TW combining shows for 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transworld

How about IAAPA ? how cool would it be to spend some of your money before the end of the year so the tax man doesn't get ahold of it ? AND wtalk about weather... Orlando has all beat... This would give the chance for haunt owners to step up their games as well as the vendors. I hate to add to the argument but if its the weather ...
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I guess the thing to think about is the fact that the haunt show will be on its own for two years in a new city other than where we were all together, Rosemont. We went out on our own and ran a successful show in St Louis. How can the Halloween people who will be leaving the city they always go to and FOLLOWING US down to St Louis even think about treating us like second class? They are following us to St Louis and hopping on our wagon not the other way around like it used to be, I doubt they will be looking down on us they should be looking looking up at us obviously Transworld feels that they need us more than we need them.

DA

Comment

next time it moves

I say LETS GO TO FLORIDA !! I mean who the hell doesnt want to go to Florida in March ?? AND they have a big amusement convention in the first part of the year that just may appeal to some of the large haunts, not to mention beaches, Disneyworld, Busch Gardens, and etc....

never understood why the show went from Rosemont to Vegas then BACK TO THE FRIGGIN COLD in Saint Louis...

I vote Florida.... next time everyone votes to move the show LETS MAKE IT WORTH IT ...lol

( Just noticed I argued that point just 2 posts above...lol...sorry )
        Last edited by maliciousstudios; 01-16-2011, 08:25 PM.
        "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
        www.maliciousstudios.com
        "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
        http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Demographically, Chicago did, and St. Louis makes sense, as they somewhat centrally located in the nation, maybe with a little favor to the east, but the volume of haunts in the middle and eastern side of the nation if I am not mistaken is a lot greater than in many other parts of the country.

That's not to say Id personally love to take the trip to Florida or California in opposition of St. Louis...but it might be a little more distracting in a more touristy area.

Id love to see a demographic map showing pin points of where all the haunts in the nation are...to see the actual data in real time.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

My question is to Larry or anyone who can answer this and knows what they are talking about. Where are they gonna uut the retail side of the show? And if the Haunted Attraction side of the show grows anymore than the first year where is it all gonna be. I dont claim to know the Americas Center front to back. But personally I dont think its as big as Donald Stephens in Rosemont. Is there another area to put all this? I mean there would have to be or they couldnt host it all? Where is the rest of the show room floors?
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
              My question is to Larry or anyone who can answer this and knows what they are talking about. Where are they gonna uut the retail side of the show? And if the Haunted Attraction side of the show grows anymore than the first year where is it all gonna be. I dont claim to know the Americas Center front to back. But personally I dont think its as big as Donald Stephens in Rosemont. Is there another area to put all this? I mean there would have to be or they couldnt host it all? Where is the rest of the show room floors?
              Damon
              If you look on the website for the show you can see the entire floor plan...looks like it just fits in there, side by side.

Keep in mind that now that the shows are combined...there will be some vendors that were at both shows and will now only have a booth on one side or the other. Most tradeshows do also limit the number of vendors if it ever becomes necessary to fit the venue, then it is first come first served.

Currently there are still quite a few booths that are open, so I do not forsee some expansion being an issue. The floorplan map looks like it has dividers represented on it, and would appear as if the haunt show only took up about 1/3 of the total space available last year.

here is a direct link to the map (its a little buggy sometimes...just click off the window and back if it disappears) : http://www.twevite.com/vr2/shows/hs7ha27/start.html

Mike "Pogo" Hach
              Last edited by jakprintsHAUNT; 01-18-2011, 06:42 PM.
              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Thanks Jaks. Thats what I had heard but was making sure. Not to knock this show but there is no way it will be as big as it was in Chicago. But more vendors will be welcomed I guess at least by some. Hope everything works out well for everyone. Site doesnt come up for me so thats why I was asking.
                Damon
                Last edited by damon carson; 01-18-2011, 07:46 PM.
                Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                X