers will share a room...two guys...two beds per room. Now I will go even farther and do that terrible thing of sterotyping. I do not know of one gay farmer; and by farmer I mean corn, wheat, soybean, dairy, hogs, beef. I was shocked that someone posted something like they didn't think there would be many gay haunt owners....if I had to make a guess before this thread I would have said slightly higher than national avg. of all people.

The time at this farm show is viewed as much a BS session with each other to brag/lie about corn yields with fellow farmers as seeing the newest equipmet. Now I will sterotype my profession. Conservative, white, stubborn as hell, old fashioned, stubborn as hell, Christian but not Bible thumper, stubborn as hell. Nothing scares us...except weather and disease. A drought will scare us to death. A flood will starve us to death.

I was at a expo last two days. I had a booth for my corn maze at a Mid Michigans womens expo. I talked with a lot of moms, scout leaders etc. about our maze...and a few were interested in haunted trail. There were a couple of hair dressers there. NOW DON"T STEROTYPE AND GET AHEAD OF ME! You just did DIDN"T you. Yes there were male hairdressers there putting color streaks in womens hair. One of them stopped by and looked over maze pictures. After he left the next lady stepped up and said; "He was alittle light in his shoes wasn't he". This came from a 250# plus woman holding a large Pepsi. My response..."He was intrigued by the artwork I can create in 20 acres of corn using 3 miles of trails." Her..."Three miles!!!! I aint going in there!"

Oh yeah; your are dying to know if I am sharing a room. I doubt it. I think all the stuff on here would leave anyone leary of flying on a commercial plane sitting next to a stranger now. We have exchanged pm's about each othrs business etc. but neither one anxious to commit till we know more about each other. Maybe more accurate to say I would not look forward to a few jokes from a few people about being gay when I am straight as an arrow.

How twisted is that? Then again it boils back down to who I am. A farmer; stubborn as hell. So; the coming jokes wouldn't bother me. Hell. I may end up searching out gay haunt owners to drink with just to get away from childish adults.

Comment

Hey nobody said I was an adult...
                            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Farmer, you need to lighten up a little. The reason no one wants to split a room with you is because they don't know you personally. It's just not safe to stay with someone you don't know. I don't care if you say you're a church goer, are a family man, take care of the handicapped or whatever. It doesn't matter since no one knows you personally. A lot of people have normal facades when they are in public, but when you get to know them, you want to get away as quickly as possible.

I'm sure you're a nice and pleasant person, but with the world we live in, it's just not safe to take a chance because you want to save a couple of bucks. Hell, you don't know anyone else on these message boards either so you might also be putting yourself at risk. And by the way, you were the first person to bring up lesbians and homosexuals in your first post. That's one of the reasons why it got out of control with all the gay talk.
                              Spooky Wishes
                              Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Point taken Jolly

Point taken Jolly Pumpkin. Understand people will act one way in public facade...but want to walk away as soon as you get to know them. But it is so totally un me I tend to forget it. Now part about "so I can avoid childish adults". A little sarcastic humor that went over like a lead balloon....or should I say a wet fart.
                                Last edited by wickedfarmer; 02-07-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X