• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is better??

need some info on this..

having to build your own props or just buy them off the net

Thanks!!

HG
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

HG,
    "having to build your own props or just buy them off the net"
    You have answered your own question, if it was something you wanted to do then you would have said getting to as opposed to having to. It is hard and messy work, the payoff is having custom props.
    I make most of mine, it does not really save money but again the payoff is custom pieces that they cant see anywhere else.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

thanks Allen!!

i have made some stuff for my costum. but i was not to sure if it would be better for like tombstones or other stuff...
      it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

Talent and time. That is what it usually comes down to. Do you have the ability to make it well and do you have the time. If you do buy props from vendors which is deffinitely not a bad thing, try to modify it some or maybe try to get a custom paint job to make it just a little different than what everybody else has
        Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

That is great advice Mike. I try to tell people that nothing they buy is ever finished, it all needs work to fit in with their vision.
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Just Saw Off ONE Finger!

And everything you thought that you were saving is out the wallet/window!
            Unless you sew it back on yourself.
            My old Dentist did that. Dr. Holmes, Chadwick, Ill. 85 yrs old? Accidently sawed one off, went down to his office, novacained it, sewed it back on!
            "Now get back to work!"

I used to own almost no tools. Life was hard.
            I own many nice tools now. they cost munny! They can break or slip away for months (vacation?)
            I was given my first tool kit when I learned to walk and proceeded to remove all the screws holding the hinges on the front door of my parent's house!
            "Oh, isn't that cute! Jimmmy thinks his little hand, picking away at those screws will unscrew those wood screws!"
            "Crash!"
            Guess again Parents!
            Some people have no aptitude for building things, they are a danger to themselves and sometimes others they know and love.
            The verdict is still out on the guys who built the atomic bomb.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Both are good!

I found myself being like a kid at the candy store when I attended Transworld last year, I wanted EVERYTHING!

However since I am also a prop builder, I've built things that weren't featured at the show & when I get my future house up & running I'll have props, etc., you won't find in any other house.
              John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

Working...
              X