Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimley
    replied
    I will stand with you on this one Shane. I too am tired of being stressed out to the point of getting very ill. I will NOT buy from the vendors seen here with multiple complaints and I intend to make use of the new ratings site. Someone should print out the reviews and scatter them on the lunch tables at Transworld. You guys know we all sit there and read that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• graystone
    replied
    I want to.....

Make it clear not all vendors are bad in this industry I just want some vendors to change their policy's because we as buyers are talking all the gamble and the vendors take NONE. I will also say the companies I listed above does just that they trust us just as we trust them its a perfect match. This guarantees our products in a timely manner and it guarantees their payment in a timely manner its TRUST AND RESPECT. For those who do their haunts out of their own home towns this also helps them and allows them time to focus on the haunt without running around town trying to wire or get credit card approvals everyday for large purchase amounts.

This is a reason I don't use credit cards on large amounts. My card has a 1500.00 cap per day. This if for my protection and is something my bank offers yes it has its drawbacks with big purchases but if my card gets lost or stolen no one can drain it of tens of thousands of dollars this happened to me with am exemployee they used my credit card and spent $9000.00 in one night and I would have not know then if the bank had not called and alerted me of many transactions. Again lets all work on making changes for the better here. Shane and it's time for the change! Shane this time.

Leave a comment:

• terrormasue
    replied
    Shane I agree with you 100%. Haunt Company Review is going to try to do just that!. When the season is over we can all get on the band wagon and try to put a stop to this vendor issue. It looks like I am out several thousand and I can't absorb that. I am a very small fish in a large stock pond. I'll get eaten up pretty quick........

Sue

Leave a comment:

• SilentScream
    replied
    Accountability is key here... in any other industry vendors that do not deliver the requested product per the agreed upon timetable do NOT stay in business. It can be easy, as a vendor, to get so excited about an influx of orders that you over-promise and under-deliver. In this case, honesty with customers is critical and unfortunately seems to be lacking.

I definitely support a "recommended vendor list", with the characteristics being top notch service and quality props.

Leave a comment:

• graystone
    started a topic It's time for change!!!!!!!!!

It's time for change!!!!!!!!!

This week I have been sick and running around in a town that don't even have my own bank branch to get a vendor paid. It's been insane! This has me thinking so far this year I have been taken from what appears to be three vendors and trust me the world will know in due time. With me being out of town one vendor prefers his policy of I don't ship till its paid in full. Whats wrong with this picture? Well I will tell you I AM SICK AND TIRED OF TRUSTING SOME VENDORS ONLY TO BE SCREWED OR NOT GET THE SAME RESPECT AND TRUST I GAVE THE VENDOR. It's a slap in the face to say well you can trust me with your money but I will not trust you with the balance after you have recieved the product? I am expected to trust them with half my money but I can't get the same respect with the company sending my products then have me mail them the remainder of the balance. Its supposed to be 50/50 not me as a buyer taking all the gamble. Again this is about alot of vendors with this policy.

Some vendors will say well I have tried this and have got screwed well ok so have many of us as buyers its a gamble on both parts. This Indusrty needs to change and I say TransWorld should step up to the plate for starters and not allow these guys into the show. When I say these guys I mean the ones with a history of bad service and repeated complaints. I have have had so many call's from people who think I can help them and I can surly try but guys Shane is in the same boat as you but I will fight for fair treatment.

So heres the deal from here on out IF YOUR A VENDOR AND YOU CAN'T TRUST ME THEN I WILL AND I REPEATE WILL NOT BE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOUR COMPANY. If your a vendor who has had compalints aginst them time and time again I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH YOU. I am tired of paying deposits only to be calling in late September to find out where my products are. It's time for these Vendors to take the gamble too. If they don't have enough business capitol to take a risk JUST AS I DO then that tells me I need to look at another company. I prefer to pay in cash or check I will also be more than glad to pay 100% up front with the understanding DO NOT CASH MY CHECK TILL THE WEEK BEFORE SHIPPING. I say a week because this gives the vendor a week for the check to clear if they don't know you.

I also want to commend the following companies these are companies that I give deposits to at the show and they ship my orders and after I get my products I mail them a check. I do this with the following..

Poison Props
    Unit 70
    Nethercraft
    Froggys Fog
    Screamline
    There are a few others but those were off the top of my head. I have the upmost respect for these guys and have never ONCE had a problem with them and they can say the same with me.

Bottom line here people this is past business that's not cutting it this is about trust and respect. I think this coming year will be a new day there will be companies that will lose business because us buyers we have been there and done that and its time to meet in the middle. Half down and the balence when product is in hand. Some don't want to do this because they know what you seen at the show is not what you will get when its delivered. HAUNT INDUSTRY IT'S TIME FOR US BUYERS TO STICK TOGETHER AND UNITE AS ONE! Shane and its I will lead the way. Shane this time!
    Last edited by graystone; 09-23-2010, 10:55 PM.
Working...
X