• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toxic_manor100
    replied
    name : Joshua King
    where:Bolivar, Mo

hey guys and gals i have been a member of Hw for a few years i believe since 2008 so ruffly 4 years. i also own and run just a yard haunted house that happends too cost way way too much becuase i dont have very many resources and lots of knowlage on how too run one lol but now i have been doing this for almost 5 years so i am hoping too spend several more years on here so that i can get things started and hopefully i can open a commerical haunted house. i also just opened a makeup company for the special effects makeup that i do i have been doing this for just about 3 years. well good meeting all of you and have a frightful year.

Joshua King
    toxic manor haunted house

Leave a comment:

• HomeHauntaddict 311
    replied
    My name is Frank. I'm 30 year's old from Livingston, IL. It's about 25 minutes from St.Louis Mo. Edwardsville is my area. I run a home haunt called Lurking in the dark™ . I hope to one day either have my own pro haunt or work for a pro haunt doing builds,art acting whatever, just have my career be in the haunt business. I'm a Halloween freak and my year around hobby is working on things here and there for my home haunt. I look forward to getting to know all you wonderful likeminded people!

Leave a comment:

• Malleus Studios
    replied
    Howdy everyone,

I'm Cody and I've been working in the Haunt Industry as an actor, manager, set builder, costumer, you name it I've probably done it or at least attempted to do it. I've had the honor of guest acting for a night at Disturbia as well and I just have to say it was awesome, and that Shane has built an amazing place. I've also been fortunate enough to see The Darkness and Lemp as well. I'm working on starting up a small, low volume, high quality mask company aimed at serious actors and smaller and growing haunts that can't quite afford silicone or the more expensive masks from bigger companies, but still want quality masks in their show. I've been a "masked" actor for my entire career, so I know comfort, durability and detail are going to be the keys to get a good product out to the Haunters. Anyway, glad to be here and ready to learn everything I can from yall!

Leave a comment:

• Dave Gregan
    replied
    Searching for an old sideshow amusement attraction

Hi,
    My name is Dave, I am looking for an old amusement park sideshow attraction, I saw it when I was 14 which was 24 years ago in Dublin Ireland at the xmas indoor traveling amusement park. it was a man changing into a werewolf attraction which was absolutely brilliant, I have searched all over the internet for this attraction from what I can remember it was presented by a Dutch company as the people running it were all Dutch. I am looking for one as I would like to buy one, if anybody knows if this attraction or has any information it would be greatly appreciated, you can email me at Dave.Gregan37@gmail.com.

Cheers
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• Hallows Keep Creations
    replied
    Hello from The Keep

Hello, they call me the Sea Critter, I am the lead artist at hallowskeepcreations.com a full service prop creation company. I, along with my spouse who is also an award winning artist, and our business partner make up the Hallows Keep Creations Team. Our services include but are not limited to, professional: design, sculpting, mold making, painting, proto-typing, custom creations, and UV black light painting.

I have been working on haunts for over 30 years and been a professional special FX / MUFX artist for over 10 years. I have worked on many Oscar nominated films and Emmy award winning TV shows. We offer many Halloween products and movie props, currently heavy into nautical / pirate themes but we can create anything you like from simple props to advanced animatronics. Please check us out. Email us if you would like something custom created.

www.hallowskeepcreations.com

We have extensive photo galleries on our web site for you to enjoy. Here are a few of photos of our recent creations...

Zombie Mermaid sculpted in WED clay, molded, casted and painted. Latex with soft foam backing, about 6ft tall

Zombie life sized bust: Sculpted in WED, molded, casted and painted. Latex soft foam filled with attached hair:

Over 4ft long moray eel: sculpted in WED, molded, casted and painted. Latex and soft foam filled

Life sized mutant parasitic twin baby Quatoe movie replica prop latex soft foam filled prop / costume: sculpted, molded, casted, painted with attached hair:

Leave a comment:

• Dippy
    replied
    Hello boys and girls, Im dippy. Im just your average twisted carnival clown always up to know good .

But really name is Ken. I have been creeping this site for a while now and figured its time for me to start posting. This october will be my 6th year in the industry and im really looking forward to it.

Although im just an actor at the moment I am looking at possibly operating my own attraction in the next few years. But I am currently still the research steps right now so i'm hoping I can learn some things from this site and all you experts.

