Bloody, Mangled, Corpsified Bucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody, Mangled, Corpsified Bucky

Here is a corpse I have been working on, it's pretty much done except for the final protective finish. I used a child sized Bucky because it is supposed to be the mangled corpse of a child. I used latex carpet adhesive and fabric on this one to act as the pieces of "flesh". I gave the adhesive a day or two to dry before I started painting it. The paint takes away the tack of the adhesive. To paint it, I used mainly acrylics and latex house paints. Although, over my "flesh" base coat I used some wood stain to give it a nice grimy look. The paints seem to hold pretty well, some of the "blood" started to crack in some areas though, so I switched to a different mix. Before I was just using acrylics mixed to a blood color, but then I changed my medium to Liquitex gloss varnish, which I then pigmented to look like blood. It worked much better because the varnish is flexible. I will be doing a final protective coat over the entire corpse though, to ensure it is sealed properly. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should use to seal the whole corpse? I was just going to airbrush some of the Liquitex varnish over it, but is there anything better? I need something some what flexible, and it would be nice if it had a gloss sheen.

Please let me know what ya think of the Corpse! I made a video because the pics weren't turning out very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sekMIu9wYwk

Awwwwwwwsome job! I got creeped out just looking at it.... you should do a tutatorial video on you tube on the construction of it would like to build a 2 of these... great job though...

Comment

Very cool! Great job!

Comment

Thanks guys! I actually have the forum members to thank for this, I used a mixture of the techniques that people have been kind enough to post on here. So if you want to know how to make something like this, just search it on the forum, that's what I did!

- Jake

Comment

looks good goat
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks. Does anybody know of a glossy, flexible sealer that will work well to protect the whole corpse? I was planning on just airbrushing Liquitex gloss varnish on, but if there is something better I would love to hear.

Comment

try elmers clear glue.
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Looks awesome! I like it alot... the hands are my fave part I think! Well done!!!
                Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

shalac!!!!!

Shalac................ Ask Larry about Shalac. In his detailing video he joked about doing a dvd on 101 ways of using Shalac. I use it on all the buckys I do in some fassion. Awesome stuff!! Sweet lookn bucky by the way!!
                  Last edited by Kelly Anderson; 01-19-2011, 06:46 PM.
                  Kelly Anderson
                  Owner- Halloween Undercroft
                  http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
                  Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Will shellac stay flexible on the Bucky? I do have some, but it is Amber, I would need to get some that is Clear. If shellac works, wouldn't something like Polyurethane Finish work as well, or do they have different properties?

Comment

Shellac might have more of a chance of cracking if you have to or want to move it a lot. Monster makers makes 2 products that work well: Perma Wet and a newer product Flex-Gloss Coat. Just used some of the Flex Gloss the other day and must say I really like it almost more than the Perma Wet, and it goes a long way. Only used about 2 tbsp of it to coat an entire full head mask with a chip brush.

http://www.monstermakers.com/categor...coatings.html/

I attached 2 (not the greatest from cell phone) pics of the mask I just used it on below. It dried perfectly clear (the whitish spots are reflection). I painted and did the "vine" on the mask (can' take credit for the sculpt...that was Dave Greathouse of Precinct 13/Creature Corps)

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                      Attached Files
                      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Shellac will possibly crack but that amber tinge will actually help knock out areas where it is too red.
                        Take a pic with a flash so you know what I mean. The shellac will give it an even nastier look.
                        Kevin R. Alvey
                        info at gore-galore.com
                        www.gore-galore.com
                        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Well my main thing is to seal it, there are a few areas where the paint could possibly crack so I want to make sure I have a good sealant over it that won't crack. I airbrushed some Liquitex over it yesterday, and I am going to see how that worked.

Comment

looks really good!

Comment

Thanks everyone! The liquitex worked really well to seal it, I actually use a combination of it and Plasti-Dip spray seal.

Comment

Working...
                              X