Transworld's Legendary Haunt Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld's Legendary Haunt Tour

If you decided NOT to attend this past weekend’s Legendary Haunt Tour / party given by Transworld, listen hard for the buzzer, eeegggghhhhh, you are disqualified…not attending was not a good decision. There is sooo much to consider after seeing these haunts that my head is still spinning. Sure, we can talk about the pre and post attraction get togethers, but the 4 big attractions is where the rubber met the road so I’ll give you my personal observations as well as what I heard others saying. My own Deborah had to bow ouit at the last minute so I was there alone. That gave me plenty of time to listen…and I heard a lot.
    I felt that in order to get the most out of these attractions, and in order to have as open a mind as possible, I had to go in as 3 people…Rich Hanf the Haunter, the customer, and the geek who can still say WOW when I see something really cool.
    Rich the Geek WOW guy. There was certainly a LOT of WOW. My evening began as did most others…by watching a line entertainer putting a live rat, head first, half way down his throat. It certainly set the tone for the evening. You couldn’t help but be awed by the sheer size of these shows. I don’t think there are any larger ones anywhere and I heard a rumor that Guiness was coming to measure them for the world’s size record. There was almost too much to remember so I’ll just pull some of what I remember up from my not so good anymore memory. The Heaven room…a room that was done up brilliantly and beautifully in all white. There was a Saint Peter type character whose make up was so flawless that you almost believed that you were dead. There was a girl on a fabric swing that was also in white and impeccably made up. Hey…if this is what heaven is like maybe dying won’t be so bad after all.
    They had a graveyard you walked through that made me feel as if I were walking through crypts in New Orleans, a winged creature flying overhead in a hallway, fabulously executed 50 / 50 ghost illusions, a wooden rope bridge that led into a foggy nowhere, a werewolf forest complete with baying werewolves and beautiful yet subtle blue lights cutting through the fog, they had beautiful lights, stone catacombs, and a vampire girl on what I can only describe as long long “silks” that flew across a long deep shaft. Certainly one wrong miss by her and she would have plummeted to her death. She flew across this “shaft” and landed somewhere on the spiral staircase…seemingly out of nowhere. As I commented over and over again… this was the Cirque du Soleil of Haunting. There was a so called medieval castle with a lightning storm and intense wind. It made me want to raise my arms up high and scream,…It’s Alive…it’s alive!!! Amidst all this were some good old fashion scares (remember them). The best of them centered around the biggest snake you had ever seen. They had a GIANT Anaconda behind some glass. As you stood there watching this beast someone overhead dropped a rubber snake on I wire right in front of you. It was the quintessential scare. Since I just used the word quintessential without using spellcheck…and because this could turn into a really long post I think I’ll end this part right here. Rich Hanf the Haunter and Rich the customer will be follow ups tomorrow. To close, if you were looking for the WOW factor, for unique scares, for technical things you had not see before, for gorgeous scenery and creative ideas, for taking nearly everything to not just the next level…but a level or two above that…if that is what you were looking for…well on a scale of 1 -10 you would have found a 10 on this tour. Still glad you stayed home? Rich Hanf

tour

Thanks Rich. I wanted to go so bad but just could not fit it into my schedule. I was bummed I missed it before. But now I guess I will go out in the garage and shoot myself in the foot.
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

These are all old standards of The Edge of Hell and The Beast. They have had everything you described for years. But they work and they are great and thats why they are still here today. I think its a good idea Guiness comes both haunts are massive. How was Cinema Macabra and Edgar Allen Poe? Still havent made those.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Rich hit it correctly

A big thanks to Amber and Monty and their whole crew for the awesome weekend.

Rich was standing there in awe of the second biggest snake in captivity. We found out later that the biggest is in teh basement currently and was in the eating and molting mode. What do they feed a 24 foot snake? Amber said presently they were feeding it wounded deer once a week. Normally once per month is usual. So Rich is standing next to me and we are in awe of that snake when right in front of our noses, which were almost pinned to the glass, the rubber snake was dropped and we both jumped!

Thanks Rich for watching out for me and my bad knee.

Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Brett

Hey Brett...if you don't mind, could you please give me a way to contact you? I told you about a friend of mine and you suggested a program he might be interested in. I'd like to follow up with that. You can send me a number at rhghoul@embarqmail.com Had a great time with you...thanks

Comment

Wounded deer? Where do they get wounded deer? I can understand why they would probably need to be wounded. The deer would probably try to kick the hell out of the snake in trying to survive. I dont think I would want to be in a room with a 28 to 29 ft Anaconda. Thats how big I heard it was the last time.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
            X