No announcement yet.

New Hauntworld Magazine Cover Check it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning on doing whole states with future magazines, like PA or Ohio or Missouri or whatever in the future. I think for the summer issue we might cover PA haunts or some other state. Be on the look out!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thats awsome!! the colors really pop. I like this
      The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

Comment

Here is a page from the Fright Kingdom story... Looks cool!

Larry
        Attached Files
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

The magazine is coming along slower than I thought but its getting ever so close to being done... the magazine should end up at about 64 or so pages not sure yet but its a nice magazine!

For all those how to people out there this issue is packed up with how to information...

As with any magazine I PERSONALLY try to get articles that I feel we as an industry need to improve upon, learn about, need more insight on or simply myself as a haunt owner would want to read or information I would want.

That is really what separates Hauntworld Magazine from all the rest... our goal is to provide you with CUTTING EDGE information to IMPROVE and ADVANCE your business...

I think we've achieved that with this edition and wanted to send out a big thanks to Haunted Overload's crew who wrote nearly every article in the magazine... articles I asked him to write because they are on forefront in the area's I wanted to feature: video, photography, and more.

I also wanted to say thanks to Tim Dunne who really helped me get this magazine together as well... I look forward to more articles written by the haunt owners from this industry going forward.

What makes you guys successful we as an industry need to know...and now you will!

Here it comes...

Larry

PS: I also wanted to mention an ALL NEW Hauntworld Magazine website is in the works and it will include over 100 articles about how to run a successful haunted house! It will also include the Hauntworld FEATURED haunt directory! People will be able to find a haunted house on the new magazine website... last year over 200,000 people visited this site in October and there was no haunt directory now there will be!
          Attached Files
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

This is Bitch'n!! I like the idea you are taking a new approach to this magazine! I got tired of just seeing the vendor adds and the showing off of peoples haunts!! The magazine was kind of like a playboy, it teased people. You showed all these cool haunts but not how they made things for their haunt. It did not go into the huge depth of how they set up their haunts as well. It did cover some depth though, dont get me wrong. It was full of articles basically bragging about haunts, it did not give the depth how to improve ones haunt! This is one of the many reasons why I stopped my membership to this magazine. This new approach should be more effective, you caught my attention now!

In the future I want to see full depth of how to age objects, faux painting, aging wallpaper, making cracks in walls, Panel detail, set design, set construction, spfx. Even though most of us know how to do this everyone uses different techniques that turn out differently.

Basically what I am saying is that you should show the process of making your own complete haunted attraction, over a few magazines. Make a magazine that cantors to idiots like me and pros. A magazine that cantors to idiots will allow more growth of your magazine. It can then be sold to people who want to make a haunted house but don't have the skills necessary to making one.

It will also help expand the knowledge of people who have been in the business, 95% of haunt owners in this business need to know the little things to make their haunts better. There is a whole lot more improvement that most haunt owners need to do, including me. I want to know how!!!!

-Frank Balzer
            FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
            www.RotHauntedHouse.com
            Frank W. Balzer
            FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
            http://frankwillisbalzer.viewbook.com/
            --------------------------------------------------
            www.RotHauntedHouse.com
            www.R-Fx.com

sigpic

Comment

Great job on the mag Larry!! Its really looking good and I cant wait to get my hands on this issue
              Brad Bowen
              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I can't wait to read the articles the Haunted Overload crew put together...especially Tim Bickford's article...this man is truley amazing with a video camera and we can all learn from him.

The layout Brainstorm Studios put together is Killer on all the articles I have had a peek at on here in the forum.

Congradulations to everyone involved at Hauntworld...this magazine looks like it will be one of the best issues ever!
                Tim Dunne
                www.FrightKingdom.com
                Proud Member of the HHA
                www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

Tim,

Isn't Tim Bickford already the same guy who shoot your videos as well?

