This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Kallie!

Last summer I had a group of 15 carnival workers come through my house and quite a few of them were from South Africa!
    My wife, Jessica pulled out her Afrikaans Language book and amused them with her linuistic attempts to communicate with them.
    I was listening to them and understanding very little but they sure were talking alot!
    (I have a very unusual house and house tour)
    You can get a peak at : hauntedravensgrin.com
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• My name is Rick Herbert our Haunt is called Eaton's Orchard Haunted Trail. It is located in Spiceland Indiana. Hi all I am new to the haunt scene. My best Friend recently inherited an apple orchard that had not been worked in about 7 years and I suggested, to get it going again that he have a haunted trail. That was August 2008 by October we had constructed several pneumatic items ran electric and air lines underground over about 5 acres. Built a 8'X 8' X 27' tall control tower which over looks most of the trail. We advertised in the paper and on the radio. This is a small town 807 people, 48,508 in the entire county. We ran every weekend in October and had over 1000 people attend. We used all volunteer haunters, the only pay they received was in the form of food. We learned alot real quick. We felt that for the first year we did really well. This year we hope to at least triple our attendance. We are planning on adding a Vortex tunnel and a spot room this year along with a couple of other scenes. We (the 6 main players) plan on attending TransWorld in St. Louis and Midwest Haunters Convention in Columbus. I just discovered this site and think it will be very helpful.

Comment

• Hello everybody,

Name: Neal
        From Lock Haven, PA

I just joined this fourm. I do not own a Haunt, but I do help some friends who own a Haunted House. I was never into the scary stuff, but like to build things. I visited the Hauntworld expo in Vegas last year and though holly crap this is some crazy stuff and I fit right in. Now I am really into it, sometimes my ideas may be a little extreme thats just how I am. Loud &twisted for ever!!

Comment

• Loud & Twisted, so..

You didn't arrive here to be straightened out or get a hearing aid?
          I had several relatives on my Mother's side of the family that talked SO Loud! They would get excited talking to each other and you could hear every word from a block away!
          You like to build strange stuff, see my house, I built the vast majority of it from mostly my own ideas too.
          hauntedravensgrin.com
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
            You didn't arrive here to be straightened out or get a hearing aid?
            I had several relatives on my Mother's side of the family that talked SO Loud! They would get excited talking to each other and you could hear every word from a block away!
            You like to build strange stuff, see my house, I built the vast majority of it from mostly my own ideas too.
            hauntedravensgrin.com
            Thanks for the reply. I like the way you think! Some pretty cool stuff you have built. I don not need a hearing aid yet and as for being straightened out my wife has been trying for years. As for my user name, I build loud audio systems 140db+. After my friends (SpookHaven) got me involved in their haunt I figured why not. You always need background noise in a haunted house. Then one thing led to another and I built some serious air cannons (noise and impact) some serious air. After finding them to be a good scare, I am continueing on and building larger scare devices. I look foward to dicussing different things to help other sadvance their Haunts.

Comment

• Stacker or Steve. It's all the same.
              I live in Gettysburg, Pa.
              First year haunter at The Haunted Mill in Spring Grove, Pa. Ended up creating a charachter they dubbed the "Pig Man" using a band replica mask of Mushroomhead. I'm working on a new sculpt to further the charachter to something more of my own making. What it comes down to is a butcher wearing a butchered pig head and bloody as all hell. I had no problems getting screams and asked to take part in alot of photos.
              I'm totally hooked and plan on doing it again this year.

I also start doing some FX and mask making for a hobby. It's doing pretty well

Have a blessed one!

Hope to meet some people in Valley Forge at the Haunters Convention
              StackerSteve
              LoT 27
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

• Hey guys just wanted to say hi and a bit about myself. My name is Nick Smith and im a 23 year old college student in Bakersfield CA. I got hooked this year with the haunting bug after acting in a local haunt "The Chamber" after the season ended i offered to help next season and boy..... did i get more then i was expecting out of that lol. Im now in charge of some of our marketing efforts for the upcoming season as well as some of our actors (organizing, finding and training the new guys) as well as completely handling our efforts to do a small maze at the county fair which would add weeks to our season and contact with nearly a half million possible customers that attend the fair yearly. I find myself being much more then an actor for this coming season so I love reading what all of you guys and gals have posted and would love to learn as much about both the acting and management side as possible. Man i tell ya after the first great scare on opening night i was sold hook line and sinker lol. \

Happy Haunting
                Nick

"The Chamber"
                Bakersfield CA
                Actor (+)
                Holy crap scaring people is fun!!!

