X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke of Darkness
    replied
    Okay, I am finally getting around to doing this. A detailed explanation of how I got started in the haunt industry can be found elsewhere on these forums, so I will keep this to the basics.

I am an attorney who is trying to transition into full time dark entertainment -- which is my term for running haunted attractions, performing theatrical ghost hunts and seances, telling ghost stories, and most anything else that combines magic and things that go bump in the night.

I have been involved in the haunt industry for over 20 years now. While my greatest love is -- and always will be -- haunt acting, I have designed and built haunts, managed attractions for others, and run my own show. I have been involved in both charity and pro haunts.

I am a partner in the newly formed Lords of Chaos, LLC and we will be putting on our first haunt this year in the vicinity of Portland, Oregon.

My main haunt interest is using magical illusions in a haunt setting. My non-dark entertainment interest include backpacking, full contact fighting (MMA), writing ghost stories, keeping reptiles (who I really want to work into my shows), and coaching my son's wrestling team.

Always interested in talking haunts and brainstorming scary things.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Jolly Pumpkin
    replied
    Name: Noah Wullkotte
    In Haunt Business: 5 Years

Websites
    The Halloween Database
    http://www.halloweendatabase.com
    City Blood-Ohio Haunt Reviews
    http://www.ohioshaunted.com

My name is Noah Wullkotte and I have been in the haunt industry for 5 years now. I have always had a fascination for all that is scary and haunted since a young age. But I had to take that fascination a step further so I decided to create a website known as Cincinnati Haunt reviews. It would eventually become known as City Blood-Ohio Haunt Reviews (www.ohioshaunted.com). It includes reviews, news, info, pics, articles, haunt directory and much more on Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana haunts. It's the largest haunt review site on the internet today. Every year I visit and review 50 or more haunts and in a lifetime I have been to over 200. I've organized haunt media events, covered media events and hopefully one day I'll have my own convention centering around the Halloween and haunt industry. I've been quoted in HauntWorld Magazine's Top Haunts article and have been interviewed for the Middletown Journal here in Ohio.

Recently I have come out with a website called The Halloween Database (www.halloweendatabase.com). It's the internet's premier haunted directory that includes Halloween, horror, the paranormal, gothic industry, haunted attractions and so much more. So if you own a company that is related to Halloween or horror in anyway please feel free to add your listing today!!

Leave a comment:

• neffuri27
    replied
    My name is Kimberly Lynn Cole and my partner in crime and I

My name is Kimberly Lynn Cole and my partner in crime Leo Zemke and I Run SCREAM FARM here in the SCARY buckle on the bible belt in Jones,
    Alabama. We have one son Dylan Cole Zemke who is also an actor. I started out as a horror actress and Scream Queen in such
    films as Body Snatchers, Cremains, Search for the Beast (BIGFOOT TERROR) Horrortales .666, a cameo in Sea Creatures from Outerspace,
    Mark of the Astro-Zombies, Dead Clowns and Psycho Santa I and II.
    Its been a blast doing horror films and I worked for ten years at
    the Montgomery Zoo in Alabama bringing to life the character I created
    Mirricalla the Velvet, Vicious, Volumptious, Vampyress working hard
    doing sets for them, being the mistress of the Cemetary Scene and
    even doing their commercials but after reaching our goal of finally
    having Elephants at the Montgomery Zoo I decided it was time to
    move on to something else, I wanted to make money for Children's
    Charities. So we moved to the country got a house and 7 acres and
    SCREAM FARM was born. Halloween 2006 was our first official year
    open to the public we had done private parties for three years and
    after many setbacks we opened and turned a nice check over to
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, we are small but we have
    a BIG HEART and we are going to grow.

Our back story is inbred, cannibel, murdering ex carnival owning
    freaks that have escaped incarceration by hiding in an abandoned
    mine in Jones, Alabama.

I just wanted to say Hello to everyone and say any advice is
    gleefully accepted.
    Thanks
    Kimberly Lynn Cole Zemke and Leo Zemke and Dylan Cole Zemke

Leave a comment:

• Nightmaretony
    replied
    Coming in as well.

Tony, 43 years old. Owner of Nightmare Park, the world's longest non running haunted house. (running joke, haunter taking THE longest to get things going!)
    Presently owning Castle Dredd and presently picking up parts of the Haunted Vineyard to add to the show. Nightmare Park will be run on my farm in Southern California and feature multiple venues and a hayride.

Composer of the CD Dark Matter. Doing a movie soundtrack for a halloween movie called Horrorween.

Leave a comment:

• Gore Galore
    replied
    Introducing

Well,
    I guess I will throw into this too.
    My name is Kevin Alvey. Also commonly known as Mr. Gore.
    I have been in the haunting biz in excess of 25 years.
    I started out as the prop maker and then developed into operations, and assisting in running the show from beginning to end at a local haunt
    www.newburghhauntedhouse.com.
    9 years ago I started the Company Gore Galore.
    It has become the commander of all my time and energies.
    OUr primary product lines have become Oversize Creature Costumes, static zombies called "My Pet Zombies", and the "Sounds of Gore" CD series.
    This has moved us into doing work for Haunted Attractions, Theme Parks, Television shows, film, collectors of gore, and props for bands.

Getcha Some Gore!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X