X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waken Productions

Name: Steve VunCannon

Waken has spawned from Keystone Design. Keystone designs machines that handle everything from test tubes to automobile seats. We know how things work, we also know how to make things work that hold up under extreme stress.

Times are tough here in Michigan. My love for all things halloween inspired us to pursue different markets. We contacted a great haunted house (IMHO VERY underrated), Night Stalkers in Millington Mi. They showed us around and also gave us great advice. We haven't looked back since. We are full bore, 2 guns blazing, producing small and customizable animatronics for the big show in March.

I look forward to talking and working with all of you.

"This way to the Egress"
    Last edited by Waken; 11-28-2008, 02:12 PM.
    Steve

Waken Productions
    www.wakenproductions.com
    http://wakenproductions.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Hello fellow haunters!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. :grin: I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing some haunting information.

My name is Bobby, and I'm from Dumont, Vermont near Lowell Cemetery. I work as the night watchman at the cemetery, I thought it was very cool to walk around the graveyard and check to see if everything goes okay. I have to keep looking around to make sure no zombies are coming to get me! lol

So, let's hear from y'all!
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• So Bobby,

You don't like Zombies?
        How about some of those Zombie Women though!?
        (no I'm not one of them, neither zombie or female!)
        Although I went to high school with many zombies back in the 1960's
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• LOL YES! I've seen a zombie sexy girl before - and here's a pic of her!!

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
          You don't like Zombies?
          How about some of those Zombie Women though!?
          (no I'm not one of them, neither zombie or female!)
          Although I went to high school with many zombies back in the 1960's
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• You're kidding? Night watchman at a cemetery?

Reminds me of one of those Candid Camera shows where they stationed a night watchman at a construction site, telling him they had to stop because they uncovered an old cemetary. During the night, he began to hear moans and the lids on coffins started popping open.

Comment

• Yes, seriously. I'm a night watchman at the cemetery from 12 am - 8 am everynight. Usually 1-2 days off.
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• New B

Well my name is Charles Nay,,,,Originally from Fraser, Mich...just miles from the guy from Warren..I now live in Toledo, Ohio...I'm 32 now, but when i was younger i used to work the Jaycees haunts around the Detroit area. For the last 8 years ive owned a Tattoo and Body Piercing Studio in Toledo..My other home is Panama City beach Florida and this is where i plan to break my cherry in the Haunt Business. Bringing another facet to my portfolio in the business community. Once Detroit was only Jaycees Haunted Houses, the market now allows for Professional Haunts to not only out do the Basic Haunt but also to be a profitable business. Ive actually used this site to my advantage when prepping the legal aspects of the business not we are beging to build the haunt...im very excited and looking forward to talking with some of you in the future..please feel free to email me at cbnay@hotmail.com if you want to chat or simply kick me down some more info....
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• You Guys Friggin Kidding Me?!?!?!

Serisously I'm the youngest member here!
                  Haunt: Still in the works

My name is Vincent Marchese. I'm, as of now, a full time student at CSUSB. In all of my spare time I'm either working on my house, or working on this business. I've got all my ideas in order, all the research I can do. The problem is money. I have no official job experience and this business degree is gonna take me 3 more years. I want to be in this business. With every bit of me I want to part of it and want to contribute all of my original(hopefully ideas to this industry. And hey anyone want to just talk to me send me a friggen message. I'm 18 so I know how to retrieve my messages.
                  Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

• Vincent, there are people as young as 14 on this board that I know of, maybe even younger that are lurkers....

Welcome!

Darkangel

Comment

• Hey Ya'll! It's missjayne from Netherworld.. (I was on here under the name 'missjayne' years ago)
                      missjayne
                      Netherworld Haunted Attractions
                      http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

• Sorry Vincent, I beat you in being the youngest.
                        Name: Jon-Kyle Bailey
                        Birthday: March 26

About Me:
                        I believe I have what it takes to become a true hunter. Someone (I think Mark Twain) once said, "I can't tell you if you are a writer. If you wake up one morning and all you think about is writing, then you are a writer." Me, well, I woke up one morning to discover, I freakin' love haunts! Honestly, I have never went to a single haunted house, let alone work for one. I was always too scared when I was younger. Honestly, I can't believe how naive I was just four years ago. Little things would scare the crap out of me. Up until I was 9, Goosebumps would scare me. :? But I can handle so much more now (yes; I changed a lot in just 4 years). Now, I crave fear. I can't get enough of it. Whether I'm getting scared or doing the scaring, I LOVE IT!
                        Now, all I think about is haunted houses. I am constantly thinking about scare acting, haunt characters, haunt safety, make up, room templates, scare tactics, and haunt themes.....just to name a few.

I joined this community to help build the industry for when my time comes to create my own haunt. I wish the time was the 'o9 season, but I doubt it will happen that early. I have a mere $300 to my name. Anyway, I hope I will be welcomed to this community and I hope I will help contribute to it.
                        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

• Greetings...