Some of the roles I have held.

2007 Corny Confusion Haunted corn maze - The Butcher
    2008 Ghost Lake (Conneaut Lake Park) - Preopening construction crew/ Clown Town Mayor (Team Leader)
    2009 Ghost Lake - Jeepers Creepers Corn Maze - Preopening construction crew / Various positions
    2010 The Asylum (Cedar Point) - Inmate
    2011 Ghoul Mansion (Sharon Pa) - Dippy the Clown

Leave a comment:

• The Terrifying Square
    replied
    terrifying!
    Last edited by The Terrifying Square; 06-30-2013, 05:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cliff
    replied
    Hey all

….haven’t posted on the forum yet thought this might be a good place to start. My name is Cliff Talley, Business teacher by day Haunt owner by night. We, meaning my boys, daughter and wife own Butchers Hollow, we are south of St Louse about an hour, just outside of Farmington. We are opening new Haunt in Cape this fall. So wish us well, it will be our first big indoor project.

Leave a comment:

• Cookie Crumbler
    replied
    Hey Hey! I'm a Cookie from Detroit! Been posting here for a while but never actually introduced myself! You haunters rule! So happy to be back!

Leave a comment:

• Haunt
    replied
    Hey Hey! I'm Richard and I'm from Tampa, FL. I don't own a Haunt but LOVE the industry. You Haunters are awesome! So glad to be able to post now!

Leave a comment:

• weird-fudge
    replied
    Name: Sharonda Fudge
    Where: Columbus, Oh / Minot, ND

I'm a fine art student finishing up my second degree in painting. I've always had a love of Halloween ever since I can remember. I've recently become a member of HAA and am looking forward to making connections with people who make this industry what it is, namely all of you!

Leave a comment:

• NateTheGreat
    replied
    Hello, this is Nathan Polanco. I am co-founder of Fear Overload Premier Haunted Houses located in Northern California; currently in San Leandro, CA (2012). With California regulations as strict as they are, I'd be happy to answer any regulations questions about fire codes, building codes, architecture plans, etc.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• DrDeath
    replied
    Originally posted by kjberg1 View Post
    Hello I'm Karl Berger. I have been involved in the haunt industry on and off since 1986. Have been worked at both charity and for profit houses. Currently I'm at Hangman's House of Horrors in Fort Worth, Texas. I have also recently started a production company.
    Hello Karl, I really like Hangman's. Been to it several times. I also buy most of my props from Magic's Etc. Would love some insite if you have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• DrDeath
    replied
    Greetings...

My name is Steve aka Dr Death. I am new to the haunt industry, but it has been apart of me for 35 years now. I now am trying to start my own with the collection of items I have. I will be trying to look for a building for the 2013 season. As of right now my home will just have to work. I look forward to learning from everyone and growing in the industry. Any tips and ideas please send them my way and are greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• CNY HAUNTER
    replied
    Hello from upstate NY

Hi im Josh Im 27 from upstate NY i have been working on a haunted Hayride that my family has run for our local zoo for the last 12 yrs. My older brother who ran the Hayride stepped down last yr. It is now my turn to take over. Halloween is my favorite holiday and tho our hayride has always been successfull (in 2 nights that we do it we average about 800 people a night) my brother never really got into making it better or stepping our game up so to speak. He would always take any idea i had and dumb it down and make it terrible in how it was made to work. So now this year with me at the helm we are going to be using foam latex appliances and making everything more realistic. Im going to be doing a wrong turn type scene texas chainsaw and we have a Jeepers Creepers scene in which my younger brother swings out and latches on to the hayride. We have done this scene for last 4 yrs and is our most popular. My question to everyone else on here who does the hayrides are what suggestions would you have for scenes? the hayride is short as it only last up to 10 mins because it is on a trail that is in the zoo. So we need our scenes to be very affective. Also this year we are making a haunt contract with our actors everything is volunteer at the zoo so as such when we do the hayride we have to many chiefs and not enough indians so to speak. We want all our people to be on board and not break character or disrupt other scenes (whether they be haunter or victim). Any thoughts and recomendations would be greatly appreciated guys gone over alot of threads on these boards before I joined and everyone here seems to have the same passion I do about halloween and the scares we can induce!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X