DA

Comment

Hey Dark Angel,

Yes Tim Bickford has put together 2 awesome videos for us so far, one using video that we shot and another that Tim came on location and shot while we were open this past season. They keep him busy over at Haunted Overload during the season with everything those guys have going on. We try and get video every night of operation because ya never know when that perfect guest reaction will happen. I look forward to learning more about lighting scenes and proper angles to shoot from and basically getting better footage on our own so Tim can do his editing magic and put together new vids for us in the off season for future promotions.
                    Tim Dunne
                    www.FrightKingdom.com
                    Proud Member of the HHA
                    www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

I agree I want to learn more about video technique as well....

DA

Comment

Tim, thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. Both you and Eric are great to work with. I truly appreciate your business.

In the spirit of the "Creating a Haunt Video" article, I thought that it would be good to post a short video that highlights some of the techniques discussed in the article.

This video uses many different techniques that I have worked out over the years. One technique, in particular, is the use of still photos mixed in with video footage. In this clip I used a series of photos taken during the 2009 Haunted Overload season of static props and scenes. There are many more incredible photos that I will use in another promo video for the 2010 season but this will give you a taste of what can be done when the two mediums are mixed together in a creative way set to music. I discuss the options for music rights in the article as well, it can make or break a video.

Enjoy this video with great photographs taken by Artifact Images. They are the best and I enjoyed using their "Killer Shots" to make this clip. Their article of the same name will be a must read for haunt owners looking to improve the quality of photographs taken of their attractions.

Thanks again,

Tim Bickford
                        Creative Cinema Video
                        http://www.creativecinemavideo.com
                        Last edited by Creativecinema; 01-05-2010, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Creative Cinema and Artifact Images are a huge part of the reason that Larry wanted to feature us in Hauntworld this time. Haunted Overload is a massive team effort with many talented people working toward a common goal. It's great to see some of the talent on the team featured and asked to share valuable information with the industry.

I can't wait to see this magazine finished. The articles that Fright Kingdom wrote are great and the few layouts that have been posted are only the tip of the iceberg. I'm looking forward to seeing what Brainstorm does with the rest of it. They kick major ass with the layouts and designs and make the articles really pop with their creative presentation. The content of this book will definitely be what haunters like us want to read about.

Thanks again Larry for asking us to be a part of this issue. I'm glad we could tell our story and help others out there get started or just share what has worked for us so far.

Eric
                          www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

We are already working on Hauntworld Magazine #24. I can't tell you all the details yet but I can tell you it will be a big issue...

Issue 23 is taking longer than expected because the magazines just keeps getting bigger and bigger... its an important issue because we're highlighting everything going on at Transworld 2010.

We have TONS AND TONS of vendor support which is always nice I think we have twice as many ads in this issue as the last issue and it keeps growing every single day. Whats cool is we'll have tons of NEW vendors with ads showcasing new products!

I'm thinking we'll have this thing ready to start putting it all together by the start of next week... we should have this thing to a printer by the end of next week and I would say sometime around the third week of January we'll start mailing them out.

Here are more images from the new magazine.

Lastly wanted to let people know the new magazine site is in the works RIGHT NOW as we speak... it will have a haunt finder as well, in addition to TONS of articles, information and the latest and greatest in the haunt industry.

If you want to subscribe go to www.hauntedhousesupplies.com and subscribe to Hauntworld Magazine.

Take care. Larry
                            Attached Files
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Artifact Images here, Larry thanks for the peek! Looks SWEET! We are both pretty pysched about the work that Brainstorm Studios is putting out. The issue is coming together like a puzzle piece finding its way on the table. The work they do is amazing -can't wait to get our hands on it! Dan and Suzanne/Artifact Images
                              Attached Files

Comment

Dan is right, Brainstorm is doing an amazing job with the layouts. I like each one better than the last. The new online site sounds awesome, thanks for the updates. I'm looking forward to the new vendors and products coming out as well as the Transworld info in this issue.

Eric
                                www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Working...
                                X