what to do..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do..

well, i have been thinking and i have seen this many times at the haunt i work at. it breaks the labor laws and some safety laws too. i have been working at this haunt for years now but i don't want it to be shut down. because it's the only hanut is in my town that i can be at. what can i do to make it better for the actors and for the costumers?? i have heard one haunt that was shut down before in my state. If you look at the hanut finder in the main page and see were i live at then you know what i am talking about. that hanut got shut down. And the hanut i work at will not put up there info beause of something else... it's this hanut i am working at. it's been having safety problems and some labor laws too.

what can i do??

thanks

HG
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

I hate to say it, but drive to a haunt that you do want to work at. If the show is not safe and is trying to hide from someone (IRS?) then I think you should go elsewhere. You obviously care about your craft and will be welcome somewhere. When I lived in MD I drove 2hrs each way one season to work at haunt that I wanted to be associated with.
    Its a hard pill to swallow but I think that is your best bet. The other option is to donate a ton of time to your show to attempt to make it safer, try to get into a management position so you can make changes.
    Best of luck,
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I too have an issue like this. I drive an hour one way to get there. I Love this place but there is so many bad things going on there. But there isnt any other haunt to work at inside of 2hrs away. So what do you do? And they dont have any mangt. its the owner and thats it. when Im there I put everything I have into building it the safest way I can, then the rest of the haunt is unsafe. Im just tore because I dont want to go back to working at the local FD haunt.......But I want this place to great. Please help
      MCL
      BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
      www.horrorfields.com

Comment

I had a situation like that down here and decided to just not work for the guy I waited and was lucky enough to find the place I am working at now. It all boils down to the owner if he takes it serious and loves haunts then they do the research and constantly work on it. If not then all you can do is try to introduce them to some ideas and reading but this usually does not work.
        Either way I wish you luck.
        Proud to be able to work at
        http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Working...
        X