This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Spooky nachos

What does that name mean? Its makes me hungry.
    Danny

Comment

• Bobby, from Connecticut, still in high school but already a seasoned haunter. Have a LOT more years ahead of me, but already been a designer and manager of a local haunt. Currently working on a huge one night event for a Relay for Life, hence the name "scream for a dream" just thought it fit seeing as how I've never been paid to scare or design, I do it for fun and to help out good causes! =) I scare by night, and am a lifeguard and water safety instructor most days after school, and new to this forum.

Comment

• Name is Richard and I reside in a North Dallas metroplex. After a few years working at a local haunt, we will be branching out and introducing a new haunt to the Dallas / Ft. Worth metorplex this fall.
        Richard Alvarado
        Moxley Manor Haunted House

www.moxleymanor.com
        www.nightscarebeforechristmas.com
        Stalk Us on Facebook
        Stalk Us on Twitter
        Stalk Us on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Moxley Manor View Post
          Name is Richard and I reside in a North Dallas metroplex. After a few years working at a local haunt, we will be branching out and introducing a new haunt to the Dallas / Ft. Worth metorplex this fall.
          Hey, Richard. Fellow Dallas'ite here. I live in NW Dallas over near Forest and Webb chapel. Looking forward to visiting your haunt this season.

Jim
          Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
          Haunt 2013, LLC
          and
          The House of Boo
          Dallas, TX
          www.haunt2013.com
          www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

• Howdy!

Greetings, All!

A haunter of 14 years - having designed and constructed for Haunts like BURIAL CHAMBER , TERROR ON THE FOX and SHAWANO MANOR in Wisconsin - Now embarking on opening my own attraction.

Oblivion Haunted House.

We will be at transworld and looking to meet a lot of you and have a good time.

Hope to see you there!
            "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
            Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
            Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

• The fright lord

i am Michael i would have to say the dedication of the first haunted house i ever attended i was around eight years old and it was at st Charles in Oklahoma i remember my dad took me the cafeteria was set up like a space station and holy ---- the real star wars characters and props were there and then you could go down into the gym which was converted into a haunted house there were scenes in there that i have not and will not ever forget it was the first real time that i could ever remember being scared and it turns out i love being scared after that i would set up small crawl through mazes in my parents house i could always remember getting yelled at for tearing up all the sheets or moving the furniture around but that didn't stop me i would invite the neighborhood kids over and charge them what ever they had rather it be a cracker jack box tattoo or a packet of cool aid they would go through and run out of my house screaming , that may be why i didn't have many friends as a young child but oh well here i am today with a show that i put on every year in hopes of bringing fear into the hearts of those who attend if we scare one person into remembering what they experienced the rest of there lives than we as haunters have made it a memorable experience for our customers i am 36 now and will continue to improve and maybe one day even have a permanent location for the haunts in which we produce ,and thank you to all of the haunted industry. And to those who beleive in us . my primary goal as a haunter is to entertain the fantasies and expectations of our guest by providing a safe yet fearful realm in which our loyal patrons can come an experience a fright filled fun evening at fair admission pricing while maintaining the integrity and fellowship of the haunted industry in short (SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU ) i will be at the transworld and look forward too meeting all of my new found brothers and sisters and offer a great big thank you to every one who has every helped make our industry the best industry i believe in the world
              Attached Files
              Last edited by FEAR ASYLUM; 03-22-2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dalloween View Post
                Hey, Richard. Fellow Dallas'ite here. I live in NW Dallas over near Forest and Webb chapel. Looking forward to visiting your haunt this season.

Jim
                Thanks Jim! We will be at TFW on May 1st in Irving. You should stop by and introduce yourself.
                Richard Alvarado
                Moxley Manor Haunted House

www.moxleymanor.com
                www.nightscarebeforechristmas.com
                Stalk Us on Facebook
                Stalk Us on Twitter
                Stalk Us on YouTube

Comment

• We are The Haunted Enthusiasts & we love this industry!!! www.hauntedenthusiasts.com

My name is Jim Patton and my wife Stephanie and I started The Haunted Enthusiasts.

We have attended haunts since the 70's and for the last 11 years have made a concerted effort to make it to as many haunts as possible. We visit 7 to 10 states a year, sometimes on our own, sometimes taking fellow enthusiasts who ask to join our well coordinated itineraries. Some of our accomplishments include 33 haunts in 11 days, 40 haunts in one month, and 3 states in 1 night! (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky)

After a great 2009 and being asked for the billionth time what we think of this or that haunt or how we do what we do, we realized it was finally time for a website. You can find us at www.hauntedenthusiasts.com

The site just went live this past week and is definitely in it's infancy. We have posted reviews for our top 4 haunts, but will try to review all of the haunts we've attended over time. We listed just some of the haunts we've attended and ended up at 3 pages, so it will take awhile to get to all of them.

As you will see in our reviews, we use what we call The Spinal Tap Scale, in honor of the great film classic THIS IS SPINAL TAP. That's right, our scale goes to... 11.

We have only given four 11 out of 10's to date, so it's not a regular thing to blow out the scale. We see haunts across the nation and feel we are pretty fair about what truly counts as a leader in the industry and scale busting haunt. We will also talk about trends, good and bad, that we see across the country and across the industry.

While we did follow everyone's wishes to do reviews and ratings, we want to stress that we love this industry and love anyone who is willing to put their time and resources into being a part of it. From the mega haunts to the haunts ran by 5th grade classes, we thank you all for continuing something that has been such a wonderful part of our lives.

We hope to act as an unbiased voice for enthusiasts, attendees, and haunters that we feel are doing a great job. We have no vested interest other than seeing great haunting continue and helping those haunts we feel are "getting it right".

