This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone,

My name is Kevin Okada. I started out when I was a little boy decorating my mom's house every year for Halloween. I'd always have a fascination with Halloween. Then in 2003, I decided to start making small haunted houses for my local college called The Fear Experience. Then in 2009, a famous local promoter got in touch with me asking me to take over and produce their yearly haunted house called Shock House. That was my first pro haunt. It did so well that I decided to make my own haunted house called Nightmares Live Haunted Attraction. I launched Nightmares Live in October 2010 bringing in a lot of happy customers.

I really love making Haunted Houses and plan to keep making them for years and years and years to come.

Kevin Okada
    Nightmares Live Haunted Attraction
    www.HauntedHouseHawaii.com
    www.OkadaEntertainment.com
    Last edited by Spookyant; 12-20-2010, 05:44 PM.
    www.nightmareslive.com

Comment

• Hello from Escape

Hello, my name is Joshua Ellis. I am from Louisiana. I am in charge of the marketing, PR, and advertising for a new haunted house in the northern part of Louisiana. The house is called ESCAPE! It is an asylum theme with full of surprises and entertainment. We also work with the community to provide acting lessons for individuals and a chance for a haunted play.

Comment

• welcome

Nice I detect the theme is to go where no one has gone before

Comment

• Hello Gang

I have been meaning to join for years and finally did this year in January.. Can anyone tell how you get senior status?
          http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
          sigpic
          "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

• hopeful creature engineer

Hi Everyone,

I've read a bunch on the various forums but this is my first post.

My background in computer engineering brought me to my current position in robotics research and development for the US Army. The technology is neat, but the environment is oppressively bureaucratic and soul-killing. The slowly-developed and researchy bots aren't exactly my cup of tea, either (probably adds to that drab feeling). I'm 27 now, and at about 24, I decided to strike out on my own, pairing robotics know-how with my interest in horror and science fiction creatures. I've been building monsters and animatronic technology in my off-hours since then, and hope to do it full-time and for the rest of my life. I haven't made that leap yet, but at this point most of the groundwork is laid. I can't wait until it's at a point where I can talk it up!

Until then, I'll be getting involved with the community that's been established here. The prospect of entrepreneurship has been scaring the crap out of me (I'm sure many here can relate), so I'm here to learn more about the industry I'm getting myself into by hearing what you all have to say about it. I will also contribute wherever I can; probably in the technical discussions.

- Derek

Comment

• Hello all, my name is Brandon Snow (hence the handle) and I have been lurking these forums for a solid couple years. Never joined, never posted, but I figured I should probably get on that.

I am close to graduating at the University of Houston with a double major in General Business & Marketing, and I hope to put those into use when I open my first haunt. My Halloween obsession has been growing since I was kid as I have (against my dads wishes) decked out our home and made it to be one of the most well known haunted yards in the city. Now that I have my own home and my own space, I have amped up the production value and I have visitors from all over the city come to look at my display.

Naturally what I really want to do is start a HH relatively locally, I have been working out a detailed business plan and I hope to launch in 2011, it really depends on my financial situation.

Hope I can make some solid forum contributions!!

Oh and before someone recommends it to me, I have already read Kelly Allens book. It is fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by sn0w View Post
                Hello all, my name is Brandon Snow (hence the handle) and I have been lurking these forums for a solid couple years. Never joined, never posted, but I figured I should probably get on that.

I am close to graduating at the University of Houston with a double major in General Business & Marketing, and I hope to put those into use when I open my first haunt. My Halloween obsession has been growing since I was kid as I have (against my dads wishes) decked out our home and made it to be one of the most well known haunted yards in the city. Now that I have my own home and my own space, I have amped up the production value and I have visitors from all over the city come to look at my display.

Naturally what I really want to do is start a HH relatively locally, I have been working out a detailed business plan and I hope to launch in 2011, it really depends on my financial situation.

Hope I can make some solid forum contributions!!

Oh and before someone recommends it to me, I have already read Kelly Allens book. It is fantastic.
                I have been looking for that book for months now and cant seem to find it. where did you get it?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by halloweenroom View Post
                  I have been looking for that book for months now and cant seem to find it. where did you get it?
                  www.HauntBook.com go to the products page. Its called "So You Want To Be A Haunt Entrepreneur"

Comment

• Originally posted by sn0w View Post
                    www.HauntBook.com go to the products page. Its called "So You Want To Be A Haunt Entrepreneur"
                    Thanks, after i posted this i found the link on another thread. Its on order, I didnt pull the trigger on the video, anyone know if its worth it?
                    sigpic

Comment

• introducing myself

Name: Sean Bruce
                      Nickname:BruceJuice(don't ask)
                      Passion: Haunting in general

I've been a member for a lil while now and enjoy listening to the senior members and other haunters post their thoughts, ideas and general excitement about the haunting industry. It is my biggest wish and hope that one day I too will be able to own and operate my own haunt. I love the fact that others share the same passions as myself and that everyone here seems to want to help others succeed and share knowledge. I look foward to the day when I too can post pictures and updates on my own haunt to share with everyone as well as help younger start ups like myself.