Comment

• Hey everyone, this is my first post! Im looking forward to being part of the HauntWorld community. Im glad that I found a place full of people that think just like me!
                  I am the founder of Meyer Point Manor, which is a non-profit haunt.
                  Looking forward to sharing ideas with everyone!
                  -Brad

Comment

• Howdy ya all

Hey ya all,
                    I'm will from colorado. This is an awesome forum. I haved loved halloween ever since I was a small boy. My haunt is located in Boulder,Colorado. It's just a small yard haunt. My goal with in the next five years is to open a proffestional one at a big wearhouse or something. I look forward to talking with ya all and yep.

Rock On Halloween Hommies-

Comment

• my introduction post, Hello everyone!!

Hi everyone.
                      My name is Dave, i am 38, and I am from Columbus, Nebraska. I am one of a few home haunters here in a town of 20,000 that draw in a steady line of kids and adults who want to get scared and get some candy with out having to pay an admission. I build my own props (static, electric, and phneumatic) Around six years ago is when i stayed home and dressed in a grim reaper costume to hand out candy and scare whom ever came to the door. Maybe 20 kids came by, a little disappointing. So I started to build. Each year adding more and more, and getting more friends and family to help on halloween night. This last season, (2008) with the help of word of mouth, and being located close to two busy streets, I would have to say I had nearly 200 people scream there way through my front and back yard before exiting toward my neighbors house.
                      There is nothing more precious than the sound of that five year old girl screaming at the top of her lungs "i want to go home, i want to go home" as her parent carries her toward the end. it just make me feel all warm inside knowing that we have done a good job. Some people said that my yard scared them more than the Jaycee's production did, and they did not even have to pay to go to mine.
                      So if you have read this far, you can tell that I think halloween is the best holiday of the year. I wish i would win the lottery so i could buy a place and work on props and sets year round.
                      I am looking forward toward this years haunt show in St. Louis and meeting others in the industry. I am going to the darkness's light on and full production too. drop me a line if you want to chat.

Comment

• Hello everyone!!! My name is Joseph Naber. I'm 44 and I do a home haunt. I have been doing it for some years now. I love to hear people scream. Some day i would like to go pro . I live in Henrietta ny. I have been working a Nightmare Manor the last couple of years to get an inside look to the business. Someday my dream will come but until then i keep having fun with my little haunt.
                        In Darkness they hunt the living
                        http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Comment

• Hello,

Name: Kori
                          Age 23

I joined this industry working volunteer for a haunt out of pontiac michigan and now plan helping full time with my fiancees haunt hes is a coowner to a haunt out of Davison Michigan. My nickname is structured around the haunt persona I'm going for this year. Can't wait to get more aquainted with all of ya
                          ________
                          Lincoln L-head V12 engine picture
                          Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011, 05:51 PM.
                          www.thedeadland.com

House Of 1000 Corpses (Baby)
                          "These are all my dolls. I used to like to chop their heads off and their arms and stick 'em up on the wall."

House on Haunted Hill 1959
                          Frederick Loren: Mr. Pritchard here promises us genuine ghosts.
                          Watson Pritchard: 7 now. Maybe more before morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by DollFacexHorror View Post
                            Hello,

Name: Kori
                            Age 23

I joined this industry working volunteer for a haunt out of pontiac michigan and now plan helping full time with my fiancees haunt hes is a coowner to a haunt out of Davison Michigan. My nickname is structured around the haunt persona I'm going for this year. Can't wait to get more aquainted with all of ya
                            Hey I know you. Lindsay is on here too once in awhile.
                            Jared Layman

Comment

• Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                              Hey I know you. Lindsay is on here too once in awhile.
                              Whats lindseys name on here?
                              ________
                              vapor genie review
                              Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011, 05:51 PM.
                              www.thedeadland.com

House Of 1000 Corpses (Baby)
                              "These are all my dolls. I used to like to chop their heads off and their arms and stick 'em up on the wall."

House on Haunted Hill 1959
                              Frederick Loren: Mr. Pritchard here promises us genuine ghosts.
                              Watson Pritchard: 7 now. Maybe more before morning.

Comment

• Its mrs_boo. I am surprised she didn't pick dancing fairy dust or something but she choose mrs_boo.
                                Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                                X