X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm new

hello haunters,
    my name is roland, and i'm new to this web site I have to say this by far is the best halloween and haunt web site that i've found. i'm 31 years old ,married, and just had my first baby 3 weeks ago. I am a union electrician working in a coal fired powerhouse. And i'm also planning a haunt in North Dakota.

Comment

POISON HALLOWEEN PROPS! CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE! poisonprops.com

Hi Everyone,
      Adam Johnston here. I live in Santa Monca and have been building from the ground up HH for 12 years. I have been using talking skulls, 12 Volt windshield wiper motor and thunder triggers since the second year. And have been building Pneumatic Animatronics since. I now am starting my own business POISON HALLOWEEN PROPS, which I will have a Booth #8720 at Transworld. (Come and say High). Very exciting!!!!! Im also a Sound Designer for Movies & TV. Here are a couple pics of my products. I put a lot of detail in the sound and couldnt settle for the 8 bit chips sound repeaters most companies were offering. So i searched until i found the right one. So the combination of Violent moving props with good sound, good powered speakers is just the right recipe for a high scare factor. And check out our website www.poisonprops.com
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      PEACE, ADAM
      www.poisonprops.com

Comment

POISON HALLOWEEN PROPS! More pics!

HERE ARE MORE Product PICS!
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        PEACE, ADAM
        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

POISON HALLOWEEN PROPS! More pics! 2

And even more pics!
          Let me know what you think?
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          PEACE, ADAM
          www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Oh By The Way!

It has been great reading about and along with all of you.
            sigpic
            PEACE, ADAM
            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Name: Darryl Magierowski
              Business: Twisted T's Ltd.

The Mysterious World Of Twisted T's is a clothing retail store unlike no other. I first opened the doors in 05' and my vision was to create a store front which had a theme to it. We found that restaurants have themes but why doesn't anything else do this? I had decided to go with a rundown old carnival theme which was influenced first by the movie "The Warriors" and Coney Island and my NEW home town of Niagara Falls. Our store sells t-shirts that cater from the horror movie fan up to more trendy clothing with other strange items. Inside the store there is a walk-thru oddities museum called "Dr. Orbax's Deformatorium". In the summer nights we will be hosting live sideshow acts on our front stage. I guess the only way appreciate the store is by visiting us in person, so come on up to the falls and get yourselves some Twisted T's!

Comment

Spookineer

Hello, I stumbled on this site and saw many familiar names from other forums. Very nice layout of topics and definately some very talented people here. I've been a home haunter for many years but have learned many new tricks in the last few from information shared by others. I hope to contribute what I can. Now that I'm retired, I have much more time to play with my "toys". Looking forward to being an active member of this community...
                D J
                Suisun City, CA (soon to be moving to the other coast)
                I don't want to just scare them, I want to mess them up for life!
                www.spookineering.com

Comment

Hello Haunters!

Hello Everyone! My name is Garry Richwine Jr. and I am new to the Hauntworld Forums. I have been reading this forum for a while and decided to join recently. I have been working at a haunt called Jason's Woods which is located in Lancaster,PA. I knew when I was 6 years old that I wanted to be a haunter and I am glad I am. At Jason's Woods, I work as an actor, and do makeup during the season. Additionally, I setup the show with a few of my other coworkers during the year. Also, I run the Jason's Woods Myspace and the Jason's Woods YouTube. Also, I make and produce all videos shot on site of Jason's Woods. I work very closely with the boss/owner of Jason's Woods, and I am proud to represent them. In the next couple of years, I am going to be studying film at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. I hope to break into the haunted business with a few friends. My goal is to hopefully make haunted videos/commercials for other haunts/businesses. Also, I am going to my first Transworld this year and am totally excited! Hope to see you all there! I love what I do and I hope to continue doing it. Glad to be apart of these boards and the haunted nation!

Here are the websites that I support:

www.jasonswoods.com
                  www.myspace.com/jasonswoodshaunt
                  www.youtube.com/LegendaryJasonsWoods
                  My personal dealings do not reflect the rights and views of Jason's Woods or Jason's Woods Entertainment

Comment

Bill Schnell
                    Columbia, Missouri
                    28 years old
                    Owner / Operator Necropolis and Freakshow in 3D haunted houses (since 2005)
                    www.enterthenecropolis.com
                    www.myspace.com/necropolishauntedhouse

Hello everyone, I recently joined the site but have been a periodic reader for some time. I have a pretty busy life balancing my career, my family and my passion (my haunted houses), but I have decided that I need to be more active in the industry through forums like these. I have learned a great deal from this forum and other sites (and I know I have SO much more to learn) and I hope to be able to help others who are just starting out or trying to get started (I'm no expert but I know I have made a lot of mistakes and may be able to help others not make the same ones). Sorry for the length of this post, but here goes...

