Behind the Scenes or Insane Shane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind the Scenes or Insane Shane?

First off I am so sorry that this issue has even come up. I havn't spoken with Larry so I do not know what his reasons were to change the event from Wednesday to Thursday. I do know that everyone talked and decided which days went to what person. Shane has had Thursday set for months now and it is set. We have a special guest that has planned his/her schedule around this night. Shane wanted to make sure everyone, vendors included, could attend the party. Many people who would have attended the party last year could not because is was on a Wednesday night. Shane requested his day to be Thursday in order to accommodate everyone. As far as I know everyone agreed to this. I have attended the Behind the Scenes tour of the Darkness several times before and yes, I did have a good time. However, meeting vendors and other haunt owners in a relaxed enjoyable setting is also valuable. We sat and chatted for hours discussing props, ideas, tips and tricks. I am not telling anyone what to do but do not think that the party is only PARTY TIME and not a learning venue also. I can tell you this I won an awesome prize last year which more than paid for my ticket. I gained a great deal at Shanes Party last year. I met and made great friends, had a great time, learned some great new tricks and walked away with a great prize! I want to assure everyone the date is set and will not change for the Insane Shane Party of the Year. We are working on extending the time. Hope to see everyone there!

Sue
    Last edited by terrormasue; 01-15-2011, 02:20 PM.
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Sue

I don't have a good answer. Larry said people complained because they were not coming in till Thursday and others compained about this and that. So hummmm ever heard of damned of ya do and damned of ya don't LOL. I hope this is a simple issue for us both and people can adjust to enjoy both events. It's timed tickts so looks like you will only have your allotted time to attend. People can leave and come back because they will have an arm band. When they come in and get their ticket and if we start giving items away before some make it back then we can keep a list and they can check the list with their ticket to see if they won anything while they were gone? Shane and it's what's everyones thoughts? I am only 1 person here LOL! Shane
    sigpic

Comment

Shane that is a great idea! Yes come on to the party, eat have fun, go to the behind the scenes tour, come on back! We will make sure if your name is called you WILL GET THE PRIZE!! That is a promise! Leave it to you Shane to come up with the perfect solution! Again, we are working on extending the time! So come on and party, learn and win!

Sue
      http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

I think you are taking the party as a serious networking tool too seriously Sue. You can do more networking in a more casual setting at the hotel bar for free, no $80 ticket it's free and always packed. It's hard to network over loud music, wings and beer, where serious haunters are not present and it's packed with actors and start ups. I'm not knocking actors or start ups but let's be real it's a party for people to go to to hang out, danc, and have a good time...

You guys should not worry, you will get many people at your party and you'll all have a great time!

DA

Comment

Shane,

I support the idea of a party. But I've said from the start this is not about the industry but more about your ego, hence the name Insane SHANE party. Bob's was self serving as well. If you really cared and did it for the haunt industry you'd leave your name off the party and do it all behind the scenes. It's like the celebrity who calls the press and photographers ahead of time to let them know he's on his way to the children's hospital so it gets picked up on the news and he gets the PR and attention. It's the celeb who does it in private that makes it seem more sincere. I see this whole thing was a way you could get your name out there and put yourself in the center of attention. I know you'll deny it and your supporters will back you up but it's pretty obvious I'm right.

Also, who said we NEEDED a party?
          Last year IAHA and the HHA has parties there's plenty of parties....

Comment

Dark

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            I think you are taking the party as a serious networking tool too seriously Sue. You can do more networking in a more casual setting at the hotel bar for free, no $80 ticket it's free and always packed. It's hard to network over loud music, wings and beer, where serious haunters are not present and it's packed with actors and start ups. I'm not knocking actors or start ups but let's be real it's a party for people to go to to hang out, danc, and have a good time...

You guys should not worry, you will get many people at your party and you'll all have a great time!

DA
            Let me say a few things. For $95.00 you get all the food you can eat ALL NIGHT NOT JUST 1 PLATE. Other than fast food there is $25.00 or $30.00 for a meal in any town. Then if you drink ( I don't ) but let's say $5.00 a drink 6 drinks is another $30.00 there were up to $60.00. Now ok let's everyone throw in the room and it's no where crowed like the small bar it's a huge room so everyone gives $10.00 towards the room were up to $70.00 now add a shirt that would cost $20.00 there is $90.00 and say $5.00 in tax. I can't put a value on a persons prize because I don't know what each person wins. I don't see your point?