I hope to soak up as much knowledge as I can from experienced haunters in order to better myself and reach my goals. So if any of you have advice chat me up.

Thank you all and best of luck to everyone else who shares the same dreams as I do of owning a haunt. I hope everyone succeeds. ~Sean~

"The future belongs to those who have a vision of their dreams."
                      Last edited by brucejuice39; 07-05-2010, 08:08 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

• Name: Erick James Gyrion
                        Nickname: Princess
                        Occupationirector of Technical Theatre / Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                        Passion: Haunting / Theatre

I have been a member for a while, just never posted an introduction!
                        I have been haunting for a number of years, having done work for Terror on the Fox, The Burial Chamber and Shawano Manor/Green Bay Fear. This year, I am taking the leap and opening my own event, Oblivion Haunted House.

Watch our progress as we post on the fright forum.

Nice to meet all of you and thanks for the warm welcomes and kind words of encouragement!

-Erick
                        "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                        Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                        Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

• Name: Dave Shonk
                          Where: Stow, Oh
                          Occupation: Art student at the University of Akron/ bus tables at Applebees
                          Passion: Haunted houses and painting
                          Hey everyone! I'm a long time lurker. I've been home haunting for past 6 years.
                          This year I am opening my first attraction on the Rufener Hilltop Farms in Mogadore,Oh.
                          I love the board. It's full of great info and people. Really helped me push the envelope.
                          I will soon be posting a build thread ont the haunt I am building.
                          Nice to meet you all

-Dave

Comment

• Name: Joe Park
                            Nickname:CorpseGuy - ( Given to me by a london Radio Presenter in 1999 )
                            Occupation:Professional Costume and prop maker and concept haunt design
                            Passion: Cookies

Based in the UK, Our idea of halloween is slaughtering a Goat.
                            I custom make costumes from fabric to foam, rubbers and plastics as well as props and displays.
                            Currently am working on several Haunted projetcs for various companies.

Am looking forward to chatting with some of you!
                            http://www.wix.com/Retrovertigojo/Portfolio

Comment

• Look!
                              Up in the sky!
                              It's a bird!
                              It's a plane!
                              It's... OH MY GOD! IT'S RAINING ZOMBIE CORPSEZ!!!
                              RUNNNN FORRRRR YOURRRRR LIFFFFFFFE!!! YEAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Hello, my name is Rob and I am a zombie addict.

If it weren't for this support group I don't know where I'd be right now... maybe out coping a chineese zombie corpse off some street corner, or main lining some walmart fog juice... who knows!? But now I have you. And you have me. So.... GROUP HUG!

Well, long time lurker, and after a weird hitch, now registered (Thanks Larry!) fiend! I'll just cut out the mushy crap and cut right to the bone and say these forums and it's contributors are frickin awesome. So much so, you managed to bring an old zombie back to life!

I did a 3 year haunt for our local city rec in the (at that time) empty city police/jail building, back in the 90's. Wow, that was a sweet, sweet deal, but they ended up expanding the fire department into it and I had to pack up my toys and go home. boo.

Years passed, but not my love of halloween, so today I'm happy to say I'm getting back in! Unfortunately for me, starting my plans 11 months in advance wasn't enough to make the 2010 season, but it's on like donkey kong for 2011! You won't be able to see me until first quarter 2011 when Zombietoxin.com comes online, but I'll be here asking silly questions, showing my paultry skills and peeping your ideas (ceilingzombie is watching you creatify!) until then.

In all seriousness though, I am completely blown away by some of the private/amateur creativity I've seen here. And the pro's here (you know who you are!) show a personal interest that you don't find in many industries. I've been buying your stuff and listening to your advise...

Oh and for the curious- Class of '85 here, and I'm in Kansas- The Wheat State! And we have lots of it too! I'm talking shitloads! You know that baloney sandwich you're eating? I probably wizzed on the plant that made that wheat in your bread, personally. Yeah... it's a lot... And now there is +1 Zombie and counting....:twisted:
                              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

• Hey everyone: I've been reading the forums for a while, but only somewhat recently signed up (What was I waiting for, right?)

By day I'm a haunt vendor (online ticketing)... but at night I morph into FROG ZOMBIE (haunt fan). I work with a ton of haunts and it's super fun - each haunt is unique, so I love hearing about what they're working on, a sweet new prop, new room themes, etc. (my current favorite prop are those inflatable airbags that you walk through - they mess with my head!)

I visit as many haunts as I can (so the conventions are great for that) - but I keep toying with the idea of renting an RV and doing a haunt tour (I know that's not a new idea, but it would be a killer trip).

And that's my story! Best, - Lee
                                sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

Working...
                                X