VIP Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIP Sales

We will be adding VIP sales to our haunt this year. We'll offer a certain amount online as well as onsite upgrades. This issues of my concern are the scheduling of VIP tours, onsite location of VIP box office, Onsite location of VIP entrance, and the overall number we should permit to purchase VIP Access. We should average 1000 guests per night and are considering reserving 200 per night for VIP. I am no expert and realize most on this board have vast experience, therefore, any thoughts, criticisms, ideas and, most importantly, input would be appreciated
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

VIP... a love/hate thing...

People who want to purchase VIP love the fact that they can buy VIP... people who can't afford it will hate you for it. People who come from out of town, or haunt enthusiasts who want to see you among several others in the same night will also go for the VIP, and they should have that opportunity. I hope to move away from vip and attempt a reservation system someday.

here's a few suggestions...
    - The more you can hide VIP from your general audience queue, the better... ie don't have your vip do a loop around the entire GA line...
    - sell vip passes the same place you sell the rest of your tickets... save yourself headache
    - as far as limiting vip sales and scheduling (not sure what you mean here), use your gut... you know your haunt best

hope this helps
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com
    sigpic

Comment

Sean:

We are about the same size haunt. Some nights we need them and other nights it's dead if we aren't overly busy.

I would suggest not limiting them. At one point our VIP line was the same as the other. We did a 2 vs 1 from the regular line. If we only had 4 from VIP in a group we took 2 from the reg line and sent them. It's easy money and people like it. I disagree with hiding the line and here's why. People would wait an hr and then they would get out of line and purchase VIP tickets for 5.00 more. Get in within 20 minutes and we made additional money. So it worked for us. We sell the tickets at the same place so they can't bitch they didn't know. Although some always do. Just my 2 cents. It's definately worth doing.

Comment

Working...
      X