Are you calling Eric from Haunted Overload, Paul Johnson from Atrox, Ben Armstrong from Netherworld just to name a few actors or start up haunt owners? WHATS YOUR DEAL IN SAYING AND MAKING YOUR STATEMENTS YOU HAVE NEVER ATTENDED MY PARTY SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT GOES ON. I am kinda tired of you bashing this or putting down the ones who are attending like they are no bodies because let me correct you. THEY ARE HAUTERS COMING INTO TOWN FOR TRANSWORLD NOT TO SEE A HAUNTED HOUSE, NOT TO COME TO A PARTY, NOT TO GET DRUNK AND HANG OUT, THEY ARE THERE FOR THE SHOW FIRST. Any outside activities are done by hard working people like myself and the ones that helps us do it.I try along with Larry and others who meets with TransWorld to offer as much as they can for their enjoyment but again its Business first!

Stop down grading people for things they want to do. It's clear you DON'T LIKE ME OR WHAT I DO AN HEY BROTHER THATS WHATS GREAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO SUPPORT IT OR ME BUT KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT WHEN OTHERS DO. IT'S NOT COOL. Your making yourself look like a " I am better than you all judge" it want gain you support. Just back off the cheap shots sit in the small bar and do your thing. They want judge you for what you do and you don't judge them or make comments for what I or they may choose to do. Again there is plenty of time to do lots of things just pick out what you want to do and if someone else does something different then THEY HAVE THAT RIGHT! Shane and it's I am being nice. Shane
            sigpic

Comment

AJ

Thanks for the support and you will see alot of people. Like I said there's several of the Darkness people are coming in later ( they did not know actors could attend). I am for it ALL the show, MY party, Larry's Lemp and Darkness haunts. I wonder if DA has his name on his haunt or does he stay behind the scenes? I mean seems to me that would give him a ego. LET ME SAY THIS. Ego not so much maybe a little but I have busted my ass for years to get what I have and I did it the right way. I sure as Hell have a Heart also and will fight for all big and small in this Industry as I see everyone as equal and treated the same way.
              Yeah there is a bad one from time to time but even in one's family it happens.

Again thanks AJ I wish more people would post than email me in on stuff like this but I DO UNDERSTAND not wanting to make a mess here. As far as BOB goes I don't know why he don't do it anymore maybe it was he got scared of the gamble and someone making a mess of it as DA is trying to do with mine. Maybe he said WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT IN DOING SOMETHING COOL WHEN YOU GOT PEOPLE LIKE DA TRYING TO TEAR IT DOWN. I will just believe he got tired of the BS and stopped. Shane and it's it will take more than that with me. Shane

Ticket sales I am not worried they are GREAT!
              Last edited by graystone; 01-15-2011, 04:07 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I am going to both events. Just think some (such as myself) might feel rushed if we want to talk to Larry's crew about something.

You both do an awesome job with things. Never was at Shane's party and feel it's important to network, and Larry's place is like a museum so you have to go and see what else he did. I personally think Larry does a great thing with the behind the scenes tour.

Comment

You got that right!!!! If I did all this work you damn right I'd have my name on it and if I remember right people on the form started calling it the insane shane party and shane went with it. As for sitting in the bar being FREE, unless someone is buying you those drinks, it's not free.
                  Originally posted by zombiphobe
                  DA,
                  I'm pretty sure if you dropped 20K up front on something you would want your name on it too. I don't get why you feel the need to hate on everything you don't agree with or understand. I for one am thrilled to be attending the party as it is a chance to meet everyone I possibly can in the industry. As far as I know from the posts i've seen everyone but you is excited about the party.

So I take it by your comments you are not going to the party? Guess we won't have to worry about your negativity bringing everyone down.
                  Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Shane,

I love how you throw names out there to get them on your side. What ever happened to one one man wrecking crew Shane Dabbs who took on all comers alone? I realize there are a handful of good haunters and even a couple major players that will be there. I'm not hating on you but you know this is for your own name in the industry and the rest of you do too. Since you blew in as the forums biggest jerk, someone or something got to you and you've been on a mission to be on everyone's buddy list and you want to be the jewel of the industry. That's fine, but when I call it as I see it don't you guys cry like babies I can say what I want it's a free country.

