Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spookhaven
    replied
    I think you would be surprised at the number of people that read it on the websites. Our front door person talks with people outside and it's obvious when they get into the conversation how much they know. Helps set the mood. But make sure your actors know the storyline. If not, then customers are turned off.

I couldn't believe the number of emails in the past two years we have gotten asking us if it the legend was true or not.

Leave a comment:

• Nightmaresgate
    replied
    We use a VERY elaborate backstory..... 50% of the people never notice.... 30% that do don't think about it one way or another... but that last 20% latch onto it like it's their favorite soap opera or something!

And I agree... it does help flesh out the show and keep the actors involved.

Leave a comment:

• krazedklownkilla
    replied
    I think a back story is one of the most important thing a haunt can do to make it successful.

Leave a comment:

• Allen H
    replied
    I use a back story in each of my haunts. It helps guide the setwork as well as the actors. I also use it to entertain the quelines.
    Allen H

Leave a comment:

• freak 'n' stein
    started a topic Backstory/Storyline

Backstory/Storyline

Despite whether it has been asked or not, can I ask a quick question? How many of us use a backstory or have a storyline for our haunt!?? How important do we find it as an attraction to have a backstory?! I know that it isn't essential to have a story, but how many of us use back stories either to drive marketing or actors in an attraction?!
Working...
X