• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furby
    replied
    Haunted Puget Sound

Hey y'all, it's me Furby.
    After moving to Washington from my beloved NorCal, I took a few years off getting settled.
    Now I'm back to haunting & traveling to review the haunts up here in the Pacific North West.
    Glad to be back.

Sandy "Furby" Kimball
    Haunted Puget Sound
    Http://hauntedpugetsound.com

"let the haunting continue"

Leave a comment:

• ZodiacWarrior
    replied
    Name: Jan

I've been lurking here since I worked at my friend's home haunt last year, but I figured it was about time to say hi officially. This year he combined with Sinister Pointe in Brea, CA and I, along with my brother, my ex wife and our friend were lucky enough to be brought along for this season at least. I am really looking forward to being a part of this whole haunt scene for quite a while, and I am going to try to absorb as much information as I can. Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• Lys
    replied
    Happy Haunt Season, everyone!

My name is Lys, and I've been reading the boards here for a couple of months now. I figured that I would start contributing a bit, though I fully expect to learn more than I teach as I'm a relative newbie in the haunt world.

My history: I started in 2002 at Screams in the Dallas, TX area. My first year I worked in Terrorvisions: 3D, aka "The Clown House" (Screams has 4 houses and a maze - along with a 5th house that is an independent and has an additional fee.) After that I worked two more years as a greeter for the same house.

My fourth year I moved over to the independent house and started working as the money handler for the Mythical Monster Museum and Trail of Terror. You may know of this house through Allen H. on these boards, he currently is in charge of Screams but also owns the Trail.

I've been at the Trail for the last few years, but this year got "outsourced" back to Screams and will be acting and managing in The Pumpkin Patch, a new themed section of one of the paths within the park. It's a new thing for us, so my actors and I will be learning as we go. I have well-trained people, though, so have no doubts that it will become a fun addition to Screams.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning all there is to learn. I hope everyone has a GREAT season!!!

Lys

Leave a comment:

• farnsworth
    replied
    Name: Chris

Hi all! I've worked at our haunted house in northeast Ohio for 6 years, ran it the last two years. We're a non-profit group, all of our actors are volunteer(which has it's own difficulties), and we stretch our tight budget as far as we can every year. It definitely makes for some creative set designs and costumes..

Leave a comment:

• VSneader2
    replied
    Hi everyone, My name is Chad Snead I am 27 and been going to haunted house for as long as I can remember. I have built a scene at our local haunted trail one year and was an actor for a large haunted house the year after that. Then I got a job that limits my time home in the month of october so I am unable to work or help out at any doing that month. So when I am home I go visit as many as I can.

Leave a comment:

• Zenthran
    replied
    Nameaniel
    Stuff to know: Rabid Metallica fan, my favorite monster is The Jackel from 13 ghosts. I like to write, and fool around with a movie camera.

Leave a comment:

• tucsonscreamer
    replied
    any discussion on fire marshall issues

Leave a comment:

• tucsonscreamer
    replied
    I'm new, Bobby from Tucson.

Leave a comment:

• Screaminthedark
    replied
    Sorry for the long post...

Great to have found this place! My name is Kris and I teach 9th graders here in Kansas City. 4 years ago I wanted to raise funds for a school program so I proposed to my principal that we turn our already creepy JH school (which was featured in Steven Kings "sometime they come back" years ago) into a haunted house (running a professional haunt has always been a dream of mine). He said "okay, but fundraisers here don't usually go over well so don't spend much or you'll actually lose money." I spent a couple grand, got around 20 students to work the scenes and went out to open the doors at 7 PM....there were 3 kids there BUT WAIT.....one of the kids said, "oh, we thought this was the back door everyone's on the other side of the building I'll go get them!" Like a slow motion scene out of Braveheart, a sea of students came running around the corner as an evil grin formed on my face - okay enough dramatics. We made $7,000 in 7 hours that weekend and haven't looked back. We now employ almost 100 workers for two nights (8 hours total) where we transform our school into 15-20 scenes including an elaborate cheker and strobe room, laser vortex tunne hallway, a train scene with the train blaster box and a life-sized train front, Black light clown rooms, our infamous hospital/insane asylum scene a couple pneumatic props and of course the chainsaw chase out the back door.

We always take the new group of workers to our local downtown haunts to get them "in the mood" but this year we are excited to make the 4 hour trip to St. Louis and visit one of the best in the country - the Darkness and Creepyworld where we plan on learning from the best as we are always eager to add more and more to our "little haunted house that could"

We're excited to lurk around this place and learn from all the real pro's of the industry this place has to offer.

Kris

Leave a comment:

• HalloweenDenver
    replied
    Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
    Name: Jared Layman

I have been a hauntworld member for awhile too. I have ran a hayride as part of a non-profit organization for a few years. This year my wife and I are working towards breaking away and running an indoor haunt.
    Good luck with the indoor! It is a ton of work but very rewarding! Do you have it planned out yet?

Leave a comment:

• HalloweenQueen
    replied
    Introducing HalloweenQueen

Name: Stacy Moore

Hello to everyone. I a brand new to the group. I have loved halloween since I was tiny. There was just something about getting dressed up in a costume and visiting the local haunted houses with my dad. I still enjoy visiting haunted houses. My Husband and I have been doing a haunted house party since we have bought our house and are looking forward to starting a small back yard haunt for our town.

I have noticed in the past few years that the number of trick or treaters has dwindled greatly. Last year we had one treater when we always ran out of candy in the first few hours. I am hoping that our haunted house may trigger a growth in the number of treaters around here.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorCosmonaut
    replied
    Name: Jordan

Glad I can finally post

Leave a comment:

• sLiTwRiSt ThE cLoWn
    replied
    Hello Everyone

Name: Donald Hilsabeck

Hello haunt forums!! I am Donald or Slitwrist the clown and I have been building haunts and scaring as far back as i could remember. I would help any way i could be it filling the candy bowl at the end or hitting the fog machine button. Of course I began scaring at some point at the age of 9. Me and my family have always done home haunts and now that im older im starting a life long passion for scaring in professional haunts. I have done 3 pro haunts so far and would LOVE the opprotunity to do more in the future. I am planning to work the FRIGHTDOME here is sin city this year, hopefully that works out well. Thats pretty much it guys if you want to know anything else feel free to PM me or email me at: kings_rising@yahoo.com or add me at: www.myspace.com/kingsrising

Leave a comment:

• Execution Chambers
    replied
    Based on the previous posts, it almost sounds like I need to thank the Academy and my higher power and all my family and friends who helped me get here. I'm just glad we've chosen our name and theme, and for now, let me thank you in advance for all the help I expect to find here. Hopefully, we will take off and you will hear more from me.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Chrise
    replied
    I would like to thank all the little people and you know who you are. The music is playing so just thankyou.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X