The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Did any one of you go see the movie? Well, I didn't want to go - but my girlfriend and her best friend went and saw it. It was good movie, better than the first original.

"New Moon" break midnight box office record: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34067661...inment-movies/

Fans aglow about "New Moon", for the most part: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34068126...inment-movies/
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Alot better than the first movie, the wolves look really cool, it follows the book pretty tightly, and the acting is better than the first, not by much, but it is. The next one will be the best, it has the most action.

Jackie
    “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

I have to disagree, those wolves looked like, well, wolves nothing spectacular. If you're going to do werewolves make them look scary, unless they were just doing the standard wolf thing. They are really copying Underwolrd doing the vampire vs. werewolf thing, and Underworld did it far better that's the way vamps and werewolves are supposed to look not like these socially awkward, sensitive pretty boys...

Darkangel

Comment

Bella is dropped by vampire boy Edward and turns to a musle-bound werewolf named Jacob. The question for the young people is: Will he bite her or won't he? Don't worry about theaters being sold out. The chains just keep ading more theaters.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Vampires do not glow in the daylight. This is a terrible chick flick movie. Vampires are not nice like most movies make them to be. There is different mythology on how vampires are. In some cultures they are Giant Fat blobs that go suck peoples blood. In other cultures they are dumb like zombies. It all started out when people started digging up graves of the deceased. people noticed blood around their mouths. Little did they know dead bodies secrete blood and other bodily fluids from their orfaces when they are dead. This is when people started thinking of Vampires. Now because people did this we have a Vampire romance called Twilight, where vampires are nice and they glow like little fairy's, and prance around. This movie series also shows girls to fall in love with the very creepy quiet guy. HMMM I see a problem with that, some girl might end up dead.

-Frank Balzer
          FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
          Frank W. Balzer
          http://frankwillisbalzer.viewbook.com/
          --------------------------------------------------
          www.RotHauntedHouse.com
          www.R-Fx.com

sigpic

Comment

Someone pointed out to me that these are not vampires at all. They are just confused elves! Aside from the blood drinking they are immortal and sparkle - just like Lord of the Rings Elves - and they hop around like Legolas. They are just elves who "think" they are vampires. They should try out a bow and arrow....

Also I know why that Edward guy cannot read Bellas mind. It is simple, she is a vegitarian from Arizona! He can read minds because of the blood in meat, thus she is so amazing because she eats tofu! One Big Mac, and he could read her mind as well, she would be just another angst filled teenager.

Basically one happy meal from getting dumped.

Just a thought....
            Ben Armstrong
            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
            www.Fearworld.com
            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
              Someone pointed out to me that these are not vampires at all. They are just confused elves! Aside from the blood drinking they are immortal and sparkle - just like Lord of the Rings Elves - and they hop around like Legolas. They are just elves who "think" they are vampires. They should try out a bow and arrow....

Also I know why that Edward guy cannot read Bellas mind. It is simple, she is a vegitarian from Arizona! He can read minds because of the blood in meat, thus she is so amazing because she eats tofu! One Big Mac, and he could read her mind as well, she would be just another angst filled teenager.

Just a thought....
              Well in some myths of Fae folk a few do drink blood so you may be on to somthing there
              Proud to be able to work at
              http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

I agree, give those folks some meat!

And with the Legolas reference, good point but at least Legolas kicked some serious butt all movie long, he was always up for a good fight. These pansies in Twilight are all so soft and emotional and shy its so pathetic and clearly geared towards young girls. If it was geared towards guys, they'd be some horror and blood and violence not discussing their feelings so much!

Darkangel

Comment

Darkangel don't forget to mention it would have nudity too.

Originally posted by Speculo View Post

Just a thought....

Ha I knew it!!! I have finally put things together. This isn't twilight.... Its A Lord of the rings Remake! Damn Hollywood keeps on re making movies. They are running out of Ideas so they had some crazy Director combine lord of the rings and vampires!! Hmmm maybe the elves think they are vampires because a curse was released from the ring when it was destroyed. a side effect from the curse makes them eat tofu. I get it now!!!!! I knew there was something more to this movie than a dumb sparkly vampire who falls in love with a bad actress.

-Frank Balzer
                  www.RotHauntedHouse.com
                  Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM.
                  Frank W. Balzer
                  http://frankwillisbalzer.viewbook.com/
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  www.RotHauntedHouse.com
                  www.R-Fx.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    I have to disagree, those wolves looked like, well, wolves nothing spectacular. If you're going to do werewolves make them look scary, unless they were just doing the standard wolf thing. They are really copying Underwolrd doing the vampire vs. werewolf thing, and Underworld did it far better that's the way vamps and werewolves are supposed to look not like these socially awkward, sensitive pretty boys...

