Who's profit and who's not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's profit and who's not?

Those of you here that do own a haunted attraction. How many of you are profit, charity, of profit that donates a portion of their profit each year?

I'm just getting a feel before I ask my next question.

We are a for profit, but donate 10% of our gross to charity.

Dave
    Lords of Chaos, LLC
    House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

We're a for-profit and also donate to a non-profit each year.

Kel
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Same here.
        Kevin
        MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

This will be our first year and we are planning to be a 'for profit' haunt with a percentage going to charity!

Kirk :twisted:
          Kirk Boemmel
          Dark Ghost Manor
          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

good, now that i have singled out the one's i'm looking for. what kind'a paper work do you have to do to be a profit haunt that donates a portion of the profit?

Comment

For those of you that donate a portion to charity, do you advertise that a portion of your proceeds go to charity, and do you sololicit donations thru that affiliation?
              Greg Salyers
              Fear Entertainment

Comment

We advertise that a portion of the proceeds and all food items collected will be donated to our charity. In our case, we had to fill out a simple form provided by the charity.
                Kevin
                MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

There is not governmental paperwork required, at least not here. You may need to sign an agreement with the charity in order to be able to use their name in you advertising.

Dave
                  Lords of Chaos, LLC
                  House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

If some bills go through congress you will be involved in a governmental paper work trail. You should be giving only to properly documented charities and have such documentation for years down the road when this might be taxable proceeds. And you had the money in your care so you get to pay the taxes the organization did not or was not qualified to accept non taxable donations.

The cool part about this? The government will be on a lot of churches backs in the future just like the people are watching for the government getting $600 toilet seats.

You could be reproached up to 4 years later to justify the money trail to determine it was indeed a non taxable donation to a source that truely provides a community service. You must maintain these records for 4 years. On small amounts of money I doubt the guys from Dragnet will appear but, it is a cover your butt kind of thing.

If you are chasing charities and organizations that no longer exist 4 years after the fact, you could be liable for paying the tax on that income and if the laws get passed there might be fines for not providing certain forms at the end of the year.
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

for profit and not for profit

Scream Farm is 100% for charity, as an ex horror actress and scream queen
                      I decided I wanted to do somethingthat would be fun. I sunk my own money into
                      it and its been an absolute blast. I was Mirricalla the Velvet Vampyress for
                      the Montgomery Zoo's ZOO BOO for ten years and each year the zoo
                      treated the volunteers worse and worse so I had to make a change.
                      I went with my boyfriend at the time to Mount Carroll Illinois his hometown
                      and saw the Raven's Grin for the first time and I had always wanted to
                      do a charity haunted house but seeing how much fun Jim Warfield was having
                      just set my plans into stone.
                      So I married my boyfriend from Mount Carroll, Illinois and now we run
                      SCREAM FARM for St. Jude. We have managed to do this in the Bible
                      Belt as well which is no easy feat!
                      Come Scream with us at SCREAM FARM

Comment

THANK YOU! that glowing testimonial, it made my day!
                        Inspiring others to do their own art is about the highest achievement that I will feel!
                        I have heard customers say, "I used to do something like you do."
                        "Why quit doing something you enjoy and is (often) uniquely "You"?
                        Thanks again !
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

use to be non-profit, not going to profit with a % still going to a local charity

sean
                          Sean De Wane
                          ----------------------------------------------
                          The De Wane Asylum
                          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
                          X