Online ticketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online ticketing

We have been thinking about starting to take tickets online from our haunts website. But I am unsure of what the best options would be for our haunt. It is my understanding that many of the major online ticketing sites charge a base fee as well as a percentage of each ticket sale.

At our charity haunt we run about 6,000 guests through for the entire 11 nights total that we are open. I dont know how many tickets we would have to sell for that to be cost effective.

I seen another haunts site was doing online ticketing through a site called www.asecurecart.net. They supposedly only charged about $15 /month and didnt charge a percentage per ticket.

Would anyone care to talk a bit about there online ticketing. Has anyone used www.asecurecart.net. Any help or suggestions on where to look would be greatly appriciated.

Kelly
    Kelly Anderson
    Owner- Halloween Undercroft
    http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
    Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Checkout www.ticketleap.com
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

online tickets

Thanks for the post. I checked out ticket leap and that didnt look to terribly bad. Im going to bring it up also at our haunt meeting tomarow night. But I know what will get brought up is if we are only selling tickets for $7 normally and ticket leap ads another $1.30 on to that will it detur people from buying online. I know it doesnt sound like much but I know that will get brought up.

Also, they didnt post any prices for using their ticket scanner. Does anyone know what the scanner cost? What are the pro's and con's for using the scanner of not? Aslo keep in mind we only total about 6,000 guests over the eleven nights we are open. Our busiest nights are about the 3-4 weekends into oct. and we could run anywhere from 700 - 1000 people on those nights. We usually have two people selling tickets and for those nights it keeps them quite busy....usually.

Ive also come across this site www.asecurecart.net. Has anyone used them?

Kelly
      Kelly Anderson
      Owner- Halloween Undercroft
      http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
      Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

I will be interested to hear how this shopping cart product works for tickets.

We were a first year haunt last year in a tech savey area so I felt we had to sell online. In the end we did about 10% of our sales online.

I did not want to pay or pass along the fees associated with the various ticket services and I checked them all out. In the end, I went with a similar shoppig cart solution.

I set up the store myself using the open sorce product ZenCart. With a few addons I had a workable solution. I did not implement a barcode system, instead we had the customer set his own password that he needed at willcall to pick up the tickects.
        ZenCart is not the easiest thing to work with, but the solution had no fees associated with it.
        Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
        Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
        2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Interactive Ticketing works pretty well

Last year we went with interactive ticketing, and we had a near flawless experience. They supply you with everything you need but the scanner... and they even tell you what model and where to buy it. I believe they only charge a flat rate of $0.75 per ticket (or barcode). We only sell 3 ticket types online, and customers bring their tickets to the box office and exchange them for tickets for our events. We do not advertise "save time in line" or anything, but we do offer our biggest discounts online, and had a great success last season. I highly recommend interactive ticketing
          Patrick Barberry
          www.legendsofthefog.com
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X