Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone im New Here Im A Huge Fan Of The industry just thought I would join up to look at new Haunt's And To see People's own Creation's So Far I must say I like these forum's even though there is not a lot of talk goes on around here judging by the forum's. But anyway thank's Again

Comment

• It's off season right now. Things are starting to pick up a lot lately due to convention season coming up.

Welcome!
      Tanner Phillips
      Mastermind
      The Darkest Hour
      http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

• Thank You Very Much.

Comment

• Oops.. I guess I never officially introduced myself. Real name is John and I'm an actor at my local haunt in SE Minnesota. Due to smaller space, we utilize that space by creating skits to our scenes. Example: I run the cannibal butcher area. Small room, not a maze though. Approx 15 people a can fit into that room and will remain in that room for about 3-4 mins. During that time, I get to interact with the crowd more; cutting through them to get to the scared patrons. This is also a guided tour than a typical go through on your own. 4th year and loving it.

Comment

• saying hello

Hi, my name is Tess. Brand new to the forums...been in the industry for the past 13 years with House of shock both acting and making costumes. Going to ge a vendor at transworld this year. Very excited about that as it will also be my first time attending.

Comment

• Welcome, Tess!
              Tanner Phillips
              Mastermind
              The Darkest Hour

Comment

• Name: Jack Beckwith
                Character: Testing the waters!
                Haunt: 1st year...still working on name
                Company: Celebration Tents & Amusements

I am new to the professional haunt scene, but long time home Halloween haunter and partier. I have owned and operated an amusement rental company in Southern Maryland since 2004. I am also a full time firefighter (17 yrs). I have an over active imagination and the abilities to turn ideas into reality. Every year Halloween comes around I get more and more excited spending more and more money on haunted items.

I was recently approached to take over a farm that has a corn maze on it and a one year old haunt under its belt. The people that were operating the haunted trail last year left on VERY BAD terms, with the property owners approaching me. My goal is to attend the HAA convention in St. Louis and attend as many seminars and meet as many people as possible to make sure I am educated in this business. I posted on the SEMINAR Thread my list of seminars that I am attending (so any recommendations will be greatly appreciated). I will be actively watching and following this forum site several times a week to stay up to date as much as possible on the inner workings of this community of haunters. Thank you in advance for your patience to a new comer and I look forward to collaborating with you all.

JB

Comment

• Lucky.

I wish someone would hand me a haunt and say here you go. You're way ahead of the curve, you were able to bypass a lot of the hard parts of starting a haunt. Congrats! Don't screw it up.

Go to the convention, this is a great Idea, and I also highly recommend you read: "So You Want to Be a Haunt Entrepreneur" by: Kelly Allen. It's pretty much required reading for anyone wanting to get into the haunt industry.

Good luck!
                  Tanner Phillips
                  Mastermind
                  The Darkest Hour

Comment

• slipknot

Hi everyone
                    Ive been checking out the site for last 6 months decided to introduce and get involved. We have been running a 3000 sq ft charity haunt in southern california for last 5 years and would like to take it to the next level and really make it professional. In process of planning and getting set up the right way. Attended Transworld two years ago will be there again in a few weeks. Great info at these shows learned alot we do wrong and alot we do right it been great learning from all of you. Met some great contacts over the last year and we are working with them now Ghost Ride, Unit 70, Scarefactory. Great people giving us lots of help. See everyone at Transworld.

Greg

Fear Addiction Haunted House

Comment

• Guess I need to introduce myself. I'm Hacksaw. Originally "Bonesaw" but after seeing Macho Man Randy Savage play Bonesaw on Spiderman, I just threw my hands up and said "Well there goes that.." lol. I can't top the Macho Man.

We're currently building our first full fledge mobile attraction. Mainly started for Charity Work, but also plan to take this thing to fairs and such as well... if we can get involved with them.

Building it into tractor trailer rigs in 48' lengths. We will most likely start out with 2, so we can keep it small and park it at a major outlet like a Target or Kmart.

