Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Foam Carve Your Haunt

Okay folks... we have and continue to update www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com

We have put the new DVD we are going to sell up on the site. Keep in mind if you order it you will not get this until February.

But the cover is done... take a look!

Here is what will be included and if you want post some of your comments because this isn't done yet... so we could cover your questions or idea's if we can. So hit me up!

We will show you what tools to use, hard coating idea's, types of foam, stones, caves, waterfalls, and detailed stuff. The dvd should help you get started doing foam carving in your haunted house.

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I'm going to ask my number one gripe question, does it show us how to fix problems as they arise ? I can now say after working with foam that I'm almost obsessive with it with some of my projects. Its cheep, light weight, easy to get, and easier to work with. What happens when I mess up though ? When I know what I'm doing on a project I'm super fast and get things done. An normally not a problem but what do I do when I make a mistake ?? When I'm on smaller projects I have not a care in the world because if I mess up I can toss it out and start over again.. But what do I do when its a BIG project.. you just can't scrap this and start all over.

Also is this going to cover what glues I can use if I want to add on ? I know some one that made a fantastic skull and horn set from styrofoam and almost destroyed it !! He was about to put a special sealant on it but quickly thought maybe I should test this on another piece first. Thank goodness he did because it dissolved before his very eyes !! Are there dangers like these that we should know about ?
    ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Its funny you mention that because yes we did address this in the video... however I will address it now.

When you screw up you can fix it easy... you just add more playdoh to the mix. LOL

Look a foam project is simple you scupt on something over and over again and even when its done its NOT totally done until its hard coated in one way or another.

So unless you've made that final step of hard coating your foam project you can fix anything...

If you make a mistake you just take a chunk of foam and glue it over the mess up and then start over. You can cut that messed up chunk out and glue a new piece in, or just glue new foam over the top of the whatever you messed up foam.

You can seal all the cracks between the new foam and original foam with spray foam sanded down.

We do this all the time... actually its explained better in the video.

I hope this helps.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Looks Great Foam is so easy to manipulate and mabacure! look sliek a good one t add to the library!
        The Care Taker
        John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Cool video Larry,
          You guys do a great job putting together usefull information on dvd. I just watched again your dvd on detailing. Seems like you can always get something out of watching in no matter how many times I watch it. Ill be looking into this dvd as well. Maybe pick it up from you in St Louis if you will have them there. Great Job!
          Kelly Anderson
          Owner- Halloween Undercroft
          http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
          Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Looks like it will be a good dvd. Im with Kelly, you all do a great job on all of your videos. How much is it gonna be? And are you going to have another detail video too? Think you mentioned that. Just making sure. I would like to see you foam carve a facade to an entrance or crypt in steps. See it all come together.
            Thanks,
            Damon
            Last edited by damon carson; 01-01-2011, 03:23 PM.
            Damon Carson

Comment

Good call Damon

Ill second that on step by step doing an enterance to a crypt. We got in the plans for 2012 season to revamp the basement of our haunt into a cave, then crypt, then cemetery. Im all about planning ahead. And some extra knowledge and tips only helps! Thanks for bringing that up Damon!!
              Kelly Anderson
              Owner- Halloween Undercroft
              http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
              Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

No problem Kel. Im full of it! LOL! Ideas that is. Nah just thought it would be a good idea. Lets hope it makes the tape.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                X