I'm Matthew Pronger. I'm 33 and I live in a suburb of Chicago. I've been organized (and I use that term loosely) haunting for 9 years but I've been doing my best to scare people my whole life, Halloween or not. I've been doing makeup 28 of my 33 years... I started with ketchup. I attended and graduated from Joe Blasco MCE 94-96 with specialties in prosthetics and animatromics and I'm currently the Head of Makeup at Dream Reaper's Haunted House in Melrose Park where I've haunted since 03.

For those of you who didn't make it to MHC 08' or didn't pay attention to the chaos on these very message boards that followed, Sheldon P. Bitchmagnet is one of my several alter-egos. A wheelchair cruising, bloody booger picking deviant, he has a fondness for white clothing and soft fur and made an "unwelcome" appearance at last years Zombie Walk. Crushorn, whose photos were posted on here earlier this year is the rogue leader of Hell's numerous hatchetmen. Thousands of years of pain, anguish and hate drive Crushorn to perform the most cruel and sometimes inappropriate actions.... that and the love of his job. Other characters include Yaya, Porta Johnny, Buster Butthymen and Lashawnda.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing you all at Transworld, HauntCon and last but certainly the crown jewel of my haunt convention year, MHC.

See you soon!

Associated Sites: www.myspace.com/crushorn
                          [url]www.facebook.com (Matthew Pronger)
                          www.Hauntmakeup.com (under const.)
                          Last edited by SHELDON; 12-28-2008, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Stephan Orovich
                            Haunts: Screamwalk, Haunted Overload
                            Number of Years Haunting: This will be my second year
                            Character in Screamwalk: The Axe Murderer
                            Character at Haunted Overload: Wisp the Scarecrow

Comment

• Name: Jackie
                              AKA: OdetteDespairr/Justcallmelafeeverte
                              Age 20 (I turn 21 at MHC this year!)

Who: My name is Jackie, I work as a haunt actress and slowly am starting to work more and more with makeup, bodypainting and special effects. I am relatively new having only been in the business for 2 years, but love the industry more than anything.

How: After I graduated from high school I wanted somewhere to continue working in theatrics. So I did a web search and found a horror acting troupe called feature creatures, consisting of everyone from haunt owners, operators, set designers, makeup artists, special effects artists and actors….and well, I had found my place! After I attended my first meeting I became hooked on every aspect of the industry. I quickly became a permanent member of the group and started to learn as much as I could about everything from beginning makeup design to the best way to work a Q line. From going to conventions, to traveling as an actress during the fall, I make it my goal to live in the business as much as possible.

Where: My home haunt is Terror Park in Columbus Ohio, but I have also been blessed with the opportunity to travel during haunt season and guest act at some amazing haunts! Its so much fun to experience a new environment and new people and see the new things that people are constantly pulling out of the box!

What: As I stated I work mostly as an actress but have been dabbling more and more in makeup and body painting over the last year and a half. I really love creating concepts and designs to transfer to a living breathing canvas. I love making costumes and character creation. I think its so much fun to create a character and become someone or something else entirely!

Probably the most well known character I do is named Nip, Patient #6688. She is an insaniac, who tends to stay in dark places and come out to chase small screaming children, and large crying men. She rarely speaks but growls more often than not. She loves to chase cheerleaders and try to bite them. The general public, finding her both creepy and unsettling to be around, tends to avoid her. Whilst she tries to be as close as possible to them, often popping up at unexpected times. She frequently contorts herself into various, seemingly painful poses and hobbles about after victims who tend to be repulsed by her.

I also have been known to do a character named Axehandle Annie, who along with her Mama Kaffy and Pigpen Brothers, sings songs such as “Jimmy Cracked Corn” and “Theres a hold in my buckkit” as loud as possible while brandishing a large axe in a washroom. Men tend to be repulsed as her as she suggestively hits on them.

I also do more everyday characters such as Adis the Vampire Princess, Suzy-Q The Half Mad Bride, and Madonna-Marie Antoinette

I have been working more and more as a face and bodypainter though. And still love to make and create costumes.

Additional Info: Look For me soon on Rotting Flesh Radio, and you can contact me on myspace at www.myspace.com/flowerkitten2000 and on AOL through my Instant Messanger Flowerkitten2000

Hope to meet and hear from more of you soon!

OdetteDespairr

“Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”
                              “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

• Introduction :

Name : Kallie

Hi ghouls, zombies, skeletons, all scary ones out there, I feel I'm playing some dungeon and dragon game. I'm actually a clown / magic entertainer, but do haunted house setups for haunt parties, fete's etc.

Still trying to read the articles, to find out where to right or ask what. Gee... this thread is old, from 2007, wonder if all the guys & girls is still active on this forum, but I'll find out soon. This is a nice thread at least to get everyone involved and known.

I'll love to visit your country someday, to run from one scary house to the other!We do not have setup haunted places, houses etc. over here as the way you've got it over there. It's really unbelievable.

Well, got to check the threads out again, to find out where to go. . .
                                Kallie Kapriolle

Comment

Working...
                                X