Let's Talk Vendors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpolley View Post
    Hey look...more of the same stupid stuff that goes on time and time again. Obviously we have "wronged" Tyler in some way...this is the first I've heard of it. Tyler has some issue, doesn't bring it to my attention, then gets on the forums and bad mouths me for it. That makes sense. You know, Tyler, I remeber a time not long ago when you didn't have a haunt and you weren't taken seriously and were really getting abused by some of the members here and who stood up for you? Me. I have considered you a friend and thought you were above this kind of childish garbage.

How can anyone expect a vendor to please them when the vendor doesn't even know a problem exists? All I can say is that we have a long list of happy customers that will stand behind our brand, our quality, and our customer service. It's tough to get service if you never ask for it. We try our absolute best to keep our customers happy...but telepatheically divining that there is an issue to resolve is beyond my current capabilities. And...is it just me or do I appear on both the good and bad vendor list??? Tyler, I don't know what your problem is. If I did, I would have worked to resolve it. As it stands now, I don't really care to. This dash to the forums and run our mouths policy is juvenile and unproductive. Maybe try to place one phone call or email to the vendor first.

Maybe I should start a list of haunts that I won't sell too...
    If you do make a list, make it better than the tent guys list. His list comprised of a guy that wasn't quite all there to begin with.

Anyway, I have had good vendors and bad vendors. I think we have eventually gotten anything we ever ordered even if it was months late so I wouldn't say those vendors are bad, stuff happens and stuff falls through the crack.

I will say Unit70, CFX, Fright props, Gore Galore, Minispotlight, Odinaro or whatever oak island is now, Pale night(bought 1 cleaver and found a bottle of blood at the new haunt we bought), screamline studios off the top of my head have all done me well. There are probably more, these are just off the top of my head.

I haven't tried calling these places a lot but I will say that dude from Gore Galore always answers his phone.
    Last edited by mindtumor; 01-28-2011, 07:36 AM.
    Jared Layman

Comment

I agree mindtumor, Kevin Alvey should have a gold star by his name!
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

2 Way Street!

Kip let me say I had a major problem with you too. I got perma blood when I received it and opened it it was red, runny, glossy, looked and felt like blood it was gross!!!! What were you thinkiing! LOL Awsome Man!

Look I have no problems with vendors calling out bad buyers it's only fair and it's a two way street. I know there are two sides to everystory but it's the vendors who we keep hearing time and time again that we need to address.

Here is a shocker for you and I will list when the time is right but my problem was with 1 VENDOR LAST YEAR! I mean a had a few problems and they were all corrected before I opened and I will do business again because they corrected it before I opened. Now on this one vendor I had a conversation with him to the point I wanted to shoot him. Finally I said at this point I will do what I have to do to get through the season and I did. One of the props I bought from this company was $7,000.00 he out right told me I was the only one to have this problem I let him lie to me because and here is a new one guys, I got all my calls with this company on recording. He did not know I had a friend in GA, TX, and OH that had the same exact problem! He said it was an air issue which I knew was bull shit when you have metal grinding on metal brother it's a design issue make no mistake about it.

Now onto another problem from the same vendor different prop. My guy told his guy hey on the first run the prop broke his employees responce on Oct 4th at 1:23pm was " wow we should have tested it" a few minutes into the conversation my guy say how many times do you test them before you ship the company employee answeres at 1:28 " four, five half dozen" and you expect me to run it thousands of times in a season!!! I knew when I spent alot with this company they better not screw me and I was prepared! I suggest you to do the same! I got I think off the top of my head 7 maybe 8 and had issues with them all but 2 and 1 of the 2 I just did not have time to check and use this year got a feeing its gonna be a screw up too! Shane and it's stay tuned! Shane

A+ companies with me

Pale Night
        Ghost Ride
        Distortions
        Poison Props
        Edge Designs
        Unit70
        CFX Mask
        Affx Mask
        Gore Galore
        Fright Props
        Froggys Fog
        NightScream
        HauntWorld Magazine
        Jak Prints
        HauntWorld.com
        HauntedHouse.com
        Rogues Hollow
        BrainStorm Studios
        Screamline Studios

I am sure there is some I am missing but don't hold it aginst me if you screw me or anyone I know you would have known it.

B- Company
        Creature Corps .... I really liked their costumes at the show they seemd like they do each one and paint each one by hand when I got them the colors were not the same as at the show and they seems mass produced did not have the one on one paint job that was at the show!

Gep Productions
        Like the tunell but when I got it it had no hand rails and to me thats the most important part. I call Allen and he said well Shane it cost so much to ship the rails we just tell people to go to Lowes and pick up the pipe.. Hello UMMMMMMMM last time I looked I was paying shipping and what good is a tunell with a hole in it where someone fell through!

I think from here it go to a F rating and I will post that later unless anyone can guess it. Larry I will say me and you will disagree big time on 1 all others I agree with you on!
        Last edited by graystone; 01-28-2011, 10:12 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Here is my

Preview of me at the TransWorld Show! Shane and it's Mr. Vendor that screwed me, Don't make me angry! You would not like me when I am angry! Shane

***If your that Vedor take this clip as a warning!
          sigpic

Comment

You need to give a timeline for each vendor visit. I think they will make great youtube videos.
            Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
              Kip let me say I had a major problem with you too. I got perma blood when I received it and opened it it was red, runny, glossy, looked and felt like blood it was gross!!!! What were you thinkiing! LOL Awsome Man!

