Hey Larry, perfect item for your museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Larry, perfect item for your museum

Hey Larry, perfect item for your museum.

The coffin of Lee Harvey Oswald is being auctioned. Perfect for nation wide attention for the Darkness and a unique item for the museum.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101201/...coffin_auction

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – For the JFK-assassination conspiracy junkie who has everything: Lee Harvey Oswald's coffin. Body not included.
    A Los Angeles auction house said on Tuesday it would sell the simple pine coffin in which the suspected assassin of President John F. [COLOR=#366388! important][COLOR=#366388! important]Kennedy[/color][/color] was buried for almost 20 years.
    Bidding will start at $1,000, but the item is expected to fetch strong interest from museums and collectors of presidential memorabilia when it goes on the block on December 16.
    Attached Files
    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

My first thought is - Wheres the body?

Smasters

Comment

The body is buried in a cemetery in Fort Worth, Texas.

Comment

Actually that is funny... I already saw that and told Jim that we should buy it and put it in the museum. About 2 or 3 days ago we had a big long disucssion about it. At the time the thing was only at 6 grand or something then it shot up to 10 plus.

I don't know if I would want to pay that much. Honestly I think it would create a LOT of press if you had it... probably national press but they claim it might go for up to 100k.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

http://www.natedsanders.com/ItemInfo.asp?ItemID=31872

Now its up to 15k. I still think it would be worth it but 15k is a lot of money. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

So why was this coffin exumed and now for sale? This is strange. And was he buried in another coffin. Later to be sold in another 20 years? LOL! Just read the link. Still doenst make alot of sense.
            Damon
            Last edited by damon carson; 12-04-2010, 08:11 PM.
            Damon Carson

Comment

Subterraineon Cruising

Is hard on a coffin, time to trade it in, maybe trade up! Electric lid, first offender skirts,worm guard,pressure treated wood, asbestos lining for the lower depths, moon roof, lap top, depth guage, compass, GPS unit, on-star.
              "This is On-Star calling , we think your coffin might be moving? Is your coffin moving? Are you presently in your coffin or have you just stepped out for a few minutes? (I think the weevil-worms are just tussling over ownership of your lower intestine again.)
              Small voices are heard...:"rock me baby all knight long."
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This could end up as a real haunted possession. Or who knows a cursed item? Then again it could be just a pine box. But anyway I dont think its worth the money or the baggage that might come with it. Just my two cents.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

I'm come at you two ways, 1. I live in DFW area, 2. I'm a high school history teacher. After Oswald was killed by Jack Ruby, they wanted to hurry up and get him buried before all the JFK stuff with his burial, etc... in DC, so they took him to Fort Worth ASAP and had him buried quickly with only a few witnesses to the funeral and only a couple observing the autopsy and embalming. Many people thought the body in the casket was not Oswald, so in 1980/81 he was exumed to dispell any rumors and dental records confirmed it was him, he was then reburied in a cemetery in East FW. Sorry, left alot of details out, but this is the just of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Spooktakular View Post
                    I'm come at you two ways, 1. I live in DFW area, 2. I'm a high school history teacher. After Oswald was killed by Jack Ruby, they wanted to hurry up and get him buried before all the JFK stuff with his burial, etc... in DC, so they took him to Fort Worth ASAP and had him buried quickly with only a few witnesses to the funeral and only a couple observing the autopsy and embalming. Many people thought the body in the casket was not Oswald, so in 1980/81 he was exumed to dispell any rumors and dental records confirmed it was him, he was then reburied in a cemetery in East FW. Sorry, left alot of details out, but this is the just of the story.
                    Just to add the details that answer questions from above...when he was reburied in 1980/81 he was reburied in a new coffin, and this one has been held onto since as a museum/collectors piece. There are some other related items going up as well.
                    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Hummmmm...

I wonder... If the coffin has a smell to it?? We are always looking to add scents to our haunts so… there ya go..

Peter
                      FS
                      Fables Studios
                      Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                      https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

$ 87,000 final price. congrats Larry?

Better put it behind glass.
                        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

It ended up selling for about 75,000 bucks... so there was NO WAY I was going to pay that. I would have paid like 10,000 for it because it might have been worth that but NEVER 75,000 for some rotting wood.

I'm sure the funeral home that saved it is happy as a peach.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Who ended up buying it and what do they plan on doing with it?
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                            X