Break Rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break Rooms

I was wondering how many haunts have break rooms for the actors and employees?

I always have a break area for my actors, that way I know where they are and they do not have to wander to find a break spot. If I control where they go then I know that customers will not see an actor with a mask on top of their head, blackened greasy eyes ,and a cigarette hanging out of their mouth.
    I try to shield the break room from noise and keep it pretty well lit. Psychologically it helps to have a break from the dark noise of the haunted house. I see a big mood difference between the houses that have decent break rooms and the ones that do not at the end of the night. The same assault that our patrons get our actors are also in all night. I think they need a place to take a breath and fuel up.
    A haunt owner who does not think of this pre-show will have some logistics problems to work out opening night. Know the break schedule and where they will go on break.
    Thats just the way I do it,
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We too have a break area. We have a downstairs outside smoking break area, which is actually a walled in break area with mostly open roof and we have an upstairs inside break area. Both break areas have chairs and tables. The upstairs break area also has makeup stations and mirrors for makeup touch-ups.

Kel
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

We have a break room / meeting room / prop storage area, the room is huge, and has to mid sized rooms for props, fridge, snacks, bathroom, and other storage. Actors check in here to see where they are working, get thier character sheet, go to make up then costuming, then back to HQ.

If you go to google earth and type in 999 Locust Street NE Salem Oregon 97301, you'll see the school, look for a large m or w shaped building, the haunt takes up the entire basement of this building, scene shops, hair, make up, everything is there.

I could go on for hours, I Love our space.
        Ed Roberts
        Founder
        The Nightmare Factory
        www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
        www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

we don't have a break room because we are a out side haunt. the only time we do have a break is before we start and after we are done for the night. i wish we had one but the bosses here will not put up the money for one and at the same time we will work 3-4 hours a night with out a break.

HG
          it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

break room

We have a costume room, break room and makeup room all clustered together. This year we also added a food room on the min level for the actors to eat before we start as we brought back food because of a seminar I attended that changed my mind on this subject. The actors liked it a ton and they were better through the night I think as well.
            Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
            Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

I'll go take pics and show you what I have.

Comment

Working...
              X