cash and carry at transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

travel considerations

Cash and carry presents folks with the need to "carry" their stuff home. Airlines are getting much more expensive with luggage and TSA hates electronics they can't identify, trust me on that one. Likewise large or fragile items make more sense to ship. possibly weigh that against whatever product line your bringing. Just a consideration, a reminder that not everything is a good cash and carry candidate.

Comment

i agree TSA is very strict i just flew over halloween time and i forgot to take my wallet out and they got all mad about that and the luggage is usually at least 25 a piece for a suitcase but with the convention being in st louis kinda in the middle of the country i think a lot more people are actually driving there instead of flying. Yes you will have the people that fly and even in the scenario you could always find a ups store and just ship everything back and not have to worry about the airport security. Overall I think that cash and carry is the best way for vendors especially with a lot of people not getting products this year most people will not want to order something and hope that they get it before haunt season
      Kyle Guillette
      Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

Originally posted by ETHEREAL_FX View Post
        Cash and carry presents folks with the need to "carry" their stuff home. Airlines are getting much more expensive with luggage and TSA hates electronics they can't identify, trust me on that one. Likewise large or fragile items make more sense to ship. possibly weigh that against whatever product line your bringing. Just a consideration, a reminder that not everything is a good cash and carry candidate.
        They aint to thrilled at finding 'guns' in luggage
        We recommend our customers get their web guns shipped if they are flying.

Corey
        Minions Web
        GoryCorey
        See all MinionsWeb Original Cob Web Guns, Boomer Air Cannons and weather tight LED Light Bulbs at the MinionsWeb.com online store

Comment

Etheral-
          There is a ups store in the renniasance hotel, very easy to get to. Casy and carry is the way to go for small things. Your sales would be much better If you had products on hand. Efx-tec gets a ton of my business because they open a drawer and hand me what I buy.
          each vendor can make their own call, but you will lose a few sales if you cant get the product in their hands. I really think the buying climate has changed.
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

we will have costumes and masks so the whole electronics and larg items are not a factor. we have already started production and will have plenty of product for everyone. even if your not buying from us stop by for a chat.
            Tim McCall

Comment

Looking forward to it.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Our plans

we will be bringing some stock for the cash and carry crowd, that being said we still recommend shipping, most of which will be immediate shipping, we will be offering pre-sales some of our brand new products that will not be delivered by transworld but for most of your orders they will shipped from our warehouse and will probably beat you home from the show. I think what most folks worry about is not shipping vs. cash n carry but the 6 month wait from vendors who don't stock anything but instead start building after the show. I agree that is hard to swallow as a customer but I understand that the industry is still not large enough for all your vendors to be able to do that. Small mask makers and the like are still working out of their den as what is essentially a hobby and it's a tale is as old as time, if your dealing with artists and the like, for better or worse your usually not dealing with the efficiencies of a dedicated business. I guess we all have to take the good with the bad. I've got a few clients who ordered some things from other vendors at transworld 2010 and still haven't gotten them but as one of them told me, that's the biz!

Comment

Working...
                X