X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmer
    replied
    I haven't been on HW for a long time,but I've been doing all things haunt related for the past 13 years. I started at Verdun Manor with Lance Pope and now (somehow) I work full time with Allen Hopps, so I've had some good role models.
    Look forward to meeting new folks, and always expanding my haunted repertoire. -Farmer

Leave a comment:

• hacksaw the clown
    replied
    well hello miss katie

Leave a comment:

• Katie Mechenbier
    replied
    Hi, everyone! My name is Katie, and this year is my first real foot in the door towards making a career in the haunt industry. I'm working for the Scare-A-Torium here in central Ohio that's also run by some of the coordinators of MHC and the Feature Creatures haunt group. I'm learning so much and meeting such fantastic people!

I was trained as an actor in college, and I love to act, but over the years I've become more interested in makeup design, costume design and prop building, all of which I've gotten to explore while setting up the haunt. We open in two weeks and I could not be more excited to get started.

I'm looking forward to making connections here and learning from the best. Very happy to have found you guys.

Leave a comment:

• hacksaw the clown
    replied
    Hi there,im O.J. [no relation lol] im a tourguide/innkeeper at the Lizzie Borden B and B Museum in Fall River Ma.We do historical tours based on the murders that occured in the house in 1892.We function as a b and b also[im the cook too]its a small but fun operation.Im also putting together a paranormal tour that were going to start shortly.I also own/operate a small evil clown for hire business.I safely stalk peoples family and friends to scare them,deliver balloons,pumpkins,cotton candy etc,magic,entertain at parties,insult the guest of honor scare the guests and smash a pie in the face of the birthday boy or girl.Im huge horror movie movie and haunt fan,id love to start my own haunt at some point.If your ever in Fall River,come see me at The Borden House

Leave a comment:

• 3DTHaunt
    replied
    Nightmares in the North

My name is Tim Stover and I'm a Haunted Attraction Consultant and just got on board a new haunt in North Las Vegas! I've been haunting for 10 years and this haunt is using show controls animatronic/lighting system which allows for some cool automation and led lights! I'm hoping that brings some scene setting for scares to the next level! Here's the haunt page!

www.facebook.com/nightmaresinthenorth

Leave a comment:

• Alyson Feiser
    replied
    Hi Everyone!

Hey! I'm Alyson! I'm from Long Island, NY and I LOVE going to haunted houses and getting the crap scared out of me!!! I spend every weekend in Hauntober travelling to different haunted attractions. I'm hoping to meet some people who like to do this as well..as most of my friends are a bunch of wussies...

Leave a comment:

• jjfugler
    replied
    Hi...my name is

Janna from Louisiana. We are in our second year here and trying to get Home Haunts going in the area. We were members in Texas and now members here. I can't believe with all the creepy voodoo around this area there aren't any conventions or kick booty retail shops. Even Spirit is hard to find when the season rolls around. If anyone is interested in joining me to start a convention in this area or open a retail store I am all ears. My husband has over 17 years experience managing a retail sporting goods store with up to 20 employees. I do and have done payroll for a major corporation for the last several years. We love Halloween and we have proven experience behind us to manage a store.

Leave a comment:

• grimstitchfactory
    replied
    New to Haunt World Fright Forum and just want to say "Hi" and to introduce myself.

My name is Cameron and I'm from Burlington, Canada. I run the http://grimstitchfactory.com/
    I'm a OOAK mask maker who specializes in all-natural, handmade, hand sewn burlap OOAK scarecrow masks; very old school and with detail and paint work that is cinema quality. Having a background in special FX make-up and art (painting), I began the site earlier this year and have since built masks and weapon props for numerous haunters, many collectors, and films. My hope to do Haunt conventions in the US.

So if you have some time, feel free to look through my work.
    FACEBOOK: http://grimstitchfactory.com/
    MAKE-UP/Props WEBSITE: https://sites.google.com/site/cameronefx/

Thanks, and I hope you like my work.

