Queue Line Actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruiseMuse View Post
    it's not like they are super fast or can do anything crazy except fall out.

Yuck!........ Girl got a dirty mouth. I am going to try this though. At least once. I can't even believe I want to try it but I am going to. I'm going to research this one though to make sure I can't catch any thing.
    ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Please pardon the 30 second makeup job; I taught an acting class for kids that night and so I didn't get to the haunt until late. But it gives an idea of the fun things you can do with worms.
      Katie Lane
      Partner/VP
      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I can personally attest to the disgusting props that Katie uses. Worms are really just the tip of the iceberg. She really goes for it, and people actually run in fear from a 4ft actress.
        No lying. She is gross! (and I LOVE it!!! )

And, on the random prop front, I created a character around a bloody high heel. I would walk up to people and ask them if they knew how to kill someone with a shoe? You have to press real hard! And then whipped it over my head, and charged with a Indian like war-whoop.
        I also had a character named "Noel" that had a creepy stuffed snowman. I would walk around with red pantyhose on my head, and tell people he smelled like Christmas, wann smell? Then have the snowman pretend to fart on them. Ridiculous, but entertaining. Helped to let down their guard so they would get scared better inside.
        Random can be very, very rewarding!
        Like your "Merrick-like" character could have part of his parasitic twin on a stick, or the turkey baster he was conceived with?
        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

[QUOTE=Killer Katie;106984]I can personally attest to the disgusting props that Katie uses. Worms are really just the tip of the iceberg. She really goes for it, and people actually run in fear from a 4ft actress.
          No lying. She is gross!
          /QUOTE]

Like what....... Do I even want to know ?
          ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
          ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
          ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
          ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Another prop idea for you mud, a wallet with a picture in it, tell them its your Mom dad and big brother (Its just of two people).
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Re: Dark

You probably don't want to know, but I shall brag about her anyway!
              The Condensed version goes a little something like this:
              She always has something dead on her - be it bones or skin.
              She likes to boil entrails and chew on them.
              And she has eaten vomit.
              Not her own vomit.
              See? Gross! LOL
              Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Been a while since I have had a chance to use the interwebz.
                An old guys take on it, is that frankly I don't care how good of an actor you are. If your working the line getting people worked up, everyone excited and ready to go. Eventually they are going to get comfortable. So entertain them, be witty. Occasionally I'l get a really ridiculous scare with an over the top tactic. Really suddenly, then be like "Oh my! Did you all see that comin? Me either! Thats called improv right der. Y'all get what yousa paid fer in dis place." Usually to their friends. That way I get a scare and everyone has a good time. Point is to get them excited, I never understood the actors who work lines and try to be scary the whole time. I have gotten comments such as
                "How do you do that?! Make me laugh an cry in the span of two minutes!"
                As a general rule they get overbearing and annoying. Usually. Some can pull it off.
                Your not the haunt, the haunt is scary. And people are grouchy enough waiting in line, I see no problem with lightening the mood abit some time.

Keep the humour macabre if you want. If its a group of four 20 year olds you can tailor your humour a bit ad be a bit more adult. Give each person a show, make yourself memorable.
                And you dont always have to be aggressive, or vicious, or scary at all to do that. And most of all, keep the people entertained.
                Thats your job in the line, get them psyched and ready to be scared in the haunt!

Comment

Awesome thanks Katie! I really appreciate it and Tater is it just me or do we always take MY car lol dont worry i'll keep them in the little plastic box they belong in and release them afterwards. I understand what you meen about katie going all the way with stuff once im in character I can't be stopped lol.

This coming year will be the year of things in pockets for me lol im going to create a new character named Kreature who has all kinds of slimy, bloody, alive, disgusting, bad things in pockets.

Im going to have to put in bulk orders at the butchers this year it looks like.

Jackie
                  RFR
                  “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Katie View Post
                    You probably don't want to know, but I shall brag about her anyway!
                    The Condensed version goes a little something like this:
                    She always has something dead on her - be it bones or skin.
                    She likes to boil entrails and chew on them.
                    And she has eaten vomit.
                    Not her own vomit.
                    See? Gross! LOL
                    You can see some of the intestine chewing and vomit eating in the Spookyworld/Nightmare New England trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=318x1Dz5fNo
                    Katie Lane
                    Partner/VP
                    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Working...
                    X