Needs a 6 ft x 6 ft clear cube!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs a 6 ft x 6 ft clear cube!

I need to build a 6 ft x 6 ft x 6ft semi-transparent cube that I can move down a hallway. It is supposed to be a giant mound of jello attacking the people. It does not have to be a perfect cube -- in fact one with rounded edges would be better.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to build one? I was thinking of getting some thick clear plastic and just "welding" the seams together to make a cube -- and then have a small hose connector out the back so I could run a black hose to the cube. I would use positive pressure to keep the thing inflated.

Does anyone have any ideas about materials and methods to make this Cube?

Thanks!
    Jeff Martin

Owner/CEO
    True Adventures, Ltd.

Any inflatable manufacturer can make this for you, but If you want to make it yourself then I would use clear vinyl. I think at the fabric store you can find it 54 inches wide. They use it to cover tables in restaurants. I would sew the cube together ( as well as glue/weld) and then glue in an inflatable valve. (Like from a pool toy). Then it is like a giant sturdy balloon. I dont know why that would not work. This is my way of doing it Im sure there are other opinions.
    If you need more help pm me.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I have to ask, Who came up wuth the idea of a giant jello monster?
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I say you just make it out of Jello.
        Yummy.
        :P.
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Balistic's gel?
          Proud to be able to work at
          http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

You might post your question over on The Bubble, it's a forum for making inflatable art.
            Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

I made a really cool blob monster once with a giant silk bag and a leaf blower, it undulated perfectly. I put it in a strobe room and it got good reactions.
              Allen H

Comment

Jello used for commercials is made of real jello with 2-4X the amount of powder per water ratio. It will NOT melt! Go for the real thing.

Comment

Thanks for the input all.

The monster is an old Dungeons and Dragons creature that we have to recreate. Long story!
                  Jeff Martin

Owner/CEO
                  True Adventures, Ltd.

Comment

Which monster? I would like to look it up in my monster manuals.
                    Brian Warner
                    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I recall it being called a gelatinous cube. I think you could see old armor and undigested stuff suspended in it.

Comment

Ding! Ding!

The plan is to suspend gold coins, a dagger and some other junk from fishing line inside it...if possible.

I think I am just going to try to make a clear cube out of clear vinyl and use positive pressure to keep it inflated.

Any ideas on how to best weld the seams?
                        Jeff Martin

Owner/CEO
                        True Adventures, Ltd.

Comment

Clothes iron?
                          Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

I would buy about fifty boxes of that real water gel. Or whatever they call it. Pour it in a large container then cut it and shape it. You could dye it anycolor you want. This stuff gets solid and still is like rubbery.? Sounds like a big undertaking. Good luck!
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                            X