Cameron

Leave a comment:

• Hauntguy311
    replied
    Another cool Halloween/Haunt forum. Love it! Hi, my name is Frank. I am 30 year's old. I live near Edwardsville,Illinois.
    I am a home haunter/halloweenaholic if you will. Every year on Halloween night i do a haunted yard. Walkthrough/display type thing. Nothing major but fun as hell! Look forward to talking shop with all of you.

Leave a comment:

• turkeycreaux
    replied
    Hey all,

I work for a group of Radio Stations in NE Wisconsin. Our stations are putting together a haunt for the community this year, and I've been tasked with making it work. Looking forward to sharing our progress and getting pointers from all you old hands!

TC

Leave a comment:

• O"terror
    replied
    Intro

I'm Shawn Herhusky, and I volunteer here: http://www.fieldofscreams.info/

Leave a comment:

• C&D_Haunts
    replied
    First Year Haunt for 2 Newbs

My partner and I are starting a brand new haunt this year, and this will be the first haunt that either of us has ran. We are going with a "Haunted Village" theme and will have three different attractions plus a "novelty". We will have a trail, a house, a chain-link fence maze, and a "zombie shoot". I am 27 and my partner is 60. My background is that I have attended more haunts than I can count, and I am in charge of designing the scares and making sure people are entertained, along with handling the finances of the haunt. My partner has over 20 years experience in running his own tradeshow business, and he will be in charge of physically building the haunt and marketing the haunt.

We have had a lot of fun so far in designing the haunt and selecting out themes and props. We even hired Leonard Pickel to come out for a day and talk to us. Our goal is to be the #1 haunt in the area, but not becoming a "Mega-Haunt". Our number one goal is to entertain people and keep them coming back every year and telling their friends about us.

We would love any advice that you experienced haunters have to offer.

Leave a comment:

• BrotherMysterio
    replied
    Originally posted by rfsystems View Post
    My name is Jo Foster. I've had many a different jobs in my life such as: a clown, magician, audio/video/lighting technician, carpenter, mechanic, IT manager and more. I used to setup, evaluate and design sound systems for churches, skating rinks and night clubs. I've also designed and installed a few video projection systems. I'm more than happy to help out anyone who might need some help in these areas.

Been haunting is some fashion since the mid 70's and have been with the same haunt now going on 10 years.
    Welcome aboard! Your expertise will be very useful and very valued here! Particularly if you have experience with the 70 Volt Sound System.

C.

Leave a comment:

• rfsystems
    replied
    RFsystems

My name is Jo Foster. I've had many a different jobs in my life such as: a clown, magician, audio/video/lighting technician, carpenter, mechanic, IT manager and more. I used to setup, evaluate and design sound systems for churches, skating rinks and night clubs. I've also designed and installed a few video projection systems. I'm more than happy to help out anyone who might need some help in these areas.

Been haunting is some fashion since the mid 70's and have been with the same haunt now going on 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• TheBrothersRich F/X
    replied
    hello

Just realized i didnt put this in the right spot.
    Hi all finally started a hauntworld account up.I think alot of you already know us but people who dont check out our website and facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrothersRichFX

http://thebrothersrichfx.com/

The Brothers Rich F/X is happy to present a variety of quality Props, Masks, Shirts, and our very own custom Blood Cannon. We also specialize in custom work for films, stage, and music videos. Professionally serving the F/X and Halloween Haunt Industry since 2005. Helping our client's dreams become a reality, The Brothers Rich F/X.

The Brothers Rich F/X can create the perfect piece for any purpose, including:

* Life Casting/ Pregnancy Casting
    * Latex, Silicone, Urethane Foam, Fiberglass Casting
    * Mold Making
    * Sculpting
    * Pneumatics
    * F/X Makeup
    * Custom Prosthetic
    * Haunted House Design & Construction
    * Make-up Classes
    * Lectures on FX, mold making, and casting
    * Restoration
    * Theatrical Dentures