Anyone working on their haunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone working on their haunts?

Anyone else working hard in the off season on their haunts while its cold? The heat just seems to suck the life outta me so im hard at work on renovations now. Im glad I dont have to tear down I remember the old days of hauling out lumber in the heat of the summer. It reminds me of the dunkin donuts guy (its time to get the lumber) (its time to get the lumber)
    The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

I like the cold better..

Cutting 2 doorways in the next week or so. building a bridge as well next month.

Peter T
    FS
    Fables Studios
    Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
    https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

I would be if I had a permanent building/location. Working on potential floor plan (if we get the same building) and getting prop and costume ideas going.
      Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

If I only had the keys...

I'd most definitely be working on the house right now! I've got keys to get into our back dock (haunted house exit) & a key allowing me into my workshop (which over time has spilled out onto the dock. During the off season I'm busy building props, mainly static props, I'm learning how to build pnuematics. I know how to do maintenance on pneumatics however, over time I'll add them to my work. I'd LOVE to see my work(s) come to life!
        Nah, we won't get started again until sometime March or April. If I only had the keys to the haunt itself I would've either started remodeling Halloween night after our doors closed or the following morning after at least one good nights rest. I can't get enough of haunted houses, so in the off season if it weren't for my prop building, I might go into deep depression!
        John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

We're working on ours... tearing stuff down, planning new rooms/scenes... the biggest thing we're working on right now is our 2010 marketing; probably the most important part of the haunt!

And yes, building with no heat equals MASSIVE COLD!!! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We re-model every year, this year is a big one for us, our haunt up until now was mostly on a dirt basement floor, this posed huge isses for us, we are now pouring concret over most of the area, so we've removed 2/3 of the walls and are now setting frames for the pour in two wweks, as we do this we are recycling the old woo, cleaning props, checking lights and sound gear and planning for an all new path for the haunt.

Like Tyler says marketing plans are so important too, we rethink ours yearly, adding new marketing ideas all the time.

that coupled with the addition of the Haunted house convention in May, this is a crazy year for us.
            Ed Roberts
            Founder
            The Nightmare Factory
            www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
            www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

We're looking to majorly expand our marketing... more TV, a HELL of alot more radio, billboards, print, internet, etc. etc. Working on a hardcore street team to help market the haunt on a grassroots level... reaching into the colleges, high schools, etc.

Let's hope it works! hahahaha.... -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We are working on ours. We started tearing down 2 weeks ago. We are changing out about 40% of Sarahs Legend and about 35% of SlashMasters Asylum.
                We have started rebuilding Sarahs Legend and we have some awsome things planned for the 2010 season.
                We have a few short weeks to get ready for Transworld St.Louis. YES you heard that right.... The Columbia Haunt Tour will once again open there doors for The haunt convention. Stay tuned for all the details....
                Greg
                Fearfest
                Greg Allen
                scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Instead of ripping it all down...

Do much more minor things that will effectively change the looks so much that 98% of your customers will think it's totally new and different.
                  Rearrange the color and the direction of a room's lighting, then re-route them through the room in a different direction= "New Room!"
                  Everytime you rip apart a room you are destroying somebody's favorite part of the house.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, continual improvement is what we strive for. You cant just move a few things in the room or paint it a diffrent color if your not satisfied with the way it was originally designed.
                    We are trying to make our haunt as realistic as possible and if you have to tear down rooms to improve your total experience thats what we do.
                    In the 7 years we have been in business we have made great strides to improve our haunt and in doing so teardown and rebuilding our attraction has been necessary.
                    Detailing has become a major part of haunts across the country including ours and some of the original areas have to be removed and updated.
                    I wish it would be as easy as painting and redecorating but the way it is now thats not an option.
                    We work on our haunt all year long and modifying the route and rooms is what our customers have come to expect.
                    With your house being open all year I dont see how you can update it.
                    My hat is off to you for being able to do what most haunters want to do. That is be able to have a business open all year and love doing what you do.
                    Thank you Jim for showing us you can do what you love and make a living off of it.
                    Greg
                    Fearfest
                    Greg Allen
                    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Greg..

Looking forward to coming down and visiting you guys again! My bunch and the Atrox bunch had a blast! Shane and its on yeah I got a party going on too! Shane this time
                      sigpic

Comment

Greg now that is some Transworld information I have been waiting on. I loved it last year and will for sure be making it again this year. Highlight of a very fun trip.
                        sigpic

Comment

I cant wait for you guys to come down and see what we have done to the place. I hope it turns out as good as we think it will. We have some sweet ideas that if goes as planned will be really cool.
                          Shane, we are planning on attending your party. We're hopin on winning some of the cool prizes!
                          See you soon!
                          Greg
                          Fearfest
                          Greg Allen
                          www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

At Ultimate Fear we are already working again. We finalized this years new floor plan last night, and will begin construction this afternoon!

Comment

Working...
                            X