No announcement yet.

George Maser's deadbeat/crook list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why couldnt that be done with a credit card order? I dont know I think it would work. There are still probably loop holes though.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

George Maser's deadbeat/crook list

Shane its happens alot,buyers do rip of sellers.. we have been doing business making halloween stuff for many years and we have only done small shows and the asd/amd trade shows

we have shipped stuff cod only to have the buyer give us a bad check for 1,000-5,000.

this has happened many times over the years to us, we have had bad money orders, bad checks, bad bank certified checks..

i can tell you a funny story of us driving from LA to san diego because of a bounced check of 8,000.00 we waited at the guys house till he got home and he paid us, no we did not do anything to him,lol people are shocked if there check is bad and you show up..

we will be at the st louis show, people can pay half by paypal or credit card. and the other half when it goes out. we will ship any order in 30 days or less. and we will not take orders after june, we go to China for a few weeks to design halloween stuff for a company in China. they sell to walmart,target,many others

When we get back, thanks to shanes post we read all year, we are doing a haunted house this year, we have been building stuff for our haunted house all year..

thanks shane we caught the haunt fever from you,lol

jay and yen

Comment

I have done business with George ..... a stand up guy !!!

honest guy with good products !!!!

Larry , George has over 150 posts ! use the search option !!!

Casey ....................... CREEP HOUSE

Comment

Larry, we've only met about six times and talked on the phone maybe a dozen. I sell tents. (ring a bell?). I am posting my list on hauntworld because the people who owe $ came from this site. Take a minute to think about it --- Why would you want to protect a crook? Why not warn everybody. George Maser
          George Maser 864-761-7223, masertents@gmail.com. For the fastest response please call or text! (I talk much better than I type)

Comment

We've been ripped off once and I've spent several hours and months chasing down other people.

Why did I send out things with out payment first? Several reasons, giving people credit because they were a legit store, helping get a guy started in his new business, good faith efforts to help a desperate customer who needed to get his haunt running and promised to pay.. the list goes on and on. I have one customer who I thought I was good friends with stiff me and not return numerous calls and e-mails...

bottom line.. lessons learned and never again do we extend credit or ship without money first.

Sorry a few customers ruined it for everyone else that I used to give credit too. I would highly suggest if you are a new vendor and reading this, you heed this warning... money talks and bullshit walks..never give out product without money upfront.
            Steve Martini
            Screamline Studios
            www.screamlinestudios.com
            steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

From what Ive seen on this site exposing any kind of crook whether a buyer or seller is frowned on. I even seen people either disappear or get booted off this site for it.

Its one sided and pick or choose here.

Smasters
              Last edited by smasters; 11-19-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Other side of the coin

Yup,
                George has been around longer than most. He exhibited at the first Transworld show I ever attended 13 years ago.
                He exhibited with a really cool fortune teller bit with a crystal ball, tents, and some pyro effects.
                You have never heard a bad word about him on any forums that I know of.

Shane,
                I just wanted to say thank you for bringing up the issue about "Dead beat vendors". Honestly, it is a good thing to get this on the table. I don't want vendors who screw their customers for whatever reason. It hurts my business because it might alter the way buyers want to do business, understandably.
                I don't care about the reason, just keep your customers in the loop.
                Every buyer just wants to know what is going on. That will satisfy most people.
                If you can't communicate with your customers about what it happening with their orders you don't deserve to have their money. But honestly, for most anyone, If they simply know what is happening, that is all they care about. Some may want a refund, and they should get it with no argument if you missed your deadline.

But here is the opposite point.
                "Dead beat customers" is the other side of the coin.
                People who place an order and don't complete payment.

Shane basically opened the door to this discussion. Vendors don't like coming on boards and bashing customers for non payment. It is unprofessional. But it looks like it is all in the open now. If you are going to make vendor's non delivery public, then customer's non payment going public is the other side of the coin.
                We have 4 boxes still sitting here ready to ship because orders were placed, and then payment was not completed prior to shipping. Should I post them here for everyone to see?
                I won't. I will put the product back in inventory, and let it go at that.
                However, We are not doing our Layaway anymore. We had several customers not complete payment even after we had the product done, so we sold it to someone else who was super happy to have it. It bothers me because I really thought we did something to help our customers in hard times, but it backfired.

From My understanding, An upstanding company will not be able to attend the Transworld show do to a customer who paid down 50% and then defaulted on the balance. So, you are losing a dependable vendor due to non payment by ONE customer. It just goes to show how delicate vendors budgets really are.

We will always do 50% down, 50% balance just prior to delivery.
                It is a show of trust from both parties.
                It is the best way to go.
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com
                www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

???? What do you make of that last message?
                  George Maser 864-761-7223, masertents@gmail.com. For the fastest response please call or text! (I talk much better than I type)

Comment

well, I get that he admits it and tells you he will pay. Is that wrong??

Smasters

Comment

Sorry but I got screwed by two vendors this year who said the product was boxed and ready to go. They asked for final payment and then nothing. No calls and no emails. These were two vendors at Transworld. I got part of a shipment months later and still have not gotten the full order. I'm not going to give the rest of the money until you the vendors actually ship the items and can give me the tracking #'s. I lost $8,000 in sales this year because of what I thought were trusted vendors. I want to do more cash and carry and ship the shit back myself. To all vendors I am bringing money next year so start making masks because I want to cash and carry.
                      Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

We are listening

Grimley,

We are listening.
                        Gore Galore will be bringing some Cash and Carry to the show this year.
                        We will even be selling all our costumes right off the show floor at a show discount.
                        Plus all our zombies, we will have 10 scream cubes, 5 of each wall decor, and weapons.
                        We are developing new costumes, and depending on whether we can get them done in time to do a production run, we could also have those too. But possibly only a couple of each.

But please understand this from a vendors perspective. This is why many vendors do not do cash and carry at shows. And if you didn't know it. The Transworld Haunt show is NOT a cash and carry show. Plus, carrying an inventory is expensive. If we take all this product, and it doesn't sell, we will be losing our cash flow for the next couple months. It will be more difficult to make it financially through the next couple months with no orders usually coming in until June. Plus developing new product takes time and sometimes there is not enough time to get production runs done for the tradeshow.

We usually only take orders, but we understand how you feel and will do our best to help.
                        Any vendor who says your order is shipping, and hasn't shipped hurts ALL vendors.
                        It hurts the whole industry.
                        And you really shouldn't do business with that vendor again. Eventually that kind of behavior will catch up to them and they will eventually put themselves out of business.
                        Buyers and Vendors alike have to teach people what is and what is not acceptable business behavior.
                        Kevin R. Alvey
                        info at gore-galore.com
                        www.gore-galore.com
                        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

While were on the subject of getting screwed by vendors. I had a vendor once say he wanted to screw one of my ex's on myspace once to her. Should'nt have brought that up but its true. I will tell anyone in a pm. See where this post has headed. LOL! Screwed got mentioned 1 to many times. But its one thing to be screwed by a vendor and its another thing to get screwed by a vendor!
                          Ha!
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Was the list of bad customers actually posted? Did I miss something? I guess it's only fair since the vendors are now under the microscope.... Shane is right, 50% down 50% at delivery it's that simple.

Comment

Working...
                            X