Look I have no problems with vendors calling out bad buyers it's only fair and it's a two way street. I know there are two sides to everystory but it's the vendors who we keep hearing time and time again that we need to address.

Here is a shocker for you and I will list when the time is right but my problem was with 1 VENDOR LAST YEAR! I mean a had a few problems and they were all corrected before I opened and I will do business again because they corrected it before I opened. Now on this one vendor I had a conversation with him to the point I wanted to shoot him. Finally I said at this point I will do what I have to do to get through the season and I did. One of the props I bought from this company was $7,000.00 he out right told me I was the only one to have this problem I let him lie to me because and here is a new one guys, I got all my calls with this company on recording. He did not know I had a friend in GA, TX, and OH that had the same exact problem! He said it was an air issue which I knew was bull shit when you have metal grinding on metal brother it's a design issue make no mistake about it.

Now onto another problem from the same vendor different prop. My guy told his guy hey on the first run the prop broke his employees responce on Oct 4th at 1:23pm was " wow we should have tested it" a few minutes into the conversation my guy say how many times do you test them before you ship the company employee answeres at 1:28 " four, five half dozen" and you expect me to run it thousands of times in a season!!! I knew when I spent alot with this company they better not screw me and I was prepared! I suggest you to do the same! I got I think off the top of my head 7 maybe 8 and had issues with them all but 2 and 1 of the 2 I just did not have time to check and use this year got a feeing its gonna be a screw up too! Shane and it's stay tuned! Shane

A+ companies with me

Pale Night
              Ghost Ride
              Distortions
              Poison Props
              Edge Designs
              Unit70
              CFX Mask
              Affx Mask
              Gore Galore
              Fright Props
              Froggys Fog
              NightScream
              HauntWorld Magazine
              Jak Prints
              HauntWorld.com
              HauntedHouse.com
              Rogues Hollow
              BrainStorm Studios
              Screamline Studios

I am sure there is some I am missing but don't hold it aginst me if you screw me or anyone I know you would have known it.

B- Company
              Creature Corps .... I really liked their costumes at the show they seemd like they do each one and paint each one by hand when I got them the colors were not the same as at the show and they seems mass produced did not have the one on one paint job that was at the show!

Gep Productions
              Like the tunell but when I got it it had no hand rails and to me thats the most important part. I call Allen and he said well Shane it cost so much to ship the rails we just tell people to go to Lowes and pick up the pipe.. Hello UMMMMMMMM last time I looked I was paying shipping and what good is a tunell with a hole in it where someone fell through!

I think from here it go to a F rating and I will post that later unless anyone can guess it. Larry I will say me and you will disagree big time on 1 all others I agree with you on!
              Ha! I've been waiting for this day for a long time.

You need to re-edit your post Shane. You left off one of your famous signatures.

Comment

Shawn

LOL nope look right about where I start the list of vendors. I did add a few more words at the bottom however so it was easy to over look! Shane and it's you almost had me! Shane:lol:
                sigpic

Comment

It's time to bond together and yell out WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE!
                  This one's for you Shane. This is one of the theme songs to our haunt...

This is a great thread
                  Patrick Barberry
                  www.legendsofthefog.com
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL nope look right about where I start the list of vendors. I did add a few more words at the bottom however so it was easy to over look! Shane and it's you almost had me! Shane:lol:
                    Rats. Thought I finally caught you. But you can't keep it up forever, and I'll be waiting....quietly, here in the dark, ready to pounce.

Comment

Shawn

I had to read it over again I actually thought I had LOL. Shane and it's I know your watching now LOL! Shane
                      sigpic

Comment

Remember!!!

Don't let Vendors take your money and turn their back on you!!! Do you want to be doing this all season when you should be working on new sets and props? Shane and it's I am just sayin! Shane

Anyone wanna guess what were working on? I will tell you what you win later!
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Guess the animatronic

I'll go first and my guess is a Scissor Serpent.

Dan Augusto

Comment

Well, Shane... since this is a thread about vendors, and it looks like an animatronic... I'm going to guess it's a SF product.

Don't let Vendors take your money and turn their back on you!!! Do you want to be doing this all season when you should be working on new sets and props? Shane and it's I am just sayin! Shane

Anyone wanna guess what were working on? I will tell you what you win later!
                            Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
                            Haunt 2013, LLC
                            and
                            The House of Boo
                            Dallas, TX
                            www.haunt2013.com
                            www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

An A+ Customer Service vendor

I have seen Distortions listed on a few peoples "good" lists here. I bought their Gargoyle Shock last year. It blew a fuse on me. It had the wrong fuse in control box. It WAS NOT a mistake by Distortions...but by controller company they bought controller from. My jaw dropped when I got a live person on phone to help me! I was not acusstomed to this with a few other big props I had bought in past. Distortions got ahold of control maker and had replacement fuse IN MY HAND next morning by 11:00 AM!!!!!! Ran like a charm all rest of season. DISTORTIONS will be first vendor I see at Transworld.

Comment

Distortions!

I have only had a few problems with Distortions over the years! And I can say EVERYTIME they called me right back once at night during the show and BOOM! We were up and running! I might add they were small problems! Shane and it's they treat you like they care! Shane

I will say I just had my guys complete a list of props that was a total disaster for me this past year. I will report if I have been taken care of or not soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X