Allen Hopps for Haunt Industry MVP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Hopps for Haunt Industry MVP!

I posted the message below in response to an earlier thread. I'm posting it here in a new thread as well in hopes you will join me in voicing your opinions as well. I'd love to see Allen get the recognition he deserves for his incredibly positive contributions to the haunt industry!

Allen,

My friend, you have soooo much knowledge and talent that it just blows me away! If you took all your tutorials and all the tips and insights you've consistently shared over the years and put them into one package, I'd pay top dollar for it! Seriously, you are a haunted attraction business encyclopedia Allen! You have an incredible wealth of experience and knowledge! You've been in this industry longer than most anyone I know and you somehow have managed to avoid the politics and the drama. You're also one of the easiest people in this industry to sit down and have a real conversation with. I'm inspired by you Allen and I'm proud to call you friend!

To Transworld and MHC board members, to IAHA, HHA and/or HAA and everyone in the industry... is there going to be a recognition award this year for Haunt Industry MVP (Most Valuable Person) or Friend to the Industry? I know in the past the association has given Lifetime Achievement Awards. I think it would be a great idea to have a MVP Award or something similar and I'd personally like to nominate Allen Hopps! He would be an excellent candidate for Lifetime Achievement and MVP!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

For someone who I never met in person, Allen has ALWAYS been extremely helpful in going out of his way to help me out regardless of what question I, an others, ask. I may have never met him, but I have An incredible amount of respect for him and if anyone deserves this recognition, it is definitely Allen.

Bobby

Comment

I agree Brother,
      Allen is always willing to help and he seems to always have the answers. Maybe TW can give out awards during the convention some how because Allen sure deserves one!
      Greg
      Fearfest
      Greg Allen
      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

OMG YES!! An all I can say is thank you Allen, I would take a bullet for him. Hell I would have given him my gull bladder if I had one I love the man so much. An to celebrate this joyous occasion I think he should make some thing really cool again so I can buy it....

Who's with me !?!
        ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
        ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
        ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
        ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Well

Next to me I think Allen is the best! Just Kidding! Allen gets my vote! Shane and it's where and when do we vote? Shane this time!!!
          sigpic

Comment

I gotten to hang out with Allen at the various shows and he's one of the coolest people ever! I only wish I had more time to sit with him and talk haunt, if I lived closer I know he'd be a "bar buddy" for sure!

Allen, you're so talented! You've got my vote! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

yeah Allen is full of great Info and just a really nice down to earth guy got my vote

Comment

One of the most selfless, glad to help, knowledgable people I've ever "met". Doesn't try to nickle and dime people for advice and inshight on how he approaches projects.

Allen is an authentic friend to the industry, he does, where others talk.

Also, not that my voice matters, I second the nomination.
                Last edited by Twin Locusts; 01-12-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
                  if I lived closer I know he'd be a "bar buddy" for sure!
                  If I lived closer I would work for the man. He is always willing to teach you, he's not drama, and he keeps his haunt running smooth and clean. Guys like him are getting hard to find in this industry.
                  ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
                  ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
                  ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
                  ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

All I an say is ditto ditto ditto all of what has been said is 100% true ...I have met Allen he is from my current hometown he has always lent his ear to help us all out...and for those who have not met him you would truly be surprised when you did.......

Comment

I agree, he is one of the most respected individuals on this board if not "top dog". He gives 110% and doesn't expect anything in return. I've purchased a mask from him and his videos. He is so down to earth and just an all around good guy.

I agree with everyone that he should get some sort of acknowledgement for his honest good old fashion caring about this industry and it's people.

Got my vote!

Comment

Great idea Kel...for everything he has done for us this is the least we can do for him. Allan, thanks and look forward to meeting you in March.

Comment

Just to clarify - is this the member known as Allen H, who's always helping everyone? If so, I agree.
                          According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

I whole-heartedly agree. Being someone who is relatively new to this industry (and this forum), I have undoubtably gained a lot from the nuggets of wisdom that he posts.

It's rare to find someone with so much knowledge that is willing to share it so freely and openly.

Comment

YUP.... hes got my vote.
                              BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                              www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Working...
                              X