We also hope to share our itineraries and advice for travel, accomodations, etc. Our main advice will seem obvious to this group but it is to use Hauntworld.com to research and plan your itinerary. We use Hauntworld.com throughout the year as it takes a year to map attractions, coordinate meet & greets with proprietors, research best travel and accomodation options, etc for 7 to 10 states and 30 to 40+ haunts.

We couldn't do what we do without the Hauntworld.com website. With it's extensive listings, maps, and contact info it is the greatest haunted attraction resource there is. We just added meet & greets to our itineraries a couple years ago and we wouldn't have been able to if not for the amount of time Hauntworld.com knocks off our travel time and the contacts it provides. Thank you Hauntworld.com!!!!!

Thank you to all the haunters out there who have welcomed us in to their haunts. You are a special breed of people in a very special industry. It takes A LOT of desire and dedication to do what you do. Just as attendees we see that. Thank you for doing what you, and we, love.

Jim & Stephanie Patton - The Haunted Enthusiasts

Comment

• another n00b...

Jay Westerman
                    Dallas, Tx
                    Morningside Mortuary, home haunt

I am new to this community and could not be more excited about it. I've been doing some larger scale home haunting for the past couple of years now and though the best I could be was Spirit Halloween stores. Uh yeah, Im excited.

Comment

• Chinese haunter and LED lighting expert

Hi HauntWorld,

My name is Quan Gan, I am Chinese-American, born 1983. I grew up in California and hold a degree in electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. I recently quit my corporate job and decided to open up the first American Haunted House in Mainland China in 2009: Shanghai Nightmare

While building our haunted house, I found problems with installing existing low voltage lighting and decided to team up with an engineering partner to develop our own products for the haunted attraction industry: Darklight

We attended Transworld for the first time in 2010 as an exhibitor and was really excited to see the positive feedback we got from haunters about our product.

So now, my business keeps me running back and forth between the US and China. In the US, we sell our LED precision lights and in China, we operate our own haunted house.

Cheers!
                      Quan
                      sigpic
                      The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

• First time joiner long time visitor

Hello all my name is Dan Slatkin I have for a long time been a silent player right behind the scenes in the haunt industry. I for many years was the head designer at Haunted Enterprises, I did not go to the shows or join in on any of the forums, but now that I have released my own product into the industry I plan on being much more involved. I would like to thank all of you who stopped by the Haunted Enterprises booth and checked out the new SlightlySick Video Illusion DVD. I would also like to thank Haunted Enterprises for being my official distributor and helping me bring my product to the show.

I have been involved in professional Haunting for over twenty years. I have worked in and ran haunts all over the western USA and am always willing to help out other Haunters in any way I can.

I would like to thank you all for welcoming me to your forum, and thank Larry for letting me be a part of this great forum.

Right now all I have is a youtube page up but more will be coming soon.
                        Dan Slatkin
                        SlightlySick Illusions
                        Our YouTube page
                        SBE Sites the home of the $2 web site
                        Our Sponsor

Comment

• Hello, My name is Kyle a.k.a. Scourge. I have always been a Halloween lover. As a kid I worked in local pro haunts in Utah, just as an actor. I had the time of my life. To pay for masks I use to make cuts, wounds, blood knives and props. I would ride my skateboard around house to house selling them to kids. Now I am all grown up and still a Halloween nut case. I enjoy all things spooky and haunt realated. For work I make Museum quality human skull replicas to pay the bills. I am super happy to be a part of this forum and I am looking forward to learning more about the attraction business. I have lurked here far to long, my bad.
                          www.skullshoppe.com
                          http://www.facebook.com/#!/skullshoppe
                          http://twitter.com/#!/SkullShoppe

Comment

• Hi all my name is Erik DiStasio.I own a historic grist mill in Vale N.C. we have haunted it for 10yrs now as Terror by the Creek.We are going to be moving this year into a bigger location if everything goes well.Seems like there is a bunch moving this year.Hope to get some pics up soon of new building and share with everyone....unihaunter....http://terrorbythecreek.com
                            Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

• Hi, all! My name is Larry Johnson, and I've been involved in haunted activities in one way or another for the last 8 years, give or take. I immediately fell in love with the world of haunted attractions when I became an actor, and it only intensified.

My love led me to start Nightmare Hollow Productions. It began as a mutual idea between a friend of mine and I last year, and developed into something gruesomely wonderful a few months ago. I function as the major maker of gruesome things, and he helps brainstorm product, promos, and short films. We started out doing a little custom work here and there, but finally started a website, which you can check out at http://nightmarehollowproductions.webs.com. There's also an official MySpace and a YouTube page. There's not much in the way of product right now - we've introduced an initial line of seven pieces...but, there's more gore on the way!

It is a massive honor to be a part of this board! All the haunters I've ever met have never been anything but friendly and helpful...the community is most excellent.

--Larry Johnson (Nightmare Hollow Productions)
                              Larry Johnson,
                              Owner/Operator--Nightmare Hollow Productions

Nightmare Hollow Productions - A BOO-tique of the macabre, the gruesome, and the downright grotesque!

http://nightmarehollowproductions.webs.com
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/nmhollowproductions
                              http://www.myspace.com/ntmarehollowproductions

Comment

• Hello all,
                                My name is Juan Garcia and I am from altered flesh fx, I work with my brother Xavier and we make silicone masks and soon props and some accesories for haunters and haunted. We are currently working on a website but for the time being you can see us at facebook.com/alteredfleshfx. I am excited to be a part of this forum and this community. Thanks for having me. Feel free to ask or just say hi to us. Thanks again

juan garcia
                                alteredfleshfx@aol.com
                                juan garcia
                                alteredfleshfx@aol.com

Comment

Working...
                                X