Larry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry

First, I realize this doesnt have anything to do with haunted houses...so please shun me now..

Larry

Im watching the food network and its talking about Butter Cake, and how its only really found in St Louis...What is this mysterious dessert that you havent spoken of and how is it. All you talk about is the Toasted Rav that yall are known for..So please tell us about this cake so we can have it and eat it too
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

I have had the mythical butter cake. Paula dean has a recipie for it, and its delicious, and it will kill you.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Ive never had any But I bet Its great. I also seen butter cake on the food network.

In NC we are known for eastern style BBQ. We have a vinger base sauce. we also have livermush. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush I cant even try to explain it but is good its all the extra parts from a pig mashed. you can eat it cold or fry it up for a sandwich, Ive eat it all my life. we have 2 drinks you cant get anywhere else its called SUNDROP www.sundrop.com its like a cracked up MT.dew and we have cheerwine www.cheerwinecorp.com its a over carbonated cherry drink. its good to. I dont drink much soda but Im proud to have these as local drinks.

What local food do the rest of you have.
      BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
      www.horrorfields.com

Comment

MmmmMMmmmm...Buttah!!
        missjayne
        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Maybe Shane can order a Buttercake for the party? Do it up in style!

which PS- Shane if you are in need of a specialty cake for the party...my wife makes awesome themed cakes...I'd just have to be able to drive it out to the party.

Livermush? Does not sound appetizing...reminds me of something I seen at an IHOP in D.C. called Scrapple. Its pretty much what it sounds like....all the scraps of stuff...we ordered one in a group and I dont think anyone ate more than a bite.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Yes people have told me its the same as scrapple BUT I was up north and I tryed scrapple and IT IS NOT THE SAME THING........NOT THE SAME!!! but its cool to see the diffrent things that are local to the parts of the us.
            BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
            www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Originally posted by jakprintsHAUNT View Post
              Maybe Shane can order a Buttercake for the party? Do it up in style!

which PS- Shane if you are in need of a specialty cake for the party...my wife makes awesome themed cakes...I'd just have to be able to drive it out to the party.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
              Mike's wife does amazing cakes, and I think she could make something amazing for the party. She made this one for our wedding:

Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Here are a couple other photos of her related work. The Oogie cake is unfinished...and we unfortunately did not get a photo of the final before we added more texture and distressing to it (I help with the cakes sometimes too). I still need to build her website too. I have lots more photos to share if anyone may be interested in her work.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                Attached Files
                -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it! The skull wedding cake it cool! Shane and it's all good work! Shane this time!
                  sigpic

Comment

That Jason cake is nice. Shes pretty talented.
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

I will pass the compliments on...thank you. Best part about most of her cakes are they are 100% edible. Katie's cake the skulls and obviously baby's breath were not but everything else including the "spider webs" and "river of blood" was.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Those cakes are amazing!

Tater, St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake is very yummy. My mommy made it from scratch this past Christmas. I've lived here for 4 years and just found out about it a year ago - Shane, I think you need to add it to your party menu!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

The cakes make me hungry, and they look awesome!

Comment

Working...
                          X