Due to some real shady characters in this industry, mainly locally, we are keeping details such as our location under wraps until we unveil it. We have a haunt local here that, the more I learn about them, the worse I feel about them. They apparently like to steal ideas, sabotage other haunts if they can etc.

Looking forward to all the new things being built this year!

Comment

• a different kind of Haunter

Hey Haunters,

I have been a long time reader and contributor to this forum, but just recently did some background work on how I wanted to contribute to the haunt industry. My name is Austin, and I am the co-founder of Specter Media. Not very long ago, I noticed that although haunters get so much done the right way (the props, the music, the scares, the laughs, the fun); however, there are still points in the market that still have gone untapped in how to reach out to make your home haunt (or prop haunt) well known in the local area. We're really excited to begin studying the market as my colleague and myself are both dedicated economists with a core interest in behavioral markets especially in the niche market of the Haunted House industry. I hope you all don't mind, but I have TONS of questions for you, your experience, your expertise, and your thoughts as we begin our study of how to help haunters grow their presence and even further the ability of taking your home haunt to the next level! Cheers, Haunters! Glad to be here.
                        Austin Smoot, Specter Media
                        www.SpecterMedia.biz
                        contact@specterenterprises.com

Comment

• Hello,

My name is Mykie Guess from Terre Haute,IN. We have taken the past 2 years off of the haunt industry, 2 year ago we sold "everything" to another haunt in a city about 25 miles away, 2016 we are starting Fresh and brand new at Nightmare On Ash Street in Terre Haute,IN

Comment

• Bob is here

Mike aka Hobo Bob 29 from Appleton, WI. I've been in the industry for 20 years now started out as an actor for a hay ride then just moved up the acting ladder. Now I act, do artwork, build, make-up, fx, mask alterations/making, and I'm learning to make full on Hollywood style costumes. Looking to open my own haunt someday possibly with the help of some of my fellow actors at our current/former haunt. So I am looking for advise if anyone is willing to offer it.

Comment

• Future Haunt Owner

Greetings all. MY name is Jason Kittrell. I live in Hendersonville, TN and have been working in the haunt biz for about 10 years now. Like a lot of people, I started out doing some home haunting projects as I grew up, and then when I was able to, I started working for a local haunted house called Monster Mountain (http://monstermountain.net). I initially was an actor in the haunt, then after a couple of years was promoted to queue line entertainment, as the character i developed started becoming a fan favorite. But soon I found myself wanting to get into the creative & business side. So soon I was helping design scenes and the overall story line, and I loved every minute of me.

In 2014, a friend of mine opened his own haunt called Death Yard Haunt (http://deathyardhaunt.com) . The haunt was only a mile from my house and since my fiance was expecting our first child, I decided to join him in his adventure. He brought me in as the tech director, but also put me on the creative staff. Was really interesting seeing how hard it is to start up a haunt, rather than having an established haunt with loads of customers to work with. Opportunities taken....opportunities missed...it was very "eye opening".

Now with the 2015 season ending, I find myself trying to decide my next steps. I have a 10 year plan to open my own haunted house, and want to get as much experience and background as I can. Glad to be a part of this community, and will gladly take any and all advice! Hope to make many new acquaintances while i am here.
                              Check out one of the best haunted houses in Nashville
                              DEATH YARD HAUNTED ATTRACTION
                              http://deathyardhaunt.com
                              http://nashvillesbesthaunt.com

Comment

• Greetings!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jeremy Indick. I'm from Syracuse, NY, and have been a fan of Halloween and haunted houses my entire life. I've been an avid home haunter since I was a child, and am looking to move in a direction where I can have a professional public haunt. I'm also a huge fan of amusement park dark rides and fun houses. I joined this forum to network and gain ideas for future projects. Currently I'm interested in finding older photos/videos of haunted attractions and home haunts that existed way back in the day, basically because I remember that time being awesome, 30-40+ years ago. I look forward to using this forum, cheers!

p.s. I have plenty of old photos/video of home haunts I did going back almost twenty years, and I would love to share them with others!
                                Last edited by Jeremy Joseph Indick; 01-13-2016, 10:12 AM.
                                -Jeremy

Comment

Working...
                                X