My day job is in the health care field as an Occupational therapist. I have been married to my beautiful wife Jennifer since 1999 and we now have our first baby on the way!

My obsession with all things horror started at a very young age. I was raised on horror movies (started watching them at about 5) and my parents always threw huge halloween parties. My mother also always made me and my brother amazing costumes. My parents and other family members would also set up yard haunts for some of the parties. These were my first tastes of haunted houses. In elementary school, my parents set up a haunted house at the school for our halloween party and I got to help with the design and decoration. By the time I was in junior high school, I was completely obsessed. I would go to as many haunted houses each year as I could find. I began keeping a journal where I would write down ideas that I would get from these haunted houses or from movies, T.V. shows, etc. In high school I took over the design and operation of the haunted house at our fall festival. I ran it for 4 years with the great help of my girlfriend (now wife). It was also in high school that we started traveling further to see great haunted houses (we started going to The Darkness every year as well as The Beast and The Edge of Hell in Kansas City). I tried in college to get a haunted house off the ground as a fundraiser for our program but there was just too much red tape involved. After I graduated I knew that is wasn't if but when I would own my own haunted house. It took 4 years of planning and saving but we finally got Necropolis off the ground in 2005. Looking back, I'm not sure how we managed it with so little time and so little budget, but it was mainly due to the amazing efforts and sacrifices of a small group of very close friends. It would not have happened without them. 2008 will be our fourth year running a professional haunted attraction. We learn so much each year and we are always seeking ways to make our haunt better. We have attended Hauntcon since 2005 and hope to make it to Transworld next year. We also purchased the full set of Hauntworld videos and highly recommend them. We love to entertain people and strive to make our attraction the best that we can. I would love to correspond to anyone from this forum who has questions, comments or just wants to say hi. Thanks for the great forum Larry! I know we havn't had an opportunity to chat but hopefully we can at some point (we're just down the road).
                    Bill C. Schnell
                    Dark Son Productions
                    NecroPlanet Haunted Attractions
                    www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

• Hello From UK

hi, there are a lot of people already on here who already know me, but for those who don't, let me introduce myself.

My background is as an industrial controls engineer, where on a day to day basis I'm working with some of the most complex automated machinery in the world, and with a special interest in easy to use integrated control system.

I started out as a home haunter here in the UK before I even realized that this was something people did, my first 'haunt' was originally conceived as a practical joke to scare the increasing numbers of Trick or Treaters over here, with the basic idea of rewiring my doorbell to a strobe light and powerful speaker system.

This first 'haunt' was such a huge success that I quickly found myself in a cycle of escalation, constantly needing to raise the bar and do something bigger/better than the previous years.

Over the past year I have been closely working with Jerry Jewell (Scary Jerry) and Mike Fox of SkullTroniX developing a number of groundbreaking haunt control products, last year we released the Exorcist Haunt Control system and VSA sequencer software, and this year Ive developed MoCap, an affordable optical motion capture system that enables performers to remotely control servo controlled props simply by acting in front of a camera and or recording their performance for routine playback.

This year I'm very much looking forward to coming over to Las Vegas, helping demonstrate these products at Transworld, and going to be especially interested in meeting with the people who run these great haunted attractions to better understand their needs for automation and control systems, as I feel there is a lot of room for improvement over whats currently available on the market.

Comment

• Hello Everybody! Howdy! I'm back again!!!

Some of you probably remmy me from last year or so... Sorry, I've forgotten about this HW forum for a pretty long time... so here I am!!!

Comment

• http://www.ultimatenightmares.com/joeyclownbw.jpg

Here is an easy guide to your names.

Also, I do remember Larry kicking you off for racism and other activities on here in blatant violation of most everything in sight.
                          Last edited by Nightmaretony; 02-24-2008, 10:40 AM.
                          The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

• No, I don't really remember of it. If that was long time ago, then forget it. I don't remember everything. :lol:

Comment

• What ever happened to Jolly Roger???

Originally posted by Nightmaretony View Post
                              http://www.ultimatenightmares.com/joeyclownbw.jpg

Here is an easy guide to your names.

I don't seem to remember, but add Reaper08 to list!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GraveStalker View Post
                                I don't seem to remember, but add Reaper08 to list!!!
                                You're crazy ass!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X