Beat you guys to the punch... Pappy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat you guys to the punch... Pappy's

I know all you guys love this place Pappies so we went there last night ... then went back to work on Darkness until like 1am. Here is myself, Jim and John all hanging out!

Who's going when you get here to town???

Oh well back to work on The Darkness.

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Never heard of it, is the food good and is it close to the convention center?

DA
    Last edited by Darkangel; 01-22-2011, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Larry

You swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and noting but the truth so help you God? Shane and it's always fun! Shane
      sigpic

Comment

Some of the BEST BBQ beast that I have ever put in my MOUTH *drool*
        missjayne
        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Wow, look at those dorks.
          Spooky Wishes
          Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

You are supposed to take pictures of the food too. That way Pappy's gives you a discount later and it doesn't look like we were there and then they asked us to leave.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I had never heard of this place till I seen it on the Travel Channel last year. I was too dang busy last year during Transworld. This year I look to be busier. But I plan on going this year. Isnt it near Busch Stadium? I want to know! LOL! I love good BBQ.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

http://www.pappyssmokehouse.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pappys...5544137?v=wall

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4A...ed=0CBQQ8gEwAA
                missjayne
                Netherworld Haunted Attractions
                http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Best Barbeque...

I've ever had! From what I remember from last October it's not all that far from Darkness, just 5-10 minutes. They were out of ribs when we went, which sucked, but damn, everything was amazing.

Especially the sweet potato fries. So good.
                  *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Some of the best barbecue I have ever had. It was almost an hour wait in line but well worth it. But a word of advice is to get there earlier in the day if you can. They only make so much of each thing and cross it off the menu as they run out throughout the day. I was lucky enought to be the last person that day to get ribs...the people in line behind me were devastated. The fried corn on the cob and sweet potato fries were also awesome. I almost missed my plane to eat here! Will definitely be hitting up at least one meal again this year.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

I should get Pappy's to give me a discount since I turned you guys on to this place last year... lol

Pappy's is right next to St. Louis University on Olive Rd. Us engineers at SLU like to credit ourselves with discovering it because of it's close proximity to our building. LOL. You will see Olive as you drive around downtown, so just take Olive west and it will get you there. It'll be on your left. If you reach Grand (with a church on the street corner) you have gone too far.

They don't freeze anything, it is all fresh, hence why they run out so often.

I say we schedule a Sunday lunch visit to Pappy's...in costume.
                      sigpic

Comment

last year...

we took our entire crew there for lunch... the line was out their door... down the hall, and out the building. We waited more than 40 minutes to get our food (lines move as fast as a good haunt). While we waited in line, one of the owners walked up and down the "queue" line with samples of bbq, ribs, and all kinds of stuff.
                        This place isn't big... but the owner guaranteed us that we would have a table... and the place was PACKED. sure enough... they move them in and out.
                        A+ food A++ service
                        Patrick Barberry
                        www.legendsofthefog.com
                        sigpic

Comment

Our whole crew went last year, and we're planning to go back this year. Very good barbecue. I'd rate them a close second to Sonny Bryan's, in Dallas.
                          Steve Peterka
                          Lights Alive
                          www.lights-alive.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                            I know all you guys love this place Pappies so we went there last night ... then went back to work on Darkness until like 1am. Here is myself, Jim and John all hanging out!

Who's going when you get here to town???

Oh well back to work on The Darkness.

Larry
                            So you let the guy in the middle eat more than rats and flies now?
                            Jared Layman

Comment

There now!

Yum yum YUM! Gotta love Pappy's!

P.S. I told them there might be people coming in March in Halloween costumes and they said "oh yeah we remember that! Everyone had those weird contacts!"
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X