Shane, AJ proves my point. He's not even an actor at a haunt and he's going, he's merely a reviewer.

And AJ, after reading what you wrote I;m considering coming now and standing by you the whole night! lol

Shane, you pride yourself on being a straight shooter, then start shooting straight unless everyone here has lost their mind there is no one including you who doesn't believe, at least a little, you're doing this for your onw name's sake. It's obvious, too obvious.

DA

Comment

Dark

Or should I say James I have found out a first name seems like. Ok MY NAME is on it. I am paying the money up front and I will take the loss if it happens what's your point? You jealous your not doing it? You can do your own party you know. Heck do it in the Bar want cost you a dime. I learned alot from my past and being an ass can and can't get you places. I will however not let everyone run over me. Again it's clear you have a jealous side in you but why?

I would say don't be jealous and focus on your learning being jealous of me is not helping you or your haunt ( if you have one). Remember sitting in the bar getting dog faced drunk is what's going to help you.

So you know AJ is not a haunt owner, Now let him know and me know who you are? Are you a haunt owner? What's your name. We all know each other here and if you want to play ball tell us who you are, your haunt, and location and then we can judge you too. It's easy to sit here on this forum and bash behind a name. This has been a talk for years on why some hide behind a name so today is your turn to be a big boy and fill us in heck just fill me in. And when did it become a crime to build ones name? Ok I am agreeing on all your points now answer the who, what, when and why's now.

Again that's whats great about this Country you can have an opinion and you can vote, drive do everything and anything in this Country you want to do.Your allowed to but there is one small thing. YOU CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOUR OWN NAME! and be taken serious. Ice you are exactly right my friends and this Industry gave me that name and Dark it was for a reason! Shane and it's Shane Dabbs who's hosting the Insane Shane Party who has put up his own money for the Industry to come to and enjoy. Shane

One other thing I don't need anyone on my side these people are MY Friends I am not afraid to mention them here and I am sure they don't mind. Oh did you notice I mentioned their real name and not a screen name?
                      sigpic

Comment

hey dark,
                        If it's just half ass haunters and actors why don't you come? don't you run a garage haunt hmmmm must be putting serious numbers thru, enough to knock field of screams

and seriously it's $95 What's $95 to have a good time ?

Comment

Chris,

You're about a an hour from me up in Annapolis right? But yet you worked for Shane down in Alabama right, as an actor? Another kid I can see, what a follower.

DA

Comment

Shane, you pride yourself on being a straight shooter, then start shooting straight unless everyone here has lost their mind there is no one including you who doesn't believe, at least a little, you're doing this for your onw name's sake. It's obvious, too obvious.
                            You are a douche bag. He doesnt need this f'ing money. And this isnt for profit. Its to benefit us, and give us a decent time to relax and network. Stop being so freaking negative.
                            At least you get to have an opportunity to go! I am deployed right now, and am going to miss every chance to go to that party, yet I'm helping out with the site, etc.

Why? Because this industry needs more people like Shane to step up, instead of being a follower. If that means getting a bad rep with jealous guys like you, then so be it, but stop raining on everyone's parade.

Enough already. Just STOP. Its getting old seeing you cut on every single thread.

Comment

Pile it on everyone pile it on. History always repeats itself, we'll see where you are when that happens... It's too bad old posts were deleted....I might have some stored away.

By the way, I'm not jealous. You guys are waaaay over thinking this. It's a party, that's all it is, it's a party. You guys are defending it like it's your lives or something. Ignore what I write and go enjoy the party. I could also afford to do the party Shane is doing, so could many of you, but if I did I wouldn't do it for my benefit.

The whole point I was trying to make was Larry does not need to apologize for his haunt tours and what nights he has them. Not everyone will go to each there will be thousands of people there and all events and tours will be full of people. Damn, you guys are all worked up over a damn party that cost 20k to do, many of us could do it doing a party is not something anyone would be jealous about.

It's just a party and I'm just one person speaking up. That's where Shane and I always saw eye to eye, that's where we've found common ground. I just don't operate on selective memory like most others do.

DA

ps; Keegan, thanks for your service, seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X