Eyes for Bucky Skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes for Bucky Skull

I just read "The Soultakers Burial Ground" article in the latest HauntWorld. In the article, it speaks of using wooden craft store balls for the eyes in a bucky skull. I was wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head what size of eye (wooden ball) would be ideal for a regular bucky skull.

I'm looking to by a bunch of these wholesale online. here is a link to a wholesale website that shows the various sizes: http://www.craftparts.com/balls-ball...c-277_279.html

If anyone knows where to get them for cheaper, please let me know.

THANKS!!!
    Chris Tillman, President
    Rocky Mountain Terror, LLC
    Trick or Terror Haunted House
    www.TerrorHaunts.com

I should also note that I am using a regular "lifesize" bucky skull and not one of the giant bucky skulls noted in the HauntWorld article.
    Chris Tillman, President
    www.TerrorHaunts.com

Comment

I think it's one inch. I just checked and all I have left is 1-1/4 which is too big for regular Bucky's. Your best bet may be to go to the craft store and buy one to make sure it's the size you want and then buy a bunch online if they are cheaper. I put Magic Sculpt into the eye socket and squish the wooden ball in place. It's best to paint the ball the color you want first at least the base coat. You can add pupils later if you want but sometimes I like to leave them white, black or an eerie green for a more creepy look.

These are regular size Buckey's.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Thanks! Awesome article, by the way. I'm going for more of the traditional Halloween theme myself, with somewhat of a gothic underworld twist, so learning more about your haunt was extremely inspiring.
        Chris Tillman, President
        www.TerrorHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
        X