Other haunts with moving walls ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other haunts with moving walls ?

I'm working on a moving wall project and was wondering if any one knows any haunts that have moving walls or false walls that move. I had this crazy dream last night out of the blue an its practically begging to be drawn out . I haven't been going out to check out haunts the last few years so any type of info about any haunted house will help out a lot. If any one has a video then I will construct you a small shrine out of my mashed potatoes because thats how grateful I would be. Shrine will then be destroyed and eaten.

~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Scarefactory makes one. Not sure what its called.

Smasters

Comment

At our chain link maze we have 4 swinging wall panels that we use to redirect, cuttoff, or attack patrons.
      On my trail (the year My theme was insects) the guests entered by walking through a hole in the wall behind the fridge, this was made easy to slide back and forth by the use of barn door track. If I were doing moving walls then thats what I would use, hang them from barn door track and have them slide back and forth.
      No pics, sorry.
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

The best sliding door hall I've ever scene was at Erebus in Detroit, it was incredible, as the group walked down the halls, walls would cut off multiple members of the group.

Comment

I seen some at netherworld this year.
          BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
          www.horrorfields.com

Comment

I have numerous "secret" moving walls, objects

I make an angular steel framework, bolt thick plywood to it. Weld up hinges using 1 inch black pipe with 1 inch solid steel bars inside riding upon steel ballbearings under the solid steel shaft (well greased)
            A floor flange with a nipple screwed into it accepts the solid steel bar and I weld a bottom into the floor flange to hold the ball bearing. I attach brick, stone, furniture, whatever to the plywood via bolts. I use no latches or locks for the safety factor but the doors do eventually swing closed via a slight angle in the hinges as installed.
            I like building things once. Repairing flimsy crap is maddening and a waste of time.
            Nobody has ever broken any of these hinges as of yet.
            No delayed tours or any problems caused by broken stuff makes life much happier.
            Life can be so simple.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A Moving Wall-Not A Doorway

Has the potential to pinch someone's toes or knock them down as it advances toward them.
              A rural haunted house once drove a tractor up to the wall of the house and pulled the tractor's two hydralic cylinders off, mounted then through the window to operate their moving (advancing-crushing wall).
              Pretty "slick" huh? If you are a sadist and have your bags packed to make your get-a-way.
              Mere human muscles can't compeat with hydralic cylinders powered by a tractor motor.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

No one has pics ?? Jim can you post a video ?

Jessica Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                  At our chain link maze we have 4 swinging wall panels that we use to redirect, cuttoff, or attack patrons.
                  On my trail (the year My theme was insects) the guests entered by walking through a hole in the wall behind the fridge, this was made easy to slide back and forth by the use of barn door track. If I were doing moving walls then thats what I would use, hang them from barn door track and have them slide back and forth.
                  No pics, sorry.
                  This is more what I'm looking for. I was thinking of a rolling \ sliding system kinda like a sliding door. My construction skills are lacking but i will be looking into bar doors.

Jessica Ward

Comment

daekmoon I wish I could help you hear but Ive never built these walls before Sorry.
                    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                    www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Found the video. If you need someone to build something simular or better PM me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgv7dQndM1A&NR=1

Thanks

Smasters

Comment

Thank you all girls and ghouls. I pretty much know what I'm looking for now I just need to put it all down in my book and figure out how to set it up. Thank you mall again. I'll even post my drawn plans when there done.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Working...
                        X