Darkangel

They're supposed to look like normal wolves only much larger, the movie sticks to the book exactally in creating them. They're not trying to do a scary movie here, they're trying to appeal to a teenage audiance not an adult one. Its not really copying from underworld at all, the storyline is completely different. Its not like underworld was some mind blowingly ground breaking film with a storyline that had never been concieved before. Its a classic theme, just geared twords different ppl.

Jackie
                    Rotting Flesh Radio
                    “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

Underworld is way better than Twilight the vampires look and act better there is no one in the Cast of Twilight as talented as Bill Nighy, and no one in Twilight as attractive as Kate Beckinsale, the girl on Twilight is average at best the whole film is so average. You said Underworld didn't break any new groud I believe it did those werewolves are the best I've seen on film, and the concept of vampires and werewolves fighting is a great one. Tell me, what ground has Twilight broken? Because I haven't seen anything in that movie that has broken any ground either....

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        Underworld is way better than Twilight the vampires look and act better there is no one in the Cast of Twilight as talented as Bill Nighy, and no one in Twilight as attractive as Kate Beckinsale, the girl on Twilight is average at best the whole film is so average. You said Underworld didn't break any new groud I believe it did those werewolves are the best I've seen on film, and the concept of vampires and werewolves fighting is a great one. Tell me, what ground has Twilight broken? Because I haven't seen anything in that movie that has broken any ground either....
                        I agree with you on the points of acting, im not thrilled about the cast and i believe the acting is lacking in a great deal (excepting possibly Ashley Greene and Dakota Fanning), but it is interesting when you comment that noone in the twilight cast compares to anyone in the Underworld cast when Michael Sheen is in both, he stars as Lucian in Underworld: Rise of the Lycans and as Aro the Vampire in Twilight...

The werewolves in underworld are good i never said that they werent (i still remember seeing the scene in Rise of the Lycans where Lucian enters the massive cavern jammed wall to wall with werewolves and thinking that it was so utterly badass, i still think that every time i watch it), i merely commented that its a different look and a different type and that it sticks to the book, if the author had intended her wolves to be vicious eating machines then im sure that she would have made them that way as would have the filmmakers, i like both types because both are well suited to the types of movies that they are in

Twlight is now the 3rd biggest box office opening in history and also broke the record for single day box office take....you can't deny that that is ground breaking

Comment

The movie is selling tickets that's for sure but selling tickets doesn't mean the film itself is groundbreaking. I'm willing to bet that a large number of tickets sold is by tween girls who have already seen it 5 times or more...lol

Darkangel

Comment

I saw the movie and thought it was awesome... way better than the first one. If you are a sucker for romance movies there is no way you aren't all over this movie or the first one for that matter. The movie is very touching ... two tortured souls seperated by the facts of their two different lives. In this movie it becomes clear that Edward's relationship with bella has put her into harms way from all sorts of different groups, she's like in the middle of something she could have never imagined.

There is a lot more action in this film than the first one... still not saying much its not an action movie but does have some cool stuff in it. Some wolves kill one of the vampires, and we find out that the wolves all they really do is hunt vampires.

The ultimate showdown between Edward (vampire) and Jacob (werewolf) is coming and is set up in this film... there will be a showdown over Bella as they both love her and she loves them as well but loves Edward more.

This movie ends on a note that you can't wait to see the next one... lucky for those who like this series the next one comes out in June.

Very much like Harry Potter they need to shoot all these movies back to back due to agiing... Bella is a teenager and if they wait a year or two between movies she'll be an adult and that would change everthing.

I never thought I would like something so sappy but I have to admit I like Twilight and Full Moon being so much better only hooks me in for the last two films.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

One more comment here on all that I've read...

YOU CAN NOT compare Underworld to Twilight. That is like making a comparison between 16 Candles to Underworld. Twilight is a throw back to all the camp 80's teen romance movies like Prett in Pink, 16 Candles, blah, blah, blah.

Its this generations teens 16 Candles just in a darker setting. Who would disagree that this is a romance movie first between teenagers? Underworld is a straight action movie, and just for the record I didn't like the fact that they pulled in some of those Underworld guys into this movie.

I felt it was a distraction to the movie because you are like don't mix the worlds, and or isn't that the head of the wovles now playing the head of the vampires? It was a distraction and I personally wasn't a fan the did that...

Underworld is cool but it has nothing to do with Twilight. Twilight should be compared to John Hughes movies from th e 80's while Underworld compared to other action movies like Blade.

Twilight is a dark teen romance movie... and its working to the tune of almost 200 million in the first weekend. This movie is going up and over 300 million and that is amazing. Even though its not a horror movie it still leans in the direction or horror and helps our overall cause. I think Twilight just goes to show one thing... haunting isn't just about scaring people its about reaching the masses and the majority prefers this over Underworld. The three Underworld movies combined gross does not equal Twilight New Moon opening weekend. What does that tell you? It tells me there is a bigger audience out